First!

jtrain609

Antisocial Monster
WHAM! FIRST!

We're joining our gym again next week and finally got back on the diet train.

What are ya'll up to?

I have been trying to cut back on eating also, primarily eating healthier snacks throughout the day and 1 large meal a day. I'm going to the gym when it's cold to do ellipticals for 1 hr to 1 hr 20 minutes, and when it's warm outside I go for 12+ mile bike rides.

Training for a century ride in April, I don't think there's any way I'll make it the full 100 miles, but we'll see. I regularly do 15 miles, I'm doing 35 miles this weekend, 25 two weeks ago was physically demanding but mentally I was having a great time.

Been eating a lot healthier lately, being at home for the past two weeks helps. Salads for lunch, lots of veggies as sides for dinner, and one cheat ay a week.

Haven't noticed much difference weight wise, but that's not really what I care about. I do feel a lot better overall. Much more mentally sharp, in a better mood, etc.

Just started doing the Insanity workout...it's pretty much kicking my ass and then some. Attempting to eat healthier and not eating airport food if I can help it.

Debating a testosterone supplement to go along with it. Anyone with experience and those?

No no, not for Low-T. The trainer I used a while back suggested it. Hadn't looked into it before, so I thought "why not ask JC"

I liked Insanity, but I've been going to boxing classes for about the past 5 months for the majority of workouts. I have also been riding my bike.

Just started doing the Insanity workout...it's pretty much kicking my ass and then some. Attempting to eat healthier and not eating airport food if I can help it.

Debating a testosterone supplement to go along with it. Anyone with experience and those?

Try Napalm.

Training for a century ride in April, I don't think there's any way I'll make it the full 100 miles, but we'll see. I regularly do 15 miles, I'm doing 35 miles this weekend, 25 two weeks ago was physically demanding but mentally I was having a great time.

Do you take any protein supplements to help you recover faster after your bike rides? I like taking Whey protein. GNC has a lot of that stuff.

I'm not sold on T-Supps but I like the way I feel the days following tough workouts if I consume whey protein within an hour of the rough one. That's just me, though. I read this fascinating blog post about Kenyan runners and their diets. Serious distance runners, while skinny, require a large amount of protein in addition to the truckloads of carbs, if they wanna be fast. They talk a little about their protein consumption. Pretty interesting:

http://blog.healthkismet.com/dissecting-the-diet-and-lifestyle-of-kenyan-r

I would be a bit careful when you start messing with your free test levels. Depending on how much of an alteration your doing, and depending on the individual, you might be putting your body at some risk. Is D-Test an Anti-Aromatase? If it is, taper yourself off. Don't stop cold turkey. It could spike your estro levels. If it isn't you might run the risk of gynecomastia and have to buy a bra. I used to run supplements for a bit. I don't touch the stuff anymore. Just clean diet, some protein, and tons of water will do you well! However, If you really want some incredible gains with minimal side effects, Prime by USP labs was pretty darn good. But in all honesty, your probably better off in the long run not touching the stuff.

Do you take any protein supplements to help you recover faster after your bike rides? I like taking Whey protein. GNC has a lot of that stuff.

I haven't, basically I ate a granola bar about halfway in and after the ride I ate a sandwich. But that was just because it was lunch time. ;)

I don't know a whole lot about supplements or stuff like that, just trying to be healthier.

edit:
And it's always worked better for me when I set what seems to be an unattainable goal. Like a 330 pound man (yeah, I said it) riding a century ride four months from now.

FIRED UP :p

One scoop of "On" vanilla ice cream flavor 100% whey protein, a Starbucks via pack and 400ml of cold fresh water is pure rehab for me.

One scoop of "On" vanilla ice cream flavor 100% whey protein, a Starbucks via pack and 400ml of cold fresh water is pure rehab for me.
That "ON" protein seems to be the best protein for the price. Flavor isn't too bad either. Have you always taken caffeine after your workouts? I keep hearing about people who use it to prevent soreness. I've always used it as a pre-workout boost, but never after.

Back