High School Career Day

mjg407

I was asked to speak at our High School Career day about being a pilot and aerial firefighting. It was a rewarding experience, but you do get some strange questions.

Each class asked have I ever crashed?

What do I do for thrills if I can't do aerobatics in my plane? (Think going down a canyon at 150' AGL counts).

Did I ever kill someone when I was in the Navy?

How do you get text messages when you are flying?

Other than that it was a really good experience and highly recommend it to everyone.

I was asked to speak at our High School Career day about being a pilot and aerial firefighting. It was a rewarding experience, but you do get some strange questions.

Each class asked have I ever crashed?

What do I do for thrills if I can't do aerobatics in my plane? (Think going down a canyon at 150' AGL counts).

Did I ever kill someone when I was in the Navy?

How do you get text messages when you are flying?

Other than that it was a really good experience and highly recommend it to everyone.
:banghead::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

These were high school students? Seems more like grade school to me. How did you answer the text-message question?

These were high school students? Seems more like grade school to me. How did you answer the text-message question?

No, you would be amazed at how stupid high school kids are. I taught high school for a year several years back.

No offense to the high schoolers on here, of course.

No, you would be amazed at how stupid high school kids are. I taught high school for a year several years back.

No offense to the high schoolers on here, of course.

People, in general, are much stupider than they would like to give themselves credit for.

I'm no different.

I had to go to one of these several months ago. Trust me when I say I feel your pain on the stupid questions.

Did any of the little "darlings" slip up and ask a pertinent question about aviation as a career ?

And by the way...TV is the root of all that's wrong and evil in the world.

P.S. DID you get to kill anyone while in the Navy ? Any pictures ? :laff::laff:

I cant believe people my age asked you these questions. I mean I get asked that kinda stuff all the time, how do you text? where do you go? how do you stay entertained?

I mean I understand asking somebody their own age, but a guy coming in for career day? Really. My age group, fail.

Back