FBI: Man Slapped Crying Toddler On Delta Flight

Chances are, if I had flown as a baby, I probably would have cried on the descent too because of my ears.

And chances are that I would have gone all Chris Brown/Jackson Browne/Ike Turner on your ass to shut you up! You're white so I would have missed the chance to hurl an epithet at you, but definitely would have smacked you around a little.

What is the name of the Malaysian (I think) airline that has child-free flights? I think this is an excellent idea. Maybe pay a little extra to be on a flight where you're guaranteed not to deal with screaming brats.

This would be even better on red eye flights.

Do any airlines offer a "Self-important • with a bluetooth thing in his ear talking WAY to loud so he can sound self-important and then wants to drink to excess and talk to loudly on a flight, therefore irritating WacoFan and making him think of murder"-free flights? Those idiots are waaaay more irritating to me then screaming children.

The second the whole bluetooth in the ear thing hit I proposed the idea of a bluetooth seeking bullet to eliminate the problem but it didn't catch on! Sort of like that movie runaway where gene simmons had the bullets that would follow people.

The second the whole bluetooth in the ear thing hit I proposed the idea of a bluetooth seeking bullet to eliminate the problem but it didn't catch on! Sort of like that movie runaway where gene simmons had the bullets that would follow people.

"Hey yo, when are they boarding medallion flyers? Got a call. Yeah Frank I'm just trying to reach out, touch base, those new numbers ahhhhhhh ahhhhhhh they're looking well north of the earlier ahhhhhhh estimates ahhhhhh..."

Here's the funny thing about these bluetooth dweebs that are talking business too loudly just to impress people or pick up women because they're important:

Universal Truth of the Day:
If you are talking about "business" too loudly on a bluetooth in a public place, then you do not have a truly important job and are not very high up in your company most likely.

The reason for this? Well, there is really not too much I deal with in a day that can be disseminated for public knowledge. Most of what I deal with is private or semi-private and concerns things that I would hate to have "in public". This includes potentials acquisitions, strategy, which motor-oil needs to be changed, etc. Also, the important professions - Doctor, Attorney, Accountant - they aren't going to be doing this most likely because most everything they do involves privacy. So, if you see someone doing that whole bluetooth thing in public - they are most likely something below dilbert or the guy in that movie who they kept moving around the office and he had his stapler and eventually burned the building down.

It seems to me that while there are misbehaving children, bad parents, and extenuating circumstances, that people should ultimately be held responsible for their own actions. Striking another person because you lost your temper is something I would expect from a child, not a full grown man. Really quite unfortunate that we have adults in our society that have the maturity of a 3 year old throwing a fit.

This thread scares me. Reminders me of all the wooden spoons and belts that broke over my a** as a kid. I guess I am all messed Up ha..Yes if it was my baby I would be in jail. Sixty year old man wouldn't know what hit him

Why do parents think that movie theaters, fine restaurants, or airliners are appropriate places for screaming 2year olds?

I think a 2 year old crying because his ears hurt in an airplane is a different situation than someone taking a tired, cranky 2 year old to Morton's for dinner or to a showing of "Skyfall" at the theater.

Sigh. He wasn't screaming or acting up for entire trip (they were landing) and sometimes in certain circumstances, you just wind up having to travel with a small child for a variety of reasons and you can't always drive long distances or have a relative to leave the child with or whatever. We never ever took our kids to an indoor movie theater or an expensive restaurant until they were old enough to enjoy/appreciate the experience and knew how to behave/act in those venues. I think most parents try to do this, but I understand that those parents who don't, are an issue and it can disrupt others. When that happens, yes it's a real PITA and adults should know better and do a better job of being a parent and have some common sense. Clearly however, the reaction of the man (if you can call him that) was uncalled for, way over the top, abusive and illegal.

In the good old days, they had a plethora of drive in theaters and we often took them there, just as I and my brother and sister had gone with my parents when we were kids. They had snacks, drinks, toys, their blankies and pillows, they were in their jammies and they had a ball. Luckily, we still have a few in So. Ca. and the grandkids love them. Plan on taking them to the Tiki drive in when the Croods come out next month. They would rather go to a drive end than an indoor theater, in truth anyways. We also have a number of drive in restaurants with car hops and music playing, full menus of decent food and some even have a little playground area for the kids and they like those just as well as going inside a place to eat.

We always did and still do a lot of picnics too at parks and beaches just because it's more fun for kids and more enjoyable for parents and those nearby. Still, we expect manners and good behavior in any setting. It's just easier when they are young to take them places where they can burn up some energy, be kids, relax, have fun and not tick anyone off in the process. lol

I see he lives in my neck of the woods, hope I dont run into him... I might just have to slap him upside the head to shut him up a little bit.
I'm sure you're an exception rframe, but northern idahoans are crazy (you're a pilot. How crazy could you be?). We down south are much more civilized and would never strike a child. :)

Why do parents think that movie theaters, fine restaurants, or airliners are appropriate places for screaming 2year olds?
So families with small children should not be allowed to travel?

Would you care to explain this statement?

Back