Frontier pilot arrested

At 16 years old, having been handcuffed and sat on a curb when the Fresno PD rifle through my parents Caprice I had borrowed because I initially marched the description of someone who had robbed a Circle K, but then also “why does this kid have all this computer equipment in the back of his vehicle?”, I’m glad @Cherokee_Cruiser wasn’t around to mete out street justice.

At 16 years old, having been handcuffed and sat on a curb when the Fresno PD rifle through my parents Caprice I had borrowed because I initially marched the description of someone who had robbed a Circle K, but then also “why does this kid have all this computer equipment in the back of his vehicle?”, I’m glad @Cherokee_Cruiser wasn’t around to mete out street justice.

See how’s that’s different than being cuffed and walked off an A350?

Clearly you were guilty in the eyes of our resident judge, jury, and executioner.

I don’t know if it’s because English isn’t your native tongue but this doesn’t make sense.

Throw your thoughts into ChatGPT and use “reword (text) cogent and readable for a moderately educated online community” then paste your results.

I don’t know if it’s because English isn’t your native tongue but this doesn’t make sense.

Throw your thoughts into ChatGPT and use “reword (text) cogent and readable for a moderately educated online community” then paste your results.

It makes sense. Your story in a non-aviation environment as a teenager has absolutely nothing to do with a pilot being arrested before pushback and taken in handcuffs off a Part 121 airliner.

“Of good moral character”

I get that. But my first thought isn’t to jump to that guys defense / innocence.

Whatever happened, one let one’s personal life spill onto the workplace, got arrested off an airplane, and cancelled a flight affecting 200+ people.
Your proclivity for passing sweeping judgment on matters you possess so little information on is truly a marvel, matched only by the frequency and passion at which you do so. A wonder to behold.

Besides, we were probably gonna cancel that flight anyway.

Your proclivity for passing sweeping judgment on matters you possess so little information on is truly a marvel, matched only by the frequency and passion at which you do so. A wonder to behold.

I really don’t see how he passed the SAT with such poor reading and deduction skills.

There is no common sense left in law enforcement. In the past, LEO’s commonly were discreet in their interactions. “Please come with us” might prevent an embarrassing cuffing and frisking in the company of coworkers and customers.

Sometimes it depends on what the particular departmental policy is, which will affect the amount of discretion an individual LEO may be able to undertake, or not. I agree, depending on the assessed threat or flight risk a person may be considered who is being taken into custody, will determine whether it can be a “why don’t we walk together over to this private area and have a chat”, versus immediately cuffing someone up regardless, when taking them into custody. But policy can affect that, unfortunately.

I judge based on visual observations. Being led off a plane in uniform wearing handcuffs = no bueno. Sorry I didn’t wait on facts for a DV arrest.

I judge based on visual observations. Being led off a plane in uniform wearing handcuffs = no bueno. Sorry I didn’t wait on facts for a DV arrest.

Police at various airports have shown a proclivity for dragging people away in handcuffs that did absolutely nothing wrong. Might it be justified? Sure. Might it also be something totally incorrect? Yep.

What you observe could have very little to do with the actual reality behind the situation.

Sorry I didn’t wait on facts for a DV arrest.
I’m sincerely curious, are you not aware that DV complaints are often vengeful strategic acts as part of divorce and child custody battles? Likewise, are you not aware that men are often arrested following assaults by women? Are you aware that DV arrests are often made with zero evidence? Are you aware that DV arrests rarely go to trial for lack of evidence?

At least you are apologetic.

I’m sincerely curious, are you not aware that DV complaints are often vengeful strategic acts as part of divorce and child custody battles? Likewise, are you not aware that men are often arrested following assaults by women? Are you aware that DV arrests are often made with zero evidence? Are you aware that DV arrests rarely go to trial for lack of evidence?

At least you are apologetic.

He’s just naive to the world around him. Kind of like “Ernest Goes to Camp” embedded in a cockpit with the autopilot thankfully on

Not really, just keeping the powder dry.

Like in Arizona. An amber alert is usuallly when there’s a custody dispute or parent late with dropping off the kids for visitation.

Grey Alerts are often grandpa’s cellphone battery dying after he lost it in his vehicle.

He may be guilty of bona fide domestic abuse or simply a vindictive domestic situation.

We had a few years on JC when people wrote me these emails about harboring deadbeat fathers who weren’t paying their child support, or they’re out there sleeping with the entire AFA and how I’m less of a man for not letting them publicly denigrate a user online, or how another is using drugs. One person called another persons chief pilot during a love triangle about a decade ago and tried to get him reprimanded or fired right here.

Hell we even had an esteemed member of JC arrested in a foreign country, in full uniform, because his estranged wife said he was going to cause her harm and once the authorities heard his side of the story, I think they got him lunch and apologized because it was clearly BS. I can only imagine if someone had caught that on camera and blasted it through the internet.

I’m not saying he’s guilty, I’m not saying he’s innocent, but things get really, well, dumb when there’s domestic strife going on.

I just hope justice is served for any possibility.

It should have been kept private until there was more information, but the public loves drama.
And cops’ll never, ever miss the chance to do a perp walk.

See how’s that’s different than being cuffed and walked off an A350?
Once you’re done licking the State’s boots, mine could use a polish.

It makes sense. Your story in a non-aviation environment as a teenager has absolutely nothing to do with a pilot being arrested before pushback and taken in handcuffs off a Part 121 airliner.

“Of good moral character”
Those words probably don’t mean what you think they mean.

The FAA (and NTSB, since they handle appeals from FAA decisions) have a good amount of case law defining what good moral character is. It’s sweeping, but it’s not as sweeping as you think it is, and this might not be “it.” I’m not going to bother to link you to CAB (yes, the case law is that old) and NTSB opinions on the topic since you won’t read them anyway, but it’s conceivable that the ALLEGED offense for which the warrant was issued and under which he was arrested would not run afoul of FAR 61.153. Especially if or when it’s eventually disposed of, and disclosed to the FAA.

And unless and until there’s a conviction (or, more likely, a plea), yes, it is an ALLEGED offense. I hope he’s got good representation to navigate this—not merely his own representation regarding the criminal beef, but from FFTMEC and from the Representation Department at the Association.

Back