HOT!!!

We all (in particular the 08 classes) are spazzing out right now but the situation is in a state of flux. HR is going ballistic as are the facilities. Everything is fluid. I think by the end of the week we'll have something more solid to go with. It may be a delay of two to three months for everyone except those headed to the critically manned facilities. I'm still not throwing my hat in for Miami or New York ;-) I'm going out looking for a job to hold me over. We will eventually all become ATCers just not as soon as would have liked.

Usually the busiest.
I just sent an email to HR asking about my status and got the same response...............don't expect to start the academy until OCT. Looks like my facility isn't considered critical.
Thanks for all the info guys/gals!

Hmmmm...............
Would HCF(Honolulu Control Facility)be considered busy?
Anywho, I just sent an email to HR asking about my status.
Thanks for all the info guys/gals!

If you access ASAP you will see there are two new trainee announcements for Alaska and Hawaii. I considered Hawaii way back but realized I couldn't afford to live there.

If you access ASAP you will see there are two new trainee announcements for Alaska and Hawaii. I considered Hawaii way back but realized I couldn't afford to live there.

Thanks for the info badbudda. But according to HR, HCF isn't one of those facilities in "critical" need. Yes, Hawaii can be quite expensive but I guess I'm used to it. I grew up here. Majority of the family lives here too. That's why I'm really hoping all goes well with the FOL. What facility are you headed for?

Thanks for the info badbudda. But according to HR, HCF isn't one of those facilities in "critical" need. Yes, Hawaii can be quite expensive but I guess I'm used to it. I grew up here. Majority of the family lives here too. That's why I'm really hoping all goes well with the FOL. What facility are you headed for?

Who knows now but my TOL was for STL terminal (Bridgeton). Unfortunately it isn't critically manned either.:panic:

They aren't going to change your location that you recieved your TOL for. All that is going on right now is they are out of money and space for the remaining classes this fiscal year. So if they have empty spots...the priority goes to those who have TOL for critically manned locations. The rest of us will just have to wait until the class schedule for the next fiscal year comes out and then wait our turn as those classes begin filling up.

They already decided who to put where when they called you for your pepci/TOL.

They already decided who to put where when they called you for your pepci/TOL.[/quote]

Guess I'm in a negative mood but this is the government. Anything can happen..........

Guess I'm in a negative mood but this is the government. Anything can happen..........

:yeahthat:I need some SURF time to cheer me up! LOL.
Well, at least we all know "what's up" now! We don't have to be sitting at the edge of our seats day by day wondering............WHEN? WHY? WHO?

They already decided who to put where when they called you for your pepci/TOL.

Guess I'm in a negative mood but this is the government. Anything can happen..........[/quote]

I hear ya, I've been sitting a long time and playing this game for a good bit. Guess I have already gone through the negative mood stage and am now in the "when it happens it happens" stage. I'm just sitting tight and seeing how long my process will be total...lol I am at 1 year and 1 month. I am just enjoying the extra time I have to lounge around over the weekends.

Guess I have already gone through the negative mood stage and am now in the "when it happens it happens" stage. I'm just sitting tight and seeing how long my process will be total...lol I am at 1 year and 1 month. I am just enjoying the extra time I have to lounge around over the weekends.

I like your attitude! In total, I've been in this process for 1 year! You got me beat by a month! LOL. When it comes down to it, all we really CAN do is wait..........and definitely enjoy the extra free time!

I'm so sad. :(

I am DYING to get started- I'm miserable at my job and so anxious to learn something new! Ah well. I suppose this does mean I'm not missing out on surfing in warmer water... yeah, even that doesn't cheer me up.

I had my interview last week, and was hoping to get my TOL and just know more about when I would be leaving.

I guess this also means a lot of us won't be there over T-giving, or maybe even Christmas. Though I don't mind that either.

This is somewhat concerning as I have a TOL but will be turning 31 in Sept.
I know they tell you you're ok as long as you have the TOL, but it seems "they" (HR) aren't always accurate.

If I have a FOL with an OKC Class date of August 12th, should i be concerned about this? I'm about to break my lease tomorrow!

Has anyone from the July 29th class who hasn't received their FOL heard something from HR today? That is the boat I am in and wondering.... :buck:

This is somewhat concerning as I have a TOL but will be turning 31 in Sept.
I know they tell you you're ok as long as you have the TOL, but it seems "they" (HR) aren't always accurate.

I hear what your saying, I don't really know who else you could confirm with other than your HR rep. My rep has always seemed to give me straight answers and be pretty informative. I believe him when he tells me that I am hired other than having a class date. I know gov't folks can blow a lot of bs here and there...I have had plenty of years working with/in the gov't and can usually spot it. All that being said, if your concerned all you can do is just keep calling and asking people. Try to find someone that has had their TOL and turned 31 before receiving their FOL.

I have until January, so it is not a major concern for me.

Try to find someone that has had their TOL and turned 31 before receiving their FOL.

I'm 31 right now with a TOL. I got my TOL a week before my 31st birthday. The people at HR said that as long as you get your TOL before your 31st birthday you should be fine. I've been communicating with HR over the last few months since my birthday with getting my clearances and my status and they haven't given me any reason to worry about my age. You should be fine but if you want to ease your jitters then I would contact HR.

Back