High School Career Day

I cant believe people my age asked you these questions. I mean I get asked that kinda stuff all the time, how do you text? where do you go? how do you stay entertained?

I mean I understand asking somebody their own age, but a guy coming in for career day? Really. My age group, fail.

Have you ever crashed?
How can you fly airplanes, isn't that illegal?
That license is a FAKE, you can see you glued two pieces of plastic together!
Can you fly 747's?

Have you ever crashed?
Can you fly 747's?
But yet, it is not only kids that ask those questions. "Can you fly our class somewhere?"- My Spanish Teacher:banghead::banghead::banghead:
"Can you fly me to Florida?" -Some Random Kid:crazy:

Have you ever crashed?
Can you fly 747's?

I've actually gotten all of those, except my "your license is fake" statement came from people thinking my medical was just a piece of paper I typed up. Yeah, with the FAA stamp on it, that makes sense.

But yet, it is not only kids that ask those questions. "Can you fly our class somewhere?"- My Spanish Teacher:banghead::banghead::banghead:

I got asked that same question by my comm apps teacher.

...you're one to talk. Do you want me to remind you of the FBG???

That was totally highschool teen spirit at it's finest, on JC!

:p :buck:

you were as much of a participant as we were, and that was more sheer boredom than "teen spirit" :D

I had to do one for an elementary and middle private school and I was actually surprised by the questions I got asked.

Whats the most rewarding part of your job?
What do you like least about your job?
How much does training cost?
Whats the difference between obtaining a degree and not obtaining a degree?

Very intelligent questions from ages 4-14

I've actually gotten all of those, except my "your license is fake" statement came from people thinking my medical was just a piece of paper I typed up. Yeah, with the FAA stamp on it, that makes sense.
FAA stamp?

I had to do one for an elementary and middle private school and I was actually surprised by the questions I got asked.

Can i please move to where you live?

Dude four year olds are smart! People don't give them a lot of credit, and given they're incredibly immature, but they're smart!

It's almost like schooling makes them dumber....

I wouldn't say that. Folks are actually being incredibly mellow dramatic about the kids questions. Teenagers, if you can remember being one, aren't really concerned about the typical concerns that pilots are.

Now you could have been a really mature teenager, but you were probably a lot less mature than you thought. I know I was.

I wouldn't say that. Folks are actually being incredibly mellow dramatic about the kids questions. Teenagers, if you can remember being one, aren't really concerned about the typical concerns that pilots are.

Now you could have been a really mature teenager, but you were probably a lot less mature than you thought. I know I was.
and we all know i am!

No, I was a wonderfully mature teenager who was very thoughtful and intelligent. I did a lot of studying about this career in high school and knew exactly what I was getting into.

:sarcasm:

Did they ask any good questions?
There were two kids who had the PPL and asked how to move on. There were also a lot of questions about places I've been, how do you become a pilot. I was honestly surprised that there were more girls than guys.

Back