FAA passes another records act

Never been disciplined. If I worked at a place where I felt they were unfairly disciplining me, I wouldn’t work there long.............
I think that’s a point being missed.
Whether you’ve been disciplined on the job or not, treated unfairly or nor, or quit because you thought you were being treated unfairly, the real reason you left could be absent in your records. The ball is in the employer’s grubby paws!

You could just quit as you wrote, but the reason you left wouldn't be documented by YOU!
That employer could make up all kinds of disciplinary “problems”, job performance issues, and violations of the Company’s ethics/moral codes. You would be victim to their attack with very little, if anything, you can do about it.

This database is a bad, good idea.....

Well I feel like this is where another area of law, labor law, comes into play. At this point it seems like any company that’s willing to put something about discipline into a federal database if their documentation isn’t 100% ironclad is asking for a big ol lawsuit.
And I’m SURE that a previous employer could include the fact that you sued them IN their submission.

Next potential employer sees that and you may as well be radioactive!

If it’s that bad, don’t work there in the first place? Want to be a 121 major airline pilot? Skip the BS places and go straight to a 121 regional. Problem solved.
Wow, as if it’s just that easy for everyone? Many people that get started at these operators don’t have the knowledge that the rest of us have gained through experience. Sometimes you don’t know until you’re working there, or worse yet until you’re quitting. Someone building may be too inexperienced to see the red flags at first. Not everyone has had the same path as you.

As others have stated this is probably well intentioned, but poorly executed.

Anyone who supports this is no trade unionist.

Well I’m sick and tired of seeing trade unionists lie about their backgrounds and crashing planes, killing their pax, crews, and boxes. The last two I can think of had one pilot that fit the categories of lie/deceit and crappy airman: Colgan and Atlas crashes.

I’m also sick and tired of seeing the union defend pilots who should have been fired a long time ago who can’t fly worth ****

Careful. You never know if people want YOU fired and it comes down to DFR and a system board.

Yet dumbass mofos keep saying yes to crap regional pay and QOL!!!!!

Oh? And what exactly did you do? Straight to a major? Never flew crappy regional/freight/135?

I spent too many years messing about with 135, thinking regional flying was the worst. All it did was set my career back. Going to a regional was by far the best thing I did for my career, and most regionals pay quite well now.

There’s a bit of irony in the guy who had the “ability” to pay for a CRJ course with a guaranteed interview telling people that all the need to do is just be picky and avoid bad companies.

...in the days when regional street mins were 500-600 total and 50-100ME. But then again you knew that. Before the pandemic, the biggest obstacle to regional airlines was the 1,500 hr rule. Right now certain regional airlines are starting to hire again (some never really stopped).

Careful. You never know if people want YOU fired and it comes down to DFR and a system board.

Depends what people we’re talking about? 121 major airline? The only people should be internal management for training or discipline type issues. And nowadays, social media issues where people associate their employers with (whatever) controversial thing / group they are doing.

If one fails multiple training events and can’t fly worth crap, then one should expect to be on the firing line.
This. People talk trash until the nerf bat comes for them.

I’m not trashing the union. They have a job that requires DFR for their members. I just think when it comes to training and failure issues, there ought to be a more harsh process than what we have now. That would be one good way to prevent the next Colgan/Atlas type accident.

Oh? And what exactly did you do? Straight to a major? Never flew crappy regional/freight/135?

LOL!!!!

I spent too many years messing about with 135, thinking regional flying was the worst. All it did was set my career back. Going to a regional was by far the best thing I did for my career, and most regionals pay quite well now.

NO! They Don't!

Aaaaand... on the subject. If my employer even thought about thinking about some sort of unwarranted or vindictive remarks, I'd have a team of lawyers on that like flies on doo doo.

LOL!!!!

NO! They Don't!

Aaaaand... on the subject. If my employer even thought about thinking about some sort of unwarranted or vindictive remarks, I'd have a team of lawyers on that like flies on doo doo.

If you think regionals don’t pay good now, you should have seen my RJ paychecks. I have the numbers burned in my head:

1st yr - 20.73/hr
2nd yr - 24.39/hr
3rd yr - 30.09/hr
4th yr - 33.28/hr

No bonuses, no commuter hotels, no profit share, nothing. That was flying a 50 seater RJ.

No offense, regional pilots have been spoiled with how good they have had it the last couple years (excluding Covid). Thank the 1500 hr rule for that. Guys made more in their 1st yr at a regional than I did on 5th yr RJ pay (and that was of 2011).

Does this mean that my old employers are going to resubmit all of my old pilot records again?

Could they add something shady??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back