Faa's student loan repayment program?

Elfmaze

What ever happened to this? I saw a blip on the FAA employee page two months ago and noone has mentioned it since. Being one in 120K in debt it would be extreemly usefull right about now.

What ever happened to this? I saw a blip on the FAA employee page two months ago and noone has mentioned it since. Being one in 120K in debt it would be extreemly usefull right about now.

Wow, How are you sporting $120K in student loan debt?? Did you go to law school or medical school and decide it wasn't for you? I feel bad that I have $20K. As to the program, that would be sweet, but for some reason I am skeptical. Would be nice though!!

Wow, How are you sporting $120K in student loan debt?? Did you go to law school or medical school and decide it wasn't for you? I feel bad that I have $20K. As to the program, that would be sweet, but for some reason I am skeptical. Would be nice though!!
robably an ERAU grad...ive talked to quite a few come out of there and it is common for them to come out with 100k+ in student loans...im with you though....i thought i was down the ####ter and i have less than 20k

Hey I got a BS back in 2004 from USC (thats the original USC for my west coast friends-Go Cocks!) walked away with no debt. I only had $10k in saved up money from the grandma. The rest was paid by our state LIFE scholarships for 3.0GPAs or greater. I also lived within commuting distance--strange thing my high school was 12mi from the house and USC was only 11mi.

All to say, I walked out of college debt free, but then racked up $5k in debt in 3yrs by overspending (eating out and trips mainly). :banghead: I'm proud to say, 1 year later with the help of God and a part time job, it is paid off!:nana2:

So hang in there and don't feel bad...even those of us who left college debt free still screwed up a good thing. :)

SQuirell88;877903 1 year later with the help of God and [B said:
a part time job[/B], it is paid off!:nana2:

Grrr. 39K/yr and still have 30K in student loans after 3 yrs of paying.

Back to the point, any word on repayment program?

When you arrive at the academy, they'll be able to give you more information about Tuition repayment...seeing as I didn't qualify, I zoned out for that lecture :)

Grrr. 39K/yr and still have 30K in student loans after 3 yrs of paying.

39k/yr and I still have $72k after 3 years of paying. it doesnt seem like the loan balances have gone down at ALL. Also the Student Loan Repayment doesn't pay back private loans, which is what all of mine are.

I should've just bought a house :panic:

Yeah, all of mine are private loans as well. Shame when your parents "make too much money" but won't pay a dime toward your education. And you have to pretty much legally disown your parents before you can qualify for additional aid before youre 24/25. What a messed up system.

Yeah, all of mine are private loans as well. Shame when your parents "make too much money" but won't pay a dime toward your education. And you have to pretty much legally disown your parents before you can qualify for additional aid before youre 24/25. What a messed up system.

YES! my parents made "too much money" but the government didn't take into account that they also had FOUR other kids. ridic.

The Army and Navy offer up to $65k in student loan repayment, but ONLY for federal loans. What is the point of this?!

Haha, exactly the same for me....except I haven't taken out any loans after 2 years of college. :)

So are you guys saying that now is the time to take out federal loans? 'Cause if I wouldn't have to pay them back that would be schaweet. :D

Haha, exactly the same for me....except I haven't taken out any loans after 2 years of college. :)

So are you guys saying that now is the time to take out federal loans? 'Cause if I wouldn't have to pay them back that would be schaweet. :D

I wouldn't count on loan repayment (federal or any other type) anytime soon....if ever.

like every FFA program to help the controllers, its a wish in one hand and crap in the other.at the end of the day all you have is a handfull of crap

Back