Just approved to work in the US. Now What?

MaRiO FDZ

JJ Abrams you Insensitive Bastard.
Hello people.

So, after 10 years living - and flying - abroad, my wife and I decided to move back to the US. I was born in northern Mexico, she's a US Citizen. However, I didn't apply for US residency back when newly wed because I was fresh out of flight school with my commercial ticket, and I needed time building. Applying for the US residence then would have prevented me flying into the US for a period of time, which is an absolute must where we were. My last employer let me go in September 2021, and I started contract flying. That's when the move happened.

Anyway, I just got the Employment Authorization. I have an Aviation Resume ready, but that's it. I have no Idea how to proceed. Hence,I ask for your guidance on the Job hunting part. Suggestions, tips, openings, etc. I'm based out of Central TX (SAT, AUS), and would rather NOT relocate. I lean towards a Part 135 or 91. I don't mind a lower pay as long as I have a stable schedule. Airlines have never lured me, but If I get the schedule stability I need I'd give them a try. If there's a Hawker 800 option I'd prefer that as well, I'm long overdue for the PIC Checkride, but I understand they'll become scarcer and scarcer.

I've got
  • ATP 3200 TT
  • 1100 Turbine
  • 2400 Multi
  • 810 Hawker 800 SIC (246 Endorsed as PIC by chief pilot). Was in line for PIC Checkride, but COVID, Employer issues, Timing etc. Prevented it.
  • 180 King Air F90 / 200
  • 1120 Cessna 414A
  • 80 Cessna 421C
  • 45 Beechjet 400A SIC.
Thanks y'all for the pointers and your help.

Thanks. I've actually been hinted this already by a fellow hobby club member. How feasable would it be to sign up at Delta and not relocate from Central TX???

A lot of people commute from non base cities.

Hello people.

So, after 10 years living - and flying - abroad, my wife and I decided to move back to the US. I was born in northern Mexico, she's a US Citizen. However, I didn't apply for US residency back when newly wed because I was fresh out of flight school with my commercial ticket, and I needed time building. Applying for the US residence then would have prevented me flying into the US for a period of time, which is an absolute must where we were. My last employer let me go in September 2021, and I started contract flying. That's when the move happened.

Anyway, I just got the Employment Authorization. I have an Aviation Resume ready, but that's it. I have no Idea how to proceed. Hence,I ask for your guidance on the Job hunting part. Suggestions, tips, openings, etc. I'm based out of Central TX (SAT, AUS), and would rather NOT relocate. I lean towards a Part 135 or 91. I don't mind a lower pay as long as I have a stable schedule. Airlines have never lured me, but If I get the schedule stability I need I'd give them a try. If there's a Hawker 800 option I'd prefer that as well, I'm long overdue for the PIC Checkride, but I understand they'll become scarcer and scarcer.

I've got
  • ATP 3200 TT
  • 1100 Turbine
  • 2400 Multi
  • 810 Hawker 800 SIC (246 Endorsed as PIC by chief pilot). Was in line for PIC Checkride, but COVID, Employer issues, Timing etc. Prevented it.
  • 180 King Air F90 / 200
  • 1120 Cessna 414A
  • 80 Cessna 421C
  • 45 Beechjet 400A SIC.
Thanks y'all for the pointers and your help.
I’ve never cashed a 121 paycheck. Your numbers look juicy and you should chase 121 with reckless abandon.

91/135 can be a trap.

Back