Frontier pilot arrested

Not really, just keeping the powder dry.

Like in Arizona. An amber alert is usuallly when there’s a custody dispute or parent late with dropping off the kids for visitation.

Grey Alerts are often grandpa’s cellphone battery dying after he lost it in his vehicle.

He may be guilty of bona fide domestic abuse or simply a vindictive domestic situation.

We had a few years on JC when people wrote me these emails about harboring deadbeat fathers who weren’t paying their child support, or they’re out there sleeping with the entire AFA and how I’m less of a man for not letting them publicly denigrate a user online, or how another is using drugs. One person called another persons chief pilot during a love triangle about a decade ago and tried to get him reprimanded or fired right here.

Hell we even had an esteemed member of JC arrested in a foreign country, in full uniform, because his estranged wife said he was going to cause her harm and once the authorities heard his side of the story, I think they got him lunch and apologized because it was clearly BS. I can only imagine if someone had caught that on camera and blasted it through the internet.

I’m not saying he’s guilty, I’m not saying he’s innocent, but things get really, well, dumb when there’s domestic strife going on.

I just hope justice is served for any possibility.

It should have been kept private until there was more information, but the public loves drama.

Not really, just keeping the powder dry.

Like in Arizona. An amber alert is usuallly when there’s a custody dispute or parent late with dropping off the kids for visitation.

Grey Alerts are often grandpa’s cellphone battery dying after he lost it in his vehicle.

It really depends on each situation. Amber alerts could be a domestic dispute, simple or complex; or could be an actual random kidnapping of a child. Silver alerts are normally cases of a missing, vulnerable elderly adults, often Alzheimer’s or dementia cases. We have found a few in our time in the middle of nowhere out here in AZ where they had driven their vehicles thinking they were going to an old address, another city, or were just mentally unaware of where they had to go and had been following road. From remote highways to stuck on dirt roads to lost in the middle of the Indian reservation, our people have had a few saves of declared silver alerts. So, there is that.

It really depends on each situation. Amber alerts could be a domestic dispute, simple or complex; or could be an actual random kidnapping of a child. Silver alerts are normally cases of a missing, vulnerable elderly adults, often Alzheimer’s or dementia cases. We have found a few in our time in the middle of nowhere out here in AZ where they had driven their vehicles thinking they were going to an old address, another city, or were just mentally unaware of where they had to go and had been following road. From remote highways to stuck on dirt roads to lost in the middle of the Indian reservation, our people have had a few saves of declared silver alerts. So, there is that.

Admittedly I see it skewed through jaded lenses! :)

It should have been kept private until there was more information, but the public loves drama.
Agreedo. It would be nice to know what information caused Houston PD to decide to handcuff the pilot and march him across the ramp in front of three or four gates to their cruiser.

Agreedo. It would be nice to know what information caused Houston PD to decide to handcuff the pilot and march him across the ramp in front of three or four gates to their cruiser.

I don’t know.

There is no common sense left in law enforcement. In the past, LEO’s commonly were discreet in their interactions. “Please come with us” might prevent an embarrassing cuffing and frisking in the company of coworkers and customers.

glad I wasn't the only one having similar thoughts about holding a medical
Yeah, diabetes affects Black and Brown people about as easily as a middle school/high school ectomorph, with a 28 in. waist and 1% body fat can get an eight pack of abs, just from reaching down and picking something up off of the floor.

I'm forty-eight, so this is really new to me. I've always been pretty fit, except during my short stint in SLC. My A1C is down to 5 something, but I still gotta watch what I eat and exercise regularly. If I don't do both, I gain weight and with that my A1C shoots up real quick. But my White ex co-worker was like 260 lbs. and eats like • and he's not diabetic. I don't know if he can see his dick, but he's not diabetic.

My PA at my TRT clinic is like 5'5" maybe 140 lbs. Hispanic and she a swimmer and works out five days a week and has a very lean swimmers build. She's pre-diabetic too. Makes no sense. Life ain't fair.

The amount of apologists here for this F9 guy is amazing. Giving the benefit of doubt for domestic abuse. Wow.
Odd. But you might forget that we have this thing in this country called innocent until proven guilty. You know absolutely nothing about this case, or this man. Nothing other than seeing him being led down the jetway in cuffs. With that little bit of info you've already determined that he's guilty, and called members here, saying don't judge the man, until the actual facts come out, apologist.

On brand.

The amount of apologists here for this F9 guy is amazing. Giving the benefit of doubt for domestic abuse. Wow.
Domestic violence is a horrible crime. It’s also a crime that requires the least amount of evidence for an arrest to be made. This is true for protective orders, as well. A criminal complaint for DV is never scrutinized by law enforcement.

Until a man is sitting in front of a judge, a man’s right to self-defense isn’t even considered.

I would not have an abuser as a friend. That said, I’ve had a few friends that have dated or married crazies and/or drunks and had to deal with the judicial system as a result of their bad relationship choices.

Odd. But you might forget that we have this thing in this country called innocent until proven guilty. You know absolutely nothing about this case, or this man. Nothing other than seeing him being led down the jetway in cuffs. With that little bit of info you've already determined that he's guilty, and called members here, saying don't judge the man, until the actual facts come out, apologist.

On brand.

Apologist. To the tee. For a DV case.

So, only certain races qualify? Or a certain criminal accusation? Who else gets the “nah. We don’t know the facts yet, let’s give him a chance” treatment from the crowd?

Bub, pilat is one of those jobs subject to "good moral character," and short of holding a press conference thier name is still in the stories. Oh wait, Houston PD did do a press release, for an arrest based on a warrant from likely another state.

Wouldn't you like similar benefit of doubt and privacy until conviction/pleading?

Domestic violence is a horrible crime. It’s also a crime that requires the least amount of evidence for an arrest to be made. This is true for protective orders, as well. A criminal complaint for DV is never scrutinized by law enforcement.

Until a man is sitting in front of a judge, a man’s right to self-defense isn’t even considered.

I would not have an abuser as a friend. That said, I’ve had a few friends that have dated or married crazies and/or drunks and had to deal with the judicial system as a result of their bad relationship choices.

I get that. But my first thought isn’t to jump to that guys defense / innocence.

Whatever happened, one let one’s personal life spill onto the workplace, got arrested off an airplane, and cancelled a flight affecting 200+ people.

I called in to the chief pilot of an airline and said:

Me: "My partner threatened me by saying that she would get me fired from my job."

CP: "Well Beef, what are we going to fire you for?"

Me: "So, I don't know but I just wanted you to hear it from me first."

CP: "Beef do you feel like hurting yourself or others?"

Me: "No."

CP: "Do you need time off from work."

Me: "No I'm good just wanted to keep you up to speed just in case."

CP: "Beef I get one of these calls a week"

Me: WTF "Um OK well just wanted you to know."

I get that. But my first thought isn’t to jump to that guys defense / innocence.

Whatever happened, one let one’s personal life spill onto the workplace, got arrested off an airplane, and cancelled a flight affecting 200+ people.

I think we all share similar views on the evil of domestic violence.

The issue is that many of us have seen policing and prosecution go wrong and we are a little skeptical. Skepticism isn’t doubt or denial. Our legal system is based on skepticism.

Since we have no real facts, the innocent until proven guilty position seems reasonable.

You are absolutely terrible at reading comprehension.
captain-america-ill-add-it-to-the-list.gif

Back