Failed MMPI at PEPC?

OMFG i took the second tier evaluation today. i took the 567 questions, another with 240 questions, and another with 200-something. I felt like killing someone.

Later on in the evaluation she even asked me to explain some of my answers on the test! It was a very long drawn out process and i'm exhausted. I don't know how long until they let me know what my status is, but i'm tired. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

OMFG i took the second tier evaluation today. i took the 567 questions, another with 240 questions, and another with 200-something. I felt like killing someone.

Later on in the evaluation she even asked me to explain some of my answers on the test! It was a very long drawn out process and i'm exhausted. I don't know how long until they let me know what my status is, but i'm tired. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Now.....I'm not a head doctor.... but being homicidal isn't a good thing.

does the faa pay for the re-evaluation or is that at our expense once again?

The FAA pays for the re-tests, part of the methodology of applying the test to ATC was that the projected 4.9% failure rate would not result in really high costs to the FAA to re-screen those people. With the rates of people failing which we seen on this forum, you can bet the FAA is just as pissed as the applicants who failed because its going to turn into a much higher cost than they anticipated.

Just wondering if anybody that failed the mmpi-2 from the kansas city pepc has been medically cleared yet. I don't see what the delay is about. any insight?

I got an email from CP today stating that I cleared MMPI.. Now just the audiogram and I'll be good! Woot!

Did you contact them and ask or did they arbitrarily let you know? I am curious as I have heard nothing one way or the other.

Did you contact them and ask or did they arbitrarily let you know? I am curious as I have heard nothing one way or the other.

I emailed CP yesterday and asked her. I was mainly getting in touch to let her know that I will be sending documents off shortly for them to review and asked about my MMPI/Drug Screen.

I knew I passed the drug screen (I've never touched anything illegal) so that was the least of my concerns.

Just wondering if anybody that failed the mmpi-2 from the kansas city pepc has been medically cleared yet. I don't see what the delay is about. any insight?

I went to the KC pepc and failed the mmpi. I was told that this would slow me down anywhere from 12-16 weeks, but it only took 1 month from the re-eval to the clearance then a few days later i got a class date in March and a few days after that I got my fol. So if u failed the mmpi dont get too bummed out it will prolly only set u back 1 month

OKC, HERE I COME!!!

So when did you retake the mmpi-2, and when did they let you know that you were cleared? Did you call them at all, or did they call you?

Just to keep people up to date on my retesting process: I got the call from the medical office stating that I failed the MMPI-2 on 2/10. The lady there told me she was waiting to hear back from a psychologist in my area on whether or not he could administer the retest. On 2/18 (yes, a week and a day later) she called back and said the psychologist she spoke to said he couldn't do it - and she was waiting to hear back from the nurses in the office about names of other Dr.'s in the area who could help. I decided then that I would call and ask if I could find a psychologist since I knew it would take entirely too long for them to do it. She said that was fine and to either have the Dr I find to call her, or she would call them. So, if anyone is in the process of waiting for a retest and the process seems to be taking a long time, you should try to find a psychologist yourself. The only thing she said I needed to ask the Dr was if they could do a psychological assessment - and I am sure she would give more specifics once they talked. Hopefully I have sped up the process just a little by finding a Dr myself.

So when did you retake the mmpi-2, and when did they let you know that you were cleared? Did you call them at all, or did they call you?

I did the retake 12/29 and i was cleared 1/27 so it took a little less than 1 month to get the clearance. I didnt get a call after I got my clearance. coincidently, I emailed them about my results the same day my clearance came in and 2 days later I got a reply email. also, they didnt have to find a Dr. they just told me to contact this one and make an appointment.

I did the retake 12/29 and i was cleared 1/27 so it took a little less than 1 month to get the clearance. I didnt get a call after I got my clearance. coincidently, I emailed them about my results the same day my clearance came in and 2 days later I got a reply email. also, they didnt have to find a Dr. they just told me to contact this one and make an appointment.

Thank you soo much for the post. I hope I am cleared in a month too. I did the re-eval on 2/6.

Back