Flight Express is hiring

They've been doing the TPA-BUY-JQF-TPA run for well over a year. I covered the first leg of it in a Baron on New Years Day 2008. That was a fun New Years Eve, couldn't drink- left CRG to reposition to TPA at 230am New Years Day, flew the ILS all the way to mins in TPA because of fog, flew to BUY then back to CRG, then went to Alltel Stadium to watch the Gator Bowl.

They've been doing the TPA-BUY-JQF-TPA run for well over a year. I covered the first leg of it in a Baron on New Years Day 2008. That was a fun New Years Eve, couldn't drink- left CRG to reposition to TPA at 230am New Years Day, flew the ILS all the way to mins in TPA because of fog, flew to BUY then back to CRG, then went to Alltel Stadium to watch the Gator Bowl.

Go Huskers!!!! :D

I took that TPA-BUY run for a month, talk about miserable. I remember I passed the checkride at 6:45pm then they told me what run I would cover. I asked when they wanted me to start and they gave me a dumbass look like I was stupid to think anything other than 7 hours and fifteen minutes from that moment.

Talk about a long trip.

I took that TPA-BUY run for a month, talk about miserable. I remember I passed the checkride at 6:45pm then they told me what run I would cover. I asked when they wanted me to start and they gave me a dumbass look like I was stupid to think anything other than 7 hours and fifteen minutes from that moment.

Talk about a long trip.

Just a guess-cause I wasn't there.

"JAX CTR...snore...FLX840.....zZZZZZzzz...9000. I mean uhh..uuuuuhh." HVYMETALDRIVER chugs a 20oz Montain Dew in 5 seconds. "Ahh, Direct SAV!"

haha it was redbull not mtn. dew, but I'd rather put a gun to my head than do that every day for a year... though don't kid yourself, youre not going direct anywhere with FLX unless your within in the 40NM of the VOR or you have the field in sight! The wouldn't even give me an aircraft with a DME. Some guys do have handheld GPS's they use, but don't get caught unless your VFR of course...:whatever:

Some guys do have handheld GPS's they use, but don't get caught unless your VFR of course...:whatever:
"Center, FLX420"
"FLX420, Center, go ahead"
"FLX420, looks like a heading of (looking at 396) 332 will get me direct to destination, can you give me that?"
"Uh...sure, FLX420 fly heading 332 direct to destination."
"FLX420, heading 332 thanks!"

It's now a radar vector. You're perfectly legal.

-mini

Yup, I used most of my $1000 training completion bonus to buy a Garmin 96C. Made the job a whole lot easier! I knew many that did the same thing.

"Center, FLX420"
"FLX420, Center, go ahead"
"FLX420, looks like a heading of (looking at 396) 332 will get me direct to destination, can you give me that?"
"Uh...sure, FLX420 fly heading 332 direct to destination."
"FLX420, heading 332 thanks!"

It's now a radar vector. You're perfectly legal.

-mini

Unless your guessing b/c you don't pick up the VOR or the needle is bouncing 3/4 scale back and forth (even within the 40NM range). In fact I shot two ILS's in the clouds part way down this way... I can't tell you how many times I'm flying on course with the needles centered and ATC calls up and say FLX840 were showing you 2 miles left of course nearing the restricted area (specifically the ones west of SSI and SAV) to which my response was "sorry correcting," either way screw that let some other sucker put their licenses on the line to carry boxes of ##### and piss....(literally) Speaking of which those jerks never did pay me my expenses they promised from my time in the hotel in TPA... Good Luck!

Unless your guessing b/c you don't pick up the VOR or the needle is bouncing 3/4 scale back and forth (even within the 40NM range). In fact I shot two ILS's in the clouds part way down this way... I can't tell you how many times I'm flying on course with the needles centered and ATC calls up and say FLX840 were showing you 2 miles left of course nearing the restricted area (specifically the ones west of SSI and SAV) to which my response was "sorry correcting," either way screw that let some other sucker put their licenses on the line to carry boxes of ##### and piss....(literally) Speaking of which those jerks never did pay me my expenses they promised from my time in the hotel in TPA... Good Luck!

Why don't you just write it up? I've never put my license on the line anymore then any other pilot while carry boxes of ##### and piss...(literally). Lots of guys who can't cut it in freight blame #### on the companies, meanwhile they don't have the balls to make PIC decisions yet like downing aircraft and bumping work.

They've been doing the TPA-BUY-JQF-TPA run for well over a year. I covered the first leg of it in a Baron on New Years Day 2008. That was a fun New Years Eve, couldn't drink-

Sorry man, that was my doing. I left just before that so I could drink on New Years.

That route sucked. I did it for a month and wanted to rip my eyes out just for something to do. I even did it after not sleeping the night before (Highly suggest not doing that ever again).

yeah its cool, some of the other runs may have been better im sure, i would have stayed with the company if they let me stay in Miami

Why don't you just write it up? I've never put my license on the line anymore then any other pilot while carry boxes of ##### and piss...(literally). Lots of guys who can't cut it in freight blame #### on the companies, meanwhile they don't have the balls to make PIC decisions yet like downing aircraft and bumping work.
I don't want to get into a pissing match but balls has nothing to do with it, of course I wrote it up in detail to which the response is always... could not duplicate. I mean its expected when the avionics is older than I am (25). Don't get me wrong the engines and major mechanical run fine I can't say I had an EF or anything.I ALWAYS BUMPED WORK on that run since the company promised everyone they could fit tons of extra HUGE boxes (besides the labcore work) so which I was always bitched at by dispatch. But hey you gotta see out the windows right?

I don't want to get into a pissing match but balls has nothing to do with it, of course I wrote it up in detail to which the response is always... could not duplicate. I mean its expected when the avionics is older than I am (25). Don't get me wrong the engines and major mechanical run fine I can't say I had an EF or anything.I ALWAYS BUMPED WORK on that run since the company promised everyone they could fit tons of extra HUGE boxes (besides the labcore work) so which I was always bitched at by dispatch. But hey you gotta see out the windows right?
Huh?
Are you trying to be cute or did you actually bump work so you could see out the windows behind you?
There are some that are cut out for this type of work. It's becoming obvious your not...

When I worked at FLX I never had any problems with getting avionics fixed. Needles bounced, radios were replaced. A single light burned out, it was replaced. I'm calling BS on the avionics problems. If you don't effectively communicate problems won't be fixed. Of course, it's up to the PIC to accept the airplane. #### dont' work? I don't take it.
(I once had a run at FLX that was so full that I had to gangsta lean to the left to fit myself in!)

Won't comment on your particular situation because I wasn't there. I was never asked to do anything illegal, I was always paid exactly what I was promised, on time too. When I wrote something up, it was fixed unless they legitimately couldn't duplicate it, in which case I was given another plane and they fiddled with it till it was fixed.

On the other hand, I took the crappy TDYs in stride, I showed up for work, I scheduled my off-time months in advance (this is kind of a problem area, it's hard to get time off), and I generally tried to make sure that when my name was mentioned to Ernst, he said "who?". Make of that what you will.

One thing that I can say for certain is that they were very good to me, far better than simply "adequate".

PS. And yes. I filled the airplane until there was enough room for the controls to move and me to breathe.

Yup, I used most of my $1000 training completion bonus to buy a Garmin 96C. Made the job a whole lot easier! I knew many that did the same thing.

So as long as you use your GPS for "situational awareness" does FLX even care that you have it inside the aircraft? or does what they don't know not hurt them? ;)

So as long as you use your GPS for "situational awareness" does FLX even care that you have it inside the aircraft? or does what they don't know not hurt them? ;)

They don't care in the least. But don't expect to use it on your checkrides.

Back