Furlough Estimates

My interview at F9 in 2014 was the weirdest interview I’ve ever had. Everything was pretty straightforward, and I made it through all the lunch time cuts. But then the very last part of the interview was a face to face with the CP (your old one, JP) and a couple of other CAs. Apparently they didn’t think I’d stay, so they gave me the TBNT letter a few days later.

They spent the entire time grilling me on why I had apps out to other carries (they asked if I did, and not being a liar or a dumbass I admitted that I did). Between that and these posts here, it’s like everyone at F9 has major paranoia and an inferiority complex about other airlines. I don’t get it. If you guys like it, great! Stay and be happy. If someone wants to go somewhere else, who cares?

My interview at F9 in 2014 was the weirdest interview I’ve ever had. Everything was pretty straightforward, and I made it through all the lunch time cuts. But then the very last part of the interview was a face to face with the CP (your old one, JP) and a couple of other CAs. Apparently they didn’t think I’d stay, so they gave me the TBNT letter a few days later.

They spent the entire time grilling me on why I had apps out to other carries (they asked if I did, and not being a liar or a dumbass I admitted that I did). Between that and these posts here, it’s like everyone at F9 has major paranoia and an inferiority complex about other airlines. I don’t get it. If you guys like it, great! Stay and be happy. If someone wants to go somewhere else, who cares?
Sorry man. That sucks. Seems like in the end you ended up in a very good place. My interview in 2019 was the most comfortable I have ever felt in an interview. It’s was amazing.

Sorry man. That sucks. Seems like in the end you ended up in a very good place. My interview in 2019 was the most comfortable I have ever felt in an interview. It’s was amazing.

The weird thing is that to this day, it was the best interview performance I’ve ever had. I absolutely nailed it, and as a Colorado native that was flying F9 all my life I REALLY wanted to work there. I was absolutely devastated to be turned down simply because they thought I’d leave for Delta (that’s the one they kept asking me about specifically).

Yes, in the end everything worked out well for me. But still, I just don’t understand the point of that kind of interview process. It forces candidates to lie and not be genuine. Hopefully it has changed.

The weird thing is that to this day, it was the best interview performance I’ve ever had. I absolutely nailed it, and as a Colorado native that was flying F9 all my life I REALLY wanted to work there. I was absolutely devastated to be turned down simply because they thought I’d leave for Delta (that’s the one they kept asking me about specifically).

Yes, in the end everything worked out well for me. But still, I just don’t understand the point of that kind of interview process. It forces candidates to lie and not be genuine. Hopefully it has changed.
It definitely has changed now that the old CP is gone.

We prefer not to talk about 2013-2016 around these parts. :)

Only reason I got on with a legacy was because I had received a CJO from B6. Tons of my friends refused to put apps out to move on to anyone but a legacy. Then bombarded my messages asking me how it happened, while they sit around and don't upgrade or think they're better than F9 or B6 or anyone really.

Guess what.... My class had 4 regional pilots and 12 from ULCC/LCC/Major/Legacy/Cargo... But right, bad career move. Lol.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink. Can only imagine what the app pool looks like whenever we start to hire again too...

Only reason I got on with a legacy was because I had received a CJO from B6. Tons of my friends refused to put apps out to move on to anyone but a legacy. Then bombarded my messages asking me how it happened, while they sit around and don't upgrade or think they're better than F9 or B6 or anyone really.

Guess what.... My class had 4 regional pilots and 12 from ULCC/LCC/Major/Legacy/Cargo... But right, bad career move. Lol.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink. Can only imagine what the app pool looks like whenever we start to hire again too...

Bad career move? With Covid, "it depends."

I know a couple guys who were CAs at NK and VX/AS and now will be indefinite FOs at the big 3. Every year that passes without them being a CA will represent an increasing disparity in earnings from the time they left their CA gig. 2 were in their 30s, 1 was upper 40s (almost 50). The older guy I don't think will reach break even. The younger guys will be fine in the ultimate long run, but the next 5-6 yrs (until they make CA) are a huge hit.

It’s crazy how this industry can be, places like F9, Atlas, etc could be picky in 2011-16, then candidates fog a mirror in 2017-2019 then 2020/21 you gotta have shuttle landings again.

Lol. Dude, when I had your experience I would’ve (and did) jump on the opportunity to fly absolute dog poop airplanes at a moment’s notice with no QOL. Of course you would be willing to work at absolutely anything, but you don’t have any experience yet either.

Lol. Dude. Bro!

I realize that things don't always come across how you're thinking, or meaning with written text, so I'll explain moar clearly for those in the back of the room. I was writing that from the future perspective of me. The one that one day *hopefully* will be at a regional with the competitive times/experience to be able to go somewhere else, anywhere else. The whole point of that post I was erroneously trying to convey is that, when I have the time and experience, I'm not singular focused in my thinking that I ONLY want to fly for Delta. As a career changer at the age of 43, I'm not even deluding myself into thinking that I'm Delta material, I'm really okay with that. If people at name that regional still have the singular mindset/focus that they don't want to go to a LCC/ULCC or ACMI, because they're still holding out for Delta, United or FedEx to call. Advantage me then, due to less competition and my versatility. Vs. their inflexibility.

With exactly 500 tt. I'm very well aware that 121 is out of my reach at the moment. Its not even my focus at the moment. My focus currently is to start flying again, soon and get my multi. I haven't flown since May, 2020.

Lol. Dude. Bro!

I realize that things don't always come across how you're thinking, or meaning with written text, so I'll explain moar clearly for those in the back of the room. I was writing that from the future perspective of me. The one that one day *hopefully* will be at a regional with the competitive times/experience to be able to go somewhere else, anywhere else. The whole point of that post I was erroneously trying to convey is that, when I have the time and experience, I'm not singular focused in my thinking that I ONLY want to fly for Delta. As a career changer at the age of 43, I'm not even deluding myself into thinking that I'm Delta material, I'm really okay with that. If people at name that regional still have the singular mindset/focus that they don't want to go to a LCC/ULCC or ACMI, because they're still holding out for Delta, United or FedEx to call. Advantage me then, due to less competition and my versatility. Vs. their inflexibility.

With exactly 500 tt. I'm very well aware that 121 is out of my reach at the moment. Its not even my focus at the moment. My focus currently is to start flying again, soon and get my multi. I haven't flown since May, 2020.

Why no flying, flight school shut down from Covid?

That’s true but it was ALL pre contract ...that was the only reason, they don’t even ask anymore AFAIK

post contract there was very little attrition (maybe 6 ca’s) and it was only to go to purple or brown.

Lol. Dude, when I had your experience I would’ve (and did) jump on the opportunity to fly absolute dog poop airplanes at a moment’s notice with no QOL. Of course you would be willing to work at absolutely anything, but you don’t have any experience yet either.
Ahem, the airplanes aren’t dog • here and neither is the CBA, so

Back