FEDEX Flt 80 MD-11 Crash

Re: FEDEX MD-11 Crash

Damn.......:(.

I just don't know what to say anymore. I sat there looking at the video in disbelief.....shaking my head. My condolenses and prayers to the crew, their immediate families and the entire FedEx community.

atp

Wow...R.I.P. I'm up early and watching CNN who's reporting on this and another deadly airplane crash. It makes me wanna keep my pilot home today...

Sorry for your loss.

It really sucks in aviation, you can go from a normal day to sheer terror and worse in seconds. My thoughts are for family and friends.

:( FedEx web site reporting pilot & co-pilot were killed. This really blows - I know a FedEx MD driver.

I just saw this reply on a youtube video of the crash:

That seems to make sense, I have flown the PMDG (precisionmanuals.com) MD-11 for a few hours, and am even more impressed with this product now, it acts the same way that the pilot above mentioned.

RIP

:( FedEx web site reporting pilot & co-pilot were killed. This really blows - I know a FedEx MD driver.

CNN reports now FedEx has confirmed that a total of 4 flight crewmembers were killed. The names of the additional flight crewmembers has not be released. I'm guessing that either they were js'ing or relief crew.

atp

CNN reports now FedEx has confirmed that a total of 4 flight crewmembers were killed. The names of the additional flight crewmembers has not be released.

atp

That's tragic news.....kind of assumed there were no jumpseaters since none were mentioned.

That's one of the more surprising things with cargo aircraft vis-a-vis Crash/Fire/Rescue ops. The general way of thinking is that these aircraft only have 2 or 3 crewmembers; no worry about having to effect rescue for pax in the sense of a common pax airliner. In the MD-10 landing accident at MEM in '03, CFR there was surprised that there were 7 onboard during the incident.

In any event Narita's CFR/ARFF crews did a first class job, by all initial accounts, in their response to this accident.

That seems to make sense, I have flown the PMDG (precisionmanuals.com) MD-11 for a few hours, and am even more impressed with this product now, it acts the same way that the pilot above mentioned.

RIP
Sorry man, but I don't think Flightsim will ever replicate real world handling. Not even the full motion sims are perfect.

That's tragic news.....kind of assumed there were no jumpseaters since none were mentioned.

That's one of the more surprising things with cargo aircraft vis-a-vis Crash/Fire/Rescue ops. The general way of thinking is that these aircraft only have 2 or 3 crewmembers; no worry about having to effect rescue for pax in the sense of a common pax airliner. In the MD-10 landing accident at MEM in '03, CFR there was surprised that there were 7 onboard during the incident.

In any event Narita's CFR/ARFF crews did a first class job, by all initial accounts, in their response to this accident.

Just watched that video and sat there with my mouth gaped wide open as I saw crewmember after crewmember, along with all the gear, coming out of the cockpit window.

atp

Just watched that video and sat there with my mouth gaped wide open as I saw crewmember after crewmember, along with all the gear, coming out of the cockpit window.

atp

Yeah...that was the part. The crew after crew coming down the escape rope, while untold more were still inside tossing bags of flight gear, luggage, and holiday gifts out the L-1 door. If I'm not mistaken, that video created an internal memo basically stating to "get out and not get personal items" in the event of an accident.

Not knowing how many are onboard, or even having a reasonable assumption, just makes our job difficult.

Back