FLX taking USC routes??

You're now viewed as an integer on a Brickell Avenue balance sheet instead of an Team Member.

Seems to be the case in the most part of this industry. Really is a shame for the starcheckers. a super good group of guys out there. and gals too :D

I would have loved to stay longer, but opportunity knocked and I answered. I hope it will get better for everyone. really do. I think its really funny how people high up in management/political power etc totally loose touch with the reality of the people who keep them where they are. If all the pilots at USC and FLX bounced, bayside wouldnt have a leg to stand on.

I really thought Airnet was a good place to work when I was there. Really sorry to see what it has become and more importantly, the effect it has had on its pilots. Wishin' you guys the very best.

It still has fantastic people in the trenches. And there are definately a few pilots out there who put A LOT of effort in to make Airnet a good place (and alot of it goes unrecognized). Just probably a bit of upward resistance now makes things more challenging.

Seems to be the case in the most part of this industry. Really is a shame for the starcheckers. a super good group of guys out there. and gals too :D

I would have loved to stay longer, but opportunity knocked and I answered. I hope it will get better for everyone. really do. I think its really funny how people high up in management/political power etc totally loose touch with the reality of the people who keep them where they are. If all the pilots at USC and FLX bounced, bayside wouldnt have a leg to stand on.

There are CFI's close to 135 mins who probably would jump at the chance to fly freight though. The revolving door. Glad you found something closer to your home that you're happy with.

Who is USC? I'm sure I've heard of em but whats the acronym short for?
USC is your new step-brother - "Airnet".

They seemed to be fine after shutting down Gemini. Somehow, I have to think that if all of the pilots hit the streets in protest, Bayside would be juuuuust fine.
:yeahthat:
Bayside owns many companys.
And Jorge would just go and #### up some other company.

Did Airnet's Lear and 'Van runs out of STP go away?

If so, that's a shame. My understanding was the Lear guys were pretty senior.

Last I knew the lears were gone and 1/2 of the caravan run was gone (it went from a 7 day run to a M-F). I haven't been paying a whole lot of attention though, to be quite honest. It's possible they're completely gone.

-mini

Van run is still there and does Mon-Fri since the weekend bank work and Quest work went away which eliminated the need for Sat/Sun operations. There is no longer a lear run in STP.

I didn't mean to quote your post.
Just frustrated at the situation.

And understandably so. I was rereading the thread and I realized that I spend a lot of time "defending" FLX. This is for good reason...they were very good to me and I enjoyed my time there. But upon rereading, I thought it might be appropriate to mention that I really feel for the Airnet guys and my appreciation for FLX doesn't extend to Bayside at all, particularly because one of the great attractions (as I understand it) to Airnet was the "never furloughed, eventual PIC jet experience" thing. Y'all have really had the rug pulled out from under you, and that sucks. If I ever hear anything about decent jobs at my company (or any other...neither of which looks real likely at this point), this will be the first place I mention it. In the meantime I'll be crossing my fingers for all the freight dogs in the furlough pound.

And understandably so. I was rereading the thread and I realized that I spend a lot of time "defending" FLX. This is for good reason...they were very good to me and I enjoyed my time there. But upon rereading, I thought it might be appropriate to mention that I really feel for the Airnet guys and my appreciation for FLX doesn't extend to Bayside at all, particularly because one of the great attractions (as I understand it) to Airnet was the "never furloughed, eventual PIC jet experience" thing. Y'all have really had the rug pulled out from under you, and that sucks. If I ever hear anything about decent jobs at my company (or any other...neither of which looks real likely at this point), this will be the first place I mention it. In the meantime I'll be crossing my fingers for all the freight dogs in the furlough pound.
No worries man. If this industry wasn't in shambles I don't think Airnet would have one pilot on the senority list.

Back