Flight Express is hiring

What else is there to do when headed westbound in January @ 360? (Not that I would know anything about that)

Did anyone get an offer for the 1/16 class date?

I did and told them I would be able to make it bought a plane ticket and everything. I am waiting to hear from Great Lakes because I would rather fly for them.

If I don't get the Lakes job I will be there. Does anyone know why they start on a Friday? I was also wondering if they only need 5 pilots as listed on climbto350.com why did they tell me they have 15 openings for the 1/16 class date?

Is the failure rate in training really high?

Let me know if you have anymore info than what they told you or what is on the Austin Collins website.

Thanks!

Did anyone get an offer for the 1/16 class date?

I did and told them I would be able to make it bought a plane ticket and everything. I am waiting to hear from Great Lakes because I would rather fly for them.

If I don't get the Lakes job I will be there. Does anyone know why they start on a Friday? I was also wondering if they only need 5 pilots as listed on climbto350.com why did they tell me they have 15 openings for the 1/16 class date?

Let me know if you have anymore info than what they told you or what is on the Austin Collins website.

Thanks!
Welcome to JC. I cannot believe with all the pirate talk on this site no one has picked that screen name yet. Bravo to you, sir!

Thanks!

My class started with 6 and in the end 3 passed. 2 from the sim and one from the final test. Training is what it is. If you study then you should have no problem. If not then you are gonna get what you put into it. My class consisted an XJET FO, Continental FO and a former PSA FO. Not sure what the two other guys did that left on the first day.

Everything on Austin's site is what you need. He reads directly from the Very Easy Guides for the most part.

Good luck with both of your job ventures.

As I recall, my class was 3/6 passing as well. This sounds more intimidating than it should, though, because the people who fail generally just have no business being there. In my class it was two nice guys (and good pilots, I'm sure) from South America who couldn't speak English well enough to keep up with ATC, and one guy who just obviously had no business doing anything but swinging gear, and that under supervision.

If you read the Very Easy Guides, you should be ahead of the game. If you really want to overachieve, you could learn the flows before you show up.

Good luck.

I appreciate everyone commenting that can.

I can't find anything on how long training usually last. I'm guessing its like 2 weeks or so and from what it looks like I wont have time to move to my base afterwards since I am planning on flying to Orlando if I take the date.

Still waiting to hear from Lakes, mostly because It's closer to home and I want the JS privs. But I would be thrilled to work for FLX as well, It's seems like an excellent company to work for.

It was a week of ground followed by a "weekish" of work in the plane, depending on who flew first. That was predicated on who had chosen what base and which route they needed filled most urgently. I doubt that's changed. Incidently, your base choice is predicated on your final ground test score, so study hard if you're particular about where you want to be.

They gave me a weekend to get to base, but I'm pretty sure you could stretch that a bit if your circumstances are dire, particularly if it's a base you're planning to stay in for a while.

Impossible statement. A realistic viewpoint would come from a pilot who is or was actually employed there. Please take "friend of mine" statements with a grain of salt.

See above statement.

Yes you are right. I might be wrong... Just what the "friend" told me. Believe what you want and don't believe what you want. THe hours are why he is not there...

To be fair, while 3am-6pm would be illegal (and FLX is pretty serious about not doing anything illegal), 4am-6pm wouldn't be. There are a number of runs out of CPS that are 12-14 hour days, although I don't remember any that started that early. The ones I did were typically an early morning show with an early evening return, with a loooong sit during the day.

The airplanes aren't pretty, but they aren't "crap", either. Well, most of them anyway.

I, at least, highly recommend it.

So he may have been pushing the times. He did say that he had a couple of long sits where he would nap in the pilot lounge. Maybe they were not counting that as duty time. God knows my airline has done that to me..

So he may have been pushing the times. He did say that he had a couple of long sits where he would nap in the pilot lounge. Maybe they were not counting that as duty time. God knows my airline has done that to me..

*shrug*. When I was there, once you started work the clock was ticking whether you were flying through level 5s or sleeping on a recliner. At 14 hours you were either off duty or, in some rare cases, flying part 91 back to wherever you came from (but this was generally avoided since it would mean you wouldn't be able to show at your normal time the next day...and I don't remember it ever being anything but voluntary...if you wanted a hotel you got one.)

That said, yes, the hours can be brutal, even if you do catch a nap at the FBO. Being away from home for 70 hours a week sucks (for example: When do you go to the bank? I wound up banking at my ~6 hour sit in ASG). If I were doing it today (in my old age ;) ) I'd probably try to get a shorter run and just suffer the lower paycheck.

Spoke to Adam Monday afternoon and was told the January 16 class was full.

Of course, Climbto350 just posted another add for the January 16 class...hmmmm...

Spoke to Adam Monday afternoon and was told the January 16 class was full.

Of course, Climbto350 just posted another add for the January 16 class...hmmmm...

and another on the 14th @ uspilot. did they have a few bust out/drop out of training?

FLX took over a lear route from Tampa to Bulington, NC. I did that flight a few weeks ago. That is a loooong ride in a 210!

Back