Furlough Estimates

No indication this is the direction they're going. Quite the opposite in fact.

Could indeed be “Reserve Forever” for the FOs 2700 and above. I’m going backwards in base seniority as the Airbus guys come over to the Boeing and move into the Seattle base. I’m not upset about it but now is a good time to be nice to your jr FO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don’t need to recall to furlough either, if someone senior to you is furloughed, you don’t need to come back, you just stop getting paid...IIRC.

I’m not sure I understand what you are saying?

Before we furlough, the company would have to forecast a furlough and then the furlough mitigation part of the contract kicks in. And once that avenue is exhausted, furloughs would be in inverse seniority order.

This was posted on the recruitment page today. If anybody has questions about working here, let me know.
FB_IMG_1611098173456.jpg

No indication this is the direction they're going. Quite the opposite in fact.

I honestly have no idea what the Alaska strategy is or even if there is one, From what I can see on the company’s site the load factors remain terrible, we aren’t hitting their daily booking goals with any regularity and the the rest of January is projected to be the same. I don’t see any big recovery this summer happening either, I think we’ll be lucky if we are running consistently 50-60% of normal this summer. I’m junior and I still expect to be furloughed at some point this year.

I honestly have no idea what the Alaska strategy is or even if there is one, From what I can see on the company’s site the load factors remain terrible, we aren’t hitting their daily booking goals with any regularity and the the rest of January is projected to be the same. I don’t see any big recovery this summer happening either, I think we’ll be lucky if we are running consistently 50-60% of normal this summer. I’m junior and I still expect to be furloughed at some point this year.

Yeah they're calling lots of guys back early from leave and wanna go toe toe with DL in SEA apparently? Oh and most of the Airbuses are still parked. Doesn't make any sense, but management isn't known for "planning ahead".

giphy.gif

Yeah they're calling lots of guys back early from leave and wanna go toe toe with DL in SEA apparently? Oh and most of the Airbuses are still parked. Doesn't make any sense, but management isn't known for "planning ahead".

giphy.gif

The Airbuses are all going to be replaced by Boeings. They have it well thought out and planned ahead. As of this moment, there is no plan(s) to furlough at AS.

I was always going to take it, it's just before I wanted to wait and see ~6 months data on this once millions get vaccinated. But now I want it ASAP. Over this winter break, I saw and spoke with my father and older brother. At the time they had shot #1. No side effects. Just took shot #2 last week, and both said they had slight muscle ache and fatigue. They were still able to go to work the next day and see patients. Both of them have highly, highly suggested I take it right away.

So sign me up.
What was your point in waiting if all it took was 2 people to not have side effects? You still don't have your six months of data.

What was your point in waiting if all it took was 2 people to not have side effects? You still don't have your six months of data.

I don't have the data. Last year in the summer when I asked them about the vaccine, they were in the unsure category and that helped shape my opinion on the matter too. Since then they have enough science behind it to trust the vaccine. This winter break when I saw them, they explained why they took it so fast and encouraged I do the same. I trust them and will do it.

I'm in California, probably the worst state for the vaccine rollout. My gut feeling is by the time it gets to me I may not have 6 months data, but probably will have at least 3 months worth. Regardless, if people aren't dropping dead or growing an extra arm within a month or two then chances are extremely high they have outlived any negative effect (otherwise it would have reared its head by then). At least, that's my justification for taking it.

I don't have the data. Last year in the summer when I asked them about the vaccine, they were in the unsure category and that helped shape my opinion on the matter too. Since then they have enough science behind it to trust the vaccine. This winter break when I saw them, they explained why they took it so fast and encouraged I do the same. I trust them and will do it.

I'm in California, probably the worst state for the vaccine rollout. My gut feeling is by the time it gets to me I may not have 6 months data, but probably will have at least 3 months worth. Regardless, if people aren't dropping dead or growing an extra arm within a month or two then chances are extremely high they have outlived any negative effect (otherwise it would have reared its head by then). At least, that's my justification for taking it.
I’ll speak slowly...the trials are designed to scientifically give the same level of confidence that you have now achieved anecdotally. Congratulations!

Back