Failed MMPI at PEPC?

I was in the March 09 PEPC in Chicago. I spoke with a rep up there yesterday who stated that they would do a mass email to those that failed the MMPI on Friday. Apparently it will contain the release form so that we can get that notorized and back to them. You need to get this back to them before they set you up with a shrink. On another note for those of you have gone through this process and passed please pass along any tips that you may have for us just starting the retake process. I am not sure about some of you but this really threw me for a loop, and I am just looking for tips and any pertinent information to get me through this.

Just be calm, chances are you got lazy and accidentally clicked the wrong answer on a question or two that threw up a flag. The biggest thing i think is the interview with the shrink. The test gives a printed annalysis but there is something that the FAA shrink in DC has to review and likeliness point to the one on one interview for that one. The shrink might make you feel awkward a bit but is really trying to get to know you. Mine forgot to ask me questions and called me at home twice when making her report. Several answers she cut me off on and said she has heard enough to make a conclusion. These questions might be scripted but every shrink will probably ask them a bit differently. things like legal issues, alcohol usage, home life, relationships, ect. You might give an answer and the shrink might ask another question about your answer. Remember they are trying to control the conversation to get the most accurate information that they can get. A good shrink can detect BS better than that dumb test you are retaking. The hardest part of the whole thing is the freaking wait. I just found out that this retest delay bumped me back to FY10 academy slots, im now 9 weeks after the restest with no new results. I was quoted 4 weeks after the retest untill im cleared. :banghead:

Just be calm, chances are you got lazy and accidentally clicked the wrong answer on a question or two that threw up a flag. The biggest thing i think is the interview with the shrink. The test gives a printed annalysis but there is something that the FAA shrink in DC has to review and likeliness point to the one on one interview for that one. The shrink might make you feel awkward a bit but is really trying to get to know you. Mine forgot to ask me questions and called me at home twice when making her report. Several answers she cut me off on and said she has heard enough to make a conclusion. These questions might be scripted but every shrink will probably ask them a bit differently. things like legal issues, alcohol usage, home life, relationships, ect. You might give an answer and the shrink might ask another question about your answer. Remember they are trying to control the conversation to get the most accurate information that they can get. A good shrink can detect BS better than that dumb test you are retaking. The hardest part of the whole thing is the freaking wait. I just found out that this retest delay bumped me back to FY10 academy slots, im now 9 weeks after the restest with no new results. I was quoted 4 weeks after the retest untill im cleared. :banghead:

Thanks for the info. I think that the shrink will play a big roll in all of this. Hopefully I will have a good one. Anyway I appreciate the insight, and I hope you get a final answer soon. Best of luck.

have any tier 2 takers from NYC gotten their results back??

eastern medical is STILL saying theres a contract dispute in DC thats plugged up the MMPI grading schedule.

im not sure disputes last 2 months. plus ive seen people get thier tier one reults left and right.

ill give it one more week i guess....:mad:

I haven't been keeping up with this thread too well so I apologize if anyone has already posted this but... Has anyone from the april LA PEPC been contacted about failing the MMPI?

have any tier 2 takers from NYC gotten their results back??

eastern medical is STILL saying theres a contract dispute in DC thats plugged up the MMPI grading schedule.

im not sure disputes last 2 months. plus ive seen people get thier tier one reults left and right.

ill give it one more week i guess....:mad:

don't worry, i'm from PUBNAT 2 and i still haven't gotten my clearance on tier 2. and i took it back in February.

received my email today with my official retake instructions. I signed my paper and had it notarized right away and sent it back in. From what I was told last week on the phone when I called I will probably be going to see the shrink end of monthish. Anyone else get the email yet?

Hopefully my letter gets there first thing monday to speed things up but if not I have become an expert in waiting so far and it will be business as usual.

received my email today with my official retake instructions. I signed my paper and had it notarized right away and sent it back in. From what I was told last week on the phone when I called I will probably be going to see the shrink end of monthish. Anyone else get the email yet?

Hopefully my letter gets there first thing monday to speed things up but if not I have become an expert in waiting so far and it will be business as usual.

So if we don't get this email does that mean we're good? Just wondering.

So if we don't get this email does that mean we're good? Just wondering.
More than likely if you don't get an email or phone call, there is not a problem. Of course, you can always pester them and ask the medical division in the region you attended your PEPC!

Im guessing you would be good, but I would jsut call them. Supposedly all emails are going out today but you can find out for sure if you call the chicago medical office the number in somewhere in this thread a few times.

I just got an e-mail from my HR rep this past thursday telling me that I have cleared absolutely everything else other than the tier 2 MMPI. If I wasn't crazy before, I sure as heck am now!!

So what do you do now?

I have been e-mailing my HR rep about once every two weeks to try and see if anything has gone through but other than that, I have been told to hurry up and wait. I am going to wait until about 200901SEPT and then I will start calling the medical division to see how much longer or how back logged they still are.

I have been e-mailing my HR rep about once every two weeks to try and see if anything has gone through but other than that, I have been told to hurry up and wait. I am going to wait until about 200901SEPT and then I will start calling the medical division to see how much longer or how back logged they still are.

So the MMPI-2 is the second test taken after you fail the MMPI-1??

Yeah i got my passing results from my tier 2 way back in may....October 1st we are going to hit those phones pretty hard.

Mike and anyone else whose taken the tier 2 and passed

what did you guys do differently the second time that you did not the first time. In other words, why do you think you passed the second time around.

I imagine it would be helpful for those of us who have to take the mmpi again but have yet to take it.

also what type of questions were you asked when you had face to face time with the Doc.

So the MMPI-2 is the second test taken after you fail the MMPI-1??

no the MMPI-2 is the renovation of the MMPI-1...like a better version of the test.

what you take at the retake is the exact same test, you just take the PAI and sit down with a human as well.

Back