Glider time?

Acadia

Any thoughts on how glider time fits into the big picture in terms of total time? I am instructing and doing scenic flights to build experience and time now, but I have an opportunity to start towing and flying gliders commercially. I know it will be great fun and make me a better pilot, but I'm pondering the cost of getting my commercial glider vs. the value of glider time in my logbook. In terms of the airlines or a 135 job does anyone know how glider time is viewed? I will still be instructing and building airplane time as well, but I would love to expand my horizons if it's economically viable and a reasonable benefit to my resume. (I would love to do it, but I need to justify the cost of the training since I am a starving flight instructor!)

[ QUOTE ]
Any thoughts on how glider time fits into the big picture in terms of total time? I am instructing and doing scenic flights to build experience and time now, but I have an opportunity to start towing and flying gliders commercially. I know it will be great fun and make me a better pilot, but I'm pondering the cost of getting my commercial glider vs. the value of glider time in my logbook. In terms of the airlines or a 135 job does anyone know how glider time is viewed? I will still be instructing and building airplane time as well, but I would love to expand my horizons if it's economically viable and a reasonable benefit to my resume. (I would love to do it, but I need to justify the cost of the training since I am a starving flight instructor!)

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's them know you can handle the forced-landing well!
smile.gif

Kidding aside, I think it serves for total time only; though I believe the airlines would much prefer Airplane-category time. Sort of the same boat as those with Rotary Wing-Category time, so far as most airlines (whose mins/quals I've looked at) are concerned.

Back