Failed MMPI at PEPC?

Has anyone from the LA PEPC in January followed up with their HR rep about the MMPI results yet? I know they said the results should be in within a week so I was curious if they actually are in so we can verify whether we passed or need to follow up with the re-evaluation. I know I wouldn't want to find out 2 months later---"oh yeah, I have had your results for 2 months but I am just now calling to tell you you need to get re-evaluated".

After the KC PEPC the MMPI failure calls started on December 11th when the PEPC was 11/17 to 11/21. That was about three weeks after the PEPC, but I heard an unconfirmed story that the grading of the MMPI was delayed a bit after the KC PEPC which may have led to a delay in the calls. It looks like if we do not receive a call by the end of next week regarding the MMPI we are probably safe!

I might as well be the first to say that I did NOT pass the MMPI at the 1/27 LA PEPC. Got the call today. I am pretty bummed out. I thought I answered everything honestly. But maybe I read too much into some questions even though I was trying not to. Not happy that the whole process is going to be delayed for who knows how long?!?! Hopefully not too many others from the LA PEPC have to deal with this. :(

But maybe I read too much into some questions even though I was trying not to.
That's possible and very common. I know, I used to administer them (not for the FAA).

The best way to approach it is to go with the first answer that pops into your head when you read the question.

Thanks ShyFlyer - I guess that is what I will do. I am glad that I at least get another chance to prove that I am not psychologically damaged!

Got my call today for the MMPI. Failed. From what I hear military guys normally are the ones that fail. I've taken two prior to this and passed. I'm blaming my significant other for this one. I'm telling the Doc that she is driving me crazy. lol.

Also found out today that I failed.. Unbelievable. If I am crazy or too "whatever" or not "whateverenough" to monitor aircraft then so be it. But I swear if this is another 2-3 month wait because their test blows ____ than I'm gonna be grumpy or something. I certainly don't want to smash things cause that might look bad on my psych eval. I was told that 30 people failed from the LA PEPC and they are looking into modifying the test because of the consistent high rate. I can't wait to tell my pyshchiatrist evaluator that the reason I answered that I've been blue lately is because of all the plans that have been ruined having no idea when or where this path is taking me.

Also found out today that I failed.. Unbelievable. If I am crazy or too "whatever" or not "whateverenough" to monitor aircraft then so be it. But I swear if this is another 2-3 month wait because their test blows ____ than I'm gonna be grumpy or something. I certainly don't want to smash things cause that might look bad on my psych eval. I was told that 30 people failed from the LA PEPC and they are looking into modifying the test because of the consistent high rate. I can't wait to tell my pyshchiatrist evaluator that the reason I answered that I've been blue lately is because of all the plans that have been ruined having no idea when or where this path is taking me.

I read a detailed report on the MMPI relating to ATC through a link someone posted on this site, and the FAA only estimated that 4.9% of applicants would "fail" the MMPI and need additional testing. If 30 people from the LA PEPC failed that means the rate is at least 12%, and that is assuming that the PEPC was totally filled with 50 applicants all five days. It looks like the failure rate is way higher than expected, I do not know the reason why, maybe it’s impossible for people to resist trying to portray themselves in a particular manner while testing and the test notices it, or maybe the MMPI flags a much higher rate of ATC applicants than the general population. It will be interesting if they do alter the test a bit, I would assume the FAA is surprised by this as well.

Update:

Called Medical today because B.R. said she didnt have my clearance yet. She said that their #1 priority is the people who failed. Once they are all setup to retake the test then she will "officially" start clearing people.

Back