Flight Express is hiring

Oh that's good. I always kinda wondered about that considering that I've heard a lot of the airplanes are /U.

Huh?
Are you trying to be cute or did you actually bump work so you could see out the windows behind you?
There are some that are cut out for this type of work. It's becoming obvious your not...

I don't know you and you don't know me so please don't try to tell me what I'm cut out or not cut out for. That whole I'm a cool pilot because I can fly a 1970s era airplane on minimal equipment in solid IMC to mins feel like a man doesn't give you any bragging rights over any other pilot. I can do it, I passed the checkride and was safe in the 3 weeks I spent on the line, but I've never tried to rub it anyones face. To each his own.

As for the cargo, I'm talking about the copilot/pax side window and the front windshield not the back window. I was packed in as tight as a sardine for the 4 hour marathon and the dispatcher (to be fair there was only one or two bad apples the other dispatchers were great) had nothing positive to add because I couldn't fit in one more case legally. (to the other guy) Call BS on the avionics... I really don't care, I was there, you weren't. I've had a lot experience with old equipment like this, at my previous job flight instructing we most of the 152s had the same avionics, but the nature of the flying obviously was completely different. All I'm saying is that at least some newer more reliable COMMS and NAVs with a DME would have been nice.

I have nothing to gain about posting this, I just think its only fair to share my experiences, when someone posts about a company that was hiring its good to hear it all, good and bad. Just like everything else, I don't hold any personal grudge I'm just telling it as I saw it. Suddenly, everyone wants to be completely offended because I didn't post the hottest review of their company. Nothing I put here was fabricated or a lie, I wish my experience there was better. But it wasn't, plain and simple.

On a positive note, good luck to anyone hired, flying jobs these days are hard to find. Expect to move as well if you work for FLX things are constantly changing there.

FLX was a great time while i was there. just have to keep remembering these are not new aircraft flying people. They are just for moving the box from a to b. Sure there were some mx issues from time to time but over all FLX took MX very serious. If you get in a plane and expect everything to work like it came of the factory line you are kidding yourself. On a side note all the people who work there in ORL in disbatch and opps are great.

Hey, its cool man- I was just tired as hell since I didnt get any sleep that New Years Eve. Good thing I had my portable XM radio to keep me up on that flight. I liked the change in the routine from the normal CRG-PNS-CEW-TLH-CRG run. Since my Baron run was only 6 hours of duty I was more than willing to pick up extra work down in South FL when we were short of pilots.

Sorry man, that was my doing. I left just before that so I could drink on New Years.

That route sucked. I did it for a month and wanted to rip my eyes out just for something to do. I even did it after not sleeping the night before (Highly suggest not doing that ever again).

I put my stuff in at Flight Express last night, and I got an email this morning asking if I could make a Feb 2 class date. Is there no interview at FLX or are they having a hard time getting pilots? Also, is FLX in CASS or have agreements with any airlines? Kinda sucks, I would have to commute to any job I get...

The training is the "interview". If you can pass the training, you're in. No agreements, no CASS, no commuting. If you're not willing and able to move to whatever base your class ranking will allow you to select, don't bother.

Boris, do you know any pilots domiciled in Kansas City? If so, do they fly out of MCI or the downtown airport, and what type of routes do they fly? I am just a beginner, but I am hoping to move back to KC when i am ready to get a job flying.

Thanks

P.S. UpUp89...same question??

future: I don't know anyone domiciled in KC. They fly out of downtown (MKC is the identifier, I think?). Traditionally, KC was hard to fill, and a few months ago they were offering a pay differential to fill those routes. Nowadays, I'm sure nothing is hard to fill. I don't work there anymore, so you may get better answers from the guys that do. Good luck.

PS. As to the routes, I know there was a long duty day 210 run that went up to Iowa somewhere, and there were a couple of runs to CPS that were subcontracted to Safewing when I was there. Also, they've reportedly taken over an Airnet baron run (to DSM?).

PS. As to the routes, I know there was a long duty day 210 run that went up to Iowa somewhere, and there were a couple of runs to CPS that were subcontracted to Safewing when I was there. Also, they've reportedly taken over an Airnet baron run (to DSM?).

I know that there is still a pay differential there. Safewing went out of business a while back and we have all the runs. Yes we took over the baron run but still don't have it staffed as far as I know.

Boris, do you know any pilots domiciled in Kansas City? If so, do they fly out of MCI or the downtown airport, and what type of routes do they fly? I am just a beginner, but I am hoping to move back to KC when i am ready to get a job flying.

Thanks

P.S. UpUp89...same question??

We do have a few routes out of Wheeler Downtown just like Boris said. I know one leaves MKC and comes to St. Louis (KCPS) and sits. Another one goes to Wichita (KICT) as well as the Des Moines and Mason City/Fort Dodge run. The premium pay makes it a pretty attractive base, I believe they give that to Little Rock as well.

How far north do these 210's creep? If they're in MKC etc I'm sure they can handle some ice?

Yes, there are 210's with boots and TKS. For sure they go as far north as Des Moines, IA (DSM). They can handle quite a bit of ice.

We do have a few routes out of Wheeler Downtown just like Boris said. I know one leaves MKC and comes to St. Louis (KCPS) and sits. Another one goes to Wichita (KICT) as well as the Des Moines and Mason City/Fort Dodge run. The premium pay makes it a pretty attractive base, I believe they give that to Little Rock as well.

Do they have a hard time keeping the Little Rock runs staffed?

Do they have a hard time keeping the Little Rock runs staffed?

Apparently they used to. There is only one run down there right now and its staffed currently. It goes from LIT to CPS and back. I do know he is looking for a more corporate job though. Not that there is an abundance of those.

Apparently they used to. There is only one run down there right now and its staffed currently. It goes from LIT to CPS and back. I do know he is looking for a more corporate job though. Not that there is an abundance of those.

Thanks upup89, I am probably wrong here but don't they have one LIT-JBR-CPS. and one direct LIT-CPS? Like I said, I'm probably thinking of something else.

Back