Furlough Estimates

iNfeRioRitY c0mPl3x
I have plenty of time off and a nice buffer in my wallet to fuel my complex.

I admit, I wouldn’t make it very far at Delta. I don’t address myself as “Captain Nark”, I also don’t give the pax my resume, like all the uncle Rico’s who never flew in combat during their military career, but yet feel they need to tell the pax they’re still awesome flying them to Moline. And I lastly, I’m not sworn officer of the guard police.

Last edited:

I admit, I wouldn’t make it very far at Delta. I don’t address myself as “Captain Nark”, I also don’t give the pax my resume, like all the uncle Rico’s who never flew in combat during their military career, but yet feel they need to tell the pax they’re still awesome flying them to Moline. And I lastly, I’m not sworn officer of the guard police.
The swear in at the guard police ceremony was one of the better moments in my life. I am the thin blue line that keeps chaos from order on 121.5. I am the night. I. AM. Jerkoff-man!

giphy.gif

I’m Vegas but pick up trips out of Denver...(well used to pre ‘rona)
I just know how senior Denver is, so I have some questions. But I can worry about that on the off chance I’m able to get an interview. I’m not a LCA at my regional since Covid cancelled my checkride so I imagine it’ll be very difficult to stand out.

I just know how senior Denver is, so I have some questions. But I can worry about that on the off chance I’m able to get an interview. I’m not a LCA at my regional since Covid cancelled my checkride so I imagine it’ll be very difficult to stand out.
It's such a moving target right now, but before 'rona, most could hold Denver in training or a few months out. BUT now they are displacing FO's from Denver currently so I would not plan on being there as a new hire, I would expect PHL, MIA or LAS. You can base trade but that's a crap shot.

If PHX opens up as the rumors say, then it's anyone's guess!....it will throw such a kink in the status quo of base seniority that it's hard to say where bases will stand.

For all intents and purposes....yes it's about 17 years to hold a line and 7-8 years as the plug as a CA in Denver, (some F9 pilots correct me if this is outdated), likewise the most junior CA award in PHL before 'rona was sub 3 years and when upgrades/hiring resume it will hover around 3.5 years.

Bad career move? With Covid, "it depends."

I know a couple guys who were CAs at NK and VX/AS and now will be indefinite FOs at the big 3. Every year that passes without them being a CA will represent an increasing disparity in earnings from the time they left their CA gig. 2 were in their 30s, 1 was upper 40s (almost 50). The older guy I don't think will reach break even. The younger guys will be fine in the ultimate long run, but the next 5-6 yrs (until they make CA) are a huge hit.
Certainly, age depending. But many of my regional friends are ages 25-35. Hell most my FO'S were too. Refusing anyone but the big 4. Your situation is different because you're at a major carrier so moving from yours to a legacy takes some long thoughts m, for sure. I guess time will tell with covid if people have re-evaluated their application standards (from regionals)....

As a 26 year old regional captain.. my goals have certainly been tempered. If I’m lucky enough to leave for a ULCC, I will do it.
you're already ahead of the game collecting 121 TPIC at 26....I got to the regionals at 25 and upgraded at 29, at F9 at 34 Keep on truckin and you'll be where you want eventually. (btw... in 2018 the average age of our F9 indoc class was 43)

you're already ahead of the game collecting 121 TPIC at 26....I got to the regionals at 25 and upgraded at 29, at F9 at 34 Keep on truckin and you'll be where you want eventually. (btw... in 2018 the average age of our F9 indoc class was 43)
I’m certainly thankful to have spent the past three years in the left seat, and to still be employed. But after watching all of this go down, I don’t feel all that secure at a regional.

Yeah, no. Having flown for both, I can tell you I've enjoyed both equally. The 10% are going to do what the 10% do, but you get past that and it's all the same. In fact the regional, the ULCC and the legacy have all been the same in terms of the quality of guys and gals I've flown with and the overall enjoyment level I have had when I'm at work.

Yeah, no. Having flown for both, I can tell you I've enjoyed both equally. The 10% are going to do what the 10% do, but you get past that and it's all the same. In fact the regional, the ULCC and the legacy have all been the same in terms of the quality of guys and gals I've flown with and the overall enjoyment level I have had when I'm at work.
Ive yet to work for a place where the people are bad... The culture might be complete dog• *stares at pinnacle* and the 10% somehow found their way into a training department *stares at pinnacle* making that training department worthless and worthy of pyromancy... But people are mostly just people everywhere.

So you're saying that at the end of the day, the paint on the plane doesn't matter all that much? Things like job security and steady paycheck is a little more important?

I do have to say though, 10% of the pilot group at a certain ATL headquartered airline, is a much larger 10% than a South Florida one. Just saying... ;) (I don't know how to insert a kissing emoji, but lots of love from this side of the fence)

Back