Goodbye Virgin America

The Michelin Man is named Bibendum.

Flew VX for the first time yesterday, DCA to DAL. All in all, quite pleasant. Enjoyed the flight.

I did think the safety-lecture-as-music-video was a little kitschy, but I did pay attention to it. That's worth something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

They keeping the airbus?

Final fleet decision comes later this year. They'll either stay Boeing only or mixed fleet long term. Regardless even if they go Boeing only, they will still have Airbuses for years to come. Since they are leased the plan is (if they are to be let go) to return them to lessors from 2019-2025. Since it's such a long time frame they are taking the added expense of completely renovating the Bus interiors with new first class seats and main cabin changes/upgrades because it'll pay off itself over the long run.

I'm told he is just referred to as 'The Eskimo.' Can't give you any source for that, so it could be another Urban Myth.

The Michelin Tire man is called 'Bib.' Which probably means something to a 3 year old in France, but not to me.
He? I thought it was a her? Aka the #1 FA?

I think 4 AS flight attendants just got their 50 yr pin. 1967 to 2017. Say all the old jokes you want, but I gotta say that's pretty impressive. I can't even imagine what Alaska was in 1967 compared to today in 2017.

in debt? quite swimmingly apparently.

f40a4e260dd976f88952a7bc42ef552f.jpg

Cptchia and Ian all like

That stuff is cool until about the 4th time in two weeks. Then brevity becomes very popular with me.

You're right. The return flight it wasn't nearly as fun.

Of course, neither was clumping up in the back with 9 other pax, all of whom seemed to have duplicate seat assignments...it was an amusing CF...

I mean Delta just seems to take Delta a little too seriously. KDA (at least on this site) started with someone posting a pic of a newhire class at AA looking at a slide that had "KDA" on it. That's what I recall. And when you get down to it, boils down to some instructor just taking a jab and trying to get some laughs from newbies. I have yet to see an advertising campaign by AA, SW, or UA that directly attacks DL. Those four control 84% of the entire US market. Ain't no one really gonna kick any of the other 4's a$s. The 4 will co-exist and do so just fine.

Back