Etihad Airways Hiring Cadet Pilot (All Nationalities Accepted)

And again, this is a test of your aptitude, not of merely remembering answers. It is not like the FAA written test.

We can assume the bank of questions is quite large. If you answer the previous question correctly, the next question is little more difficult. The more you you get right, the harder the test gets.

The only way to "study" is to get a good night's sleep the day before, stay relaxed and calm during the test, and read everything carefully.

Should those of us who have taken the test hear back from Etihad as to whether or not they have made it to the next round, please let everyone know. The delay between the closing date of the application and the time to schedule the first assessments was quite a long time, (early May to mid August). I hope that isn't the case with the next step!

And again, this is a test of your aptitude, not of merely remembering answers. It is not like the FAA written test.

We can assume the bank of questions is quite large. If you answer the previous question correctly, the next question is little more difficult. The more you you get right, the harder the test gets.

The only way to "study" is to get a good night's sleep the day before, stay relaxed and calm during the test, and read everything carefully.

Should those of us who have taken the test hear back from Etihad as to whether or not they have made it to the next round, please let everyone know. The delay between the closing date of the application and the time to schedule the first assessments was quite a long time, (early May to mid August). I hope that isn't the case with the next step!

Yes I really hope they can come up with a reasonable timeframe as I also have other plans that can't really wait!! I will go to Berlin on the 5th...I am very nerves though...

What did they say? What will be the next stage after this?

Hi Guys,

I have my 1st Assessment on Aug27th in Sao Paulo, I have travel from Bogota and want let you know guys that I found a web page that can help with the pshycometer test the page is http://www.practiceaptitudetests.com/psychometric-tests/ and can help a little bit with numerical, verbal, diagrammatic reason and situational judgement, I think this is the values like the are looking for and be prepare... Good luck who these call to assessment and show the best attitude to the interview!!

Best Regards!

Yes I really hope they can come up with a reasonable timeframe as I also have other plans that can't really wait!! I will go to Berlin on the 5th...I am very nerves though...

What did they say? What will be the next stage after this?

I hear that Etihad will only take in twenty cadets this time around. Interviews for those who score well on the assessment will likely come next.

when did you guys receive emails for the invitation to assessment? or Does Etihad Airways send you the invitation email only a week before your assessment ?

i do my assessment in two days in sydney ill fill yall in.
So Frank,
How was it? What would you say about the difficulty level of the "problems" and reading itself? Plus considering the time? I am not native which is a great handicap.

Well, my friends, I took the assessment today wearing business dress, and bringing with me only a calculator, ID and scratch paper. It started off with an Etihad HR manager explaining to us how the test would be conducted, and what the next stage of the selection process will entail. There were eight other people there attending along with myself. According to him they received an overwhelming number of applications (which is why it took a while for them to answer back to everyone), but there are still hundreds of people who already did take the assessment or are still in the process of taking their assessments. The competition is by all means exceedingly stiff: there are only twenty slots available, and out of the candidates undergoing assessments only 150 of them will be chosen to proceed onwards to the interview phase. That all sounded rather normal up to that moment. Frankly I was expecting it to be pretty tight from the beginning, and understanding that, I don't harbor any illusions of going onto round two, but it couldn't hurt to take the assessment anyway just for experience's sake. He also told us that the reason we happened to be there is because Etihad saw something in our resumes that looked impressive. What exactly they were looking for, I have no clue, but I thought I'd share that for those of you who were turned down.

Now, as for the assessment...it's a completely computerized and timed test done on a laptop consisting of mathematics, verbal concepts and table-reading. There are not too many questions, but the difficulty comes in the fact that you only have like 60 - 75 - 90 seconds to finish each problem/question. Overall it wasn't too difficult...but I won't pretend that I knew everything as well! I felt like there was no way at all to study for it. One either already "has" it or does not.... Good luck to everyone though!

Our group got told that they'll be selecting 200 out of 1500 or was it 2000 that got invited to take the test. Those will be flown to abu dhabi all expenses paid for 3 days of interviews. The hr rep wasnt sure how many they will be selecting to become cadets.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HI,
What do Etihad mean with cadet Pilot, people with no experience?
Are they looking for 20 Cadet Pilots for the flight school in Al Ain and some others with holding a CPL with ATPL Theory going direct on type rating...?

good evening to all!

i have one question, if we have the luck to be selected and pass then the interview too,wich one pays the Training costs for type rating line training and so on emirates or the candidate?
Does someone know?

Thanks!

H
Well, my friends, I took the assessment today wearing business dress, and bringing with me only a calculator, ID and scratch paper. It started off with an Etihad HR manager explaining to us how the test would be conducted, and what the next stage of the selection process will entail. There were eight other people there attending along with myself. According to him they received an overwhelming number of applications (which is why it took a while for them to answer back to everyone), but there are still hundreds of people who already did take the assessment or are still in the process of taking their assessments. The competition is by all means exceedingly stiff: there are only twenty slots available, and out of the candidates undergoing assessments only 150 of them will be chosen to proceed onwards to the interview phase. That all sounded rather normal up to that moment. Frankly I was expecting it to be pretty tight from the beginning, and understanding that, I don't harbor any illusions of going onto round two, but it couldn't hurt to take the assessment anyway just for experience's sake. He also told us that the reason we happened to be there is because Etihad saw something in our resumes that looked impressive. What exactly they were looking for, I have no clue, but I thought I'd share that for those of you who were turned down.

Now, as for the assessment...it's a completely computerized and timed test done on a laptop consisting of mathematics, verbal concepts and table-reading. There are not too many questions, but the difficulty comes in the fact that you only have like 60 - 75 - 90 seconds to finish each problem/question. Overall it wasn't too difficult...but I won't pretend that I knew everything as well! I felt like there was no way at all to study for it. One either already "has" it or does not.... Good luck to everyone though!
Hi,

Thx for all the useful info! Yes that bloody time is my concern. I am going on the 5th. Little chance i see , still very pumped up with adrenaline.
Will see what happens.

Back