Etihad Airways Hiring Cadet Pilot (All Nationalities Accepted)

Folks, this programme is designed for people with little or no experience. I currently work for Etihad in a different capacity, and have a PPL with just over 100 hours. I've spoken to a few people at the company who are connected to the hiring for this programme, and their preference is for people with no experience. I was advised not to mention on my application that I hold a PPL (but that was after I had already sent in the application).

I'm from the USA and have lived here for nearly two years. Trust me when I tell you that if I held a CFI or CFII I wouldn't be applying for this position; the Middle East isn't really an easy place to live, especially with the idea that the contract you're required to sign upon getting a place in the programme is about 7 years. The only reason I'm here is to make money and return to the US to finish my training. Sure, the lure of free training, good money, and A320s is quite powerful, but shiny new jet syndrome wears off after a few months. Besides, those of you on here who have CPL/CFI/CFIIs and even flying jobs right now, stick at what you're doing! It's pretty clear that within the coming months and years, the US aviation industry will be desperate for pilots. You'll be kicking yourself for spending all that money on flight school in the US, only to end up stuck in a contract in a foreign country when things at home are getting more lucrative.

Folks, this programme is designed for people with little or no experience. I currently work for Etihad in a different capacity, and have a PPL with just over 100 hours. I've spoken to a few people at the company who are connected to the hiring for this programme, and their preference is for people with no experience. I was advised not to mention on my application that I hold a PPL (but that was after I had already sent in the application).

I'm from the USA and have lived here for nearly two years. Trust me when I tell you that if I held a CFI or CFII I wouldn't be applying for this position; the Middle East isn't really an easy place to live, especially with the idea that the contract you're required to sign upon getting a place in the programme is about 7 years. The only reason I'm here is to make money and return to the US to finish my training. Sure, the lure of free training, good money, and A320s is quite powerful, but shiny new jet syndrome wears off after a few months. Besides, those of you on here who have CPL/CFI/CFIIs and even flying jobs right now, stick at what you're doing! It's pretty clear that within the coming months and years, the US aviation industry will be desperate for pilots. You'll be kicking yourself for spending all that money on flight school in the US, only to end up stuck in a contract in a foreign country when things at home are getting more lucrative.

Awesome dude. Most people here think its as easy as 1,2,3 but from the sound of it, it sounds like a long boring commitment. Best of luck to the people who are hired.

Surprisingly a lot of people keep quiet after their assessment. I truly believe what you give is what you get so if I stumble upon any information I'll surely pass it onto you guys.

Attachments

• 1 Pdf (etihad prep).pdf
    196.1 KB · Views: 2,064
Ok. I just took the initial assessment. It's a pretty basic one, study a few time, speed/distance calculations. Basic Math questions,ie they will give you prices for telephone plans and ask you to compare them if you talk for an x amount of hours etc. There was also a reading comprehension section where you have to read a few paragraphs and infer what they are saying. The last section is where you compare a series of numbers and you have to figure out if they are the same exact ones or not (a few have zeroes substituted with O) and 1 for I etc. The hardest part about the test is that it is timed. You might have 60 to 90 seconds maximum for each question. In this you will be reading a few paragraphs, comparing numbers or doing math. Other than that there is no real way to study for it. Best of luck to all!

How about the calculator...is it allowed the use of it? or the require mental calculation??? Does the calculator need to have any special characteristics? Do they provide/allow the use of paper and pen for the calculation and math? any further details worth to mention and look up in advance of the assessment day?

Last edited:
No aviation related questions. Just bring a basic calculator and a pen. They do provide paper. No cell phones, so do buy an actual calculator.

so seems like is only basic math as mentioned above, is there any compani knoledge required? how about any psimotoric test using joysticks and so on? the more details the better ;-) karma will be nice with you helping us ;-)

There is hardly enough time for most of us to study for the test even if an adequate gouge were to be provided. How many of you have taken the assessment thus far?

Please give us a detailed feedback on how u found it and the exercises in there ... Joystick use? math calculation? including trigonometry?, numeric series ? English text comprehension ? Verbal reasoning? Numeric Reasoning? non verbal?

At the risk of alienating fellow applicants and/or forum users, I think it's important to point out that it isn't really in the best interest of anyone to post exact questions or talk in detail about the assessment. As some people have already mentioned, it's not uncommon for recruiting staff to frequent these kinds of forums and keep an eye out for those in the group who are giving away the questions or asking for specifics in an effort to circumvent the purpose of the test. With aptitude tests in general, there's usually not much you can prepare for anyway. As much as I wish everyone the best of luck with their assessments, I think it is in everyone's best interests not to ask specifics.

back after 10 days.

Its weird!!!! people with 450hrs as well as 40 hrs got the call letter. I have 300hrs, no call letter:(

Ok. I just took the initial assessment. It's a pretty basic one, study a few time, speed/distance calculations. Basic Math questions,ie they will give you prices for telephone plans and ask you to compare them if you talk for an x amount of hours etc. There was also a reading comprehension section where you have to read a few paragraphs and infer what they are saying. The last section is where you compare a series of numbers and you have to figure out if they are the same exact ones or not (a few have zeroes substituted with O) and 1 for I etc. The hardest part about the test is that it is timed. You might have 60 to 90 seconds maximum for each question. In this you will be reading a few paragraphs, comparing numbers or doing math. Other than that there is no real way to study for it. Best of luck to all!

Hi can u please email me the questions i need it urgent on my in box pls

Back