Frontier Hiring

the-hunger-games-may-the-odds.gif

I'd also love to know if there's any current dispatchers or some with recent experience - moving back from 6 years in Asia and would love to keep this option on the table.

Can’t go wrong with Frontier, especially if it’s a first dispatch job (not sure if it is for you). DEN is popular/desirable, so the COL reflects that. Frontier recently bumped their pay substantially too. It might seem low, but it’s a huge improvement to where it was before.

If you’re leaning on Frontier because of DEN.. Just remember that they’re still trying to merge with Spirit. Who knows where they’ll run the operation once it’s finalized - that is if the merger is successful. Apart from that, Frontier is not a bad play. Plus if the merger happens, maybe they’ll bump up the pay. Bigger airline, bigger bucks?

I have friends that dispatch at Frontier and they seem to enjoy it, although pay is hard to get by without multiple roommates or family to crash with. I used to live in Colorado and absolutely adored it and miss it. However as mentioned above, F9 may merge with Spirit (voting for F9 with the shareholders is happening today). If they do get voted in and the Feds approve everything the combined airline has a strong chance of at least one of it’s HDQs being MCO. Obviously nothing set in stone and I don’t have a crystal ball, but that’s the consensus between what’s being said at NK and F9… however they’ve surprised us before. Many, many times now. So DEN very well could be the HDQs, or a whole different location altogether. It’s something to think about when applying to either airline. Spirit is still building the new OCC facility in FLL too and is completing its third story now, but could be used for pilot training instead. It’s huge and in a great area. Lots of restaurants and nice residences nearby. Seems like a good HDQs spot. F9 has moved a lot of its flying to go in and out of MCO now too… but then they’re also trying to expand in DEN airport as well. Would be awesome to have two OCCs and have the option for both. Winter home in FLL and summer home in DEN? Lol… I do also love South Florida, very tropical and beautiful with gorgeous beaches, amazing food options and super multicultural, but insanely expensive as well. But yes my friends seem to enjoy the dispatch department there at F9 overall, and Colorado is gorgeous and amazing, with so much to do!! If merged, here’s hoping the pay is bumped up for everyone to reflect being the 5th largest airline.

Last edited:
Interviews are undergoing and I believe it's for a late July early August class.

Vote has been postponed to July 8th, seems like shareholders are leaning more towards JBU

How are the benefits at F9? Decent insurance or vacation? Will they try to charge you for a carry-on when non-revving or is that part of the perks? I've got a phone screening scheduled in a few days and I'm excited to learn more.

Interviews are undergoing and I believe it's for a late July early August class.

Vote has been postponed to July 8th, seems like shareholders are leaning more towards JBU
I apologize I had not seen that the vote was now postponed to July 8th. It’s a good dog fight and bidding war between F9 and B6 now…

Back