Etihad Airways Hiring Cadet Pilot (All Nationalities Accepted)

H

Hi,

Thx for all the useful info! Yes that bloody time is my concern. I am going on the 5th. Little chance i see , still very pumped up with adrenaline.
Will see what happens.
good evening to all!

i have one question, if we have the luck to be selected and pass then the interview too,wich one pays the Training costs for type rating line training and so on emirates or the candidate?
Does someone know?

Thanks!
i think they ll provide a contract which will precise those details

Etihad Airways recruiting Cadet Pilot is true but hiring their own Middleeast people.

The first airline in the whole world accept all nationalities is Singapore Airline (SIA).
Cathay Pacific recruiting Cadet Pilot not the Hong Kees but mostly caucasian (Australians, Americans, Britons and etc).

Etihad Airways recruiting Cadet Pilot is true but hiring their own Middleeast people.

The first airline in the whole world accept all nationalities is Singapore Airline (SIA).
Cathay Pacific recruiting Cadet Pilot not the Hong Kees but mostly caucasian (Australians, Americans, Britons and etc).
Im sorry, but this is so much not true..i dont know where u get the informations. Maybe only 1,000 caucasians were on this assessment during the last 3 weeks. Including me...not to speak about my hungarian mate, who is forking for them since 2009. Trough Same cadet program..

Im sorry, but this is so much not true..i dont know where u get the informations. Maybe only 1,000 caucasians were on this assessment during the last 3 weeks. Including me...not to speak about my hungarian mate, who is forking for them since 2009. Trough Same cadet program..
I don't to reason with you.
I have my reliable sources. ;)

Cathay's full cadet program is for Hong Kong permanent residents. The second officer program is what you are referring to. They are three different categories:

The three Second Officer entry programmes are:
  1. Cadet Pilot Programme – a 55-week programme for applicants with low experience and no ICAO CPL. Please note that applicants for this programme are required to hold a Permanent HKID card.
  2. Advanced Entry – a 32-week programme for applicants who possess an ICAO CPL and have in excess of 250 hours flight time in specified categories.
  3. Transition Training – a 5-week programme for applicants with an ICAO ATPL, with a minimum of 1500 hours total time, including 500 hours multi-engine time with a MTOW greater than 2000kg.
Training is conducted at Flight Training Adelaide, Adelaide, Australia. Training consists of technical ground school, HK ATPL subjects and flight training. All programmes introduce and/or consolidate jet aircraft operation, multi-crew operations, safety standards, efficient operation, passenger considerations and flight operation disciplines.

To be considered for a flying career with us you must:
  • Have an excellent command of written and spoken English
  • Be physically fit and qualify for a Class I Medical
  • Meet flight deck reach requirements which is subject to a functional reach test
  • Have completed secondary school and have good passes in mathematics and science, or have a degree or diploma, or have passes in all ATPL subjects
  • Share our passion for aviation
Only applicants who hold a Hong Kong permanent ID card are presently being considered for the Cadet Pilot Programme. You are welcome to register your details; we recommend that you provide professional/personal updates to your profile should your flying experience and/or Hong Kong residency status change.

Whats the story behind a huge pilot shortage going to take place in the US? anyone throw more light to it. I heard 600 pilots being recalled by some airline after completion of their furloughs..

Whats the story behind a huge pilot shortage going to take place in the US? anyone throw more light to it. I heard 600 pilots being recalled by some airline after completion of their furloughs..
I do not believe it.

I met a few Americans ex-airline pilots overseas. and they are not flying.

Cathay's full cadet program is for Hong Kong permanent residents. The second officer program is what you are referring to. They are three different categories:

The three Second Officer entry programmes are:
  1. Cadet Pilot Programme – a 55-week programme for applicants with low experience and no ICAO CPL. Please note that applicants for this programme are required to hold a Permanent HKID card.
  2. Advanced Entry – a 32-week programme for applicants who possess an ICAO CPL and have in excess of 250 hours flight time in specified categories.
  3. Transition Training – a 5-week programme for applicants with an ICAO ATPL, with a minimum of 1500 hours total time, including 500 hours multi-engine time with a MTOW greater than 2000kg.
Only applicants who hold a Hong Kong permanent ID card are presently being considered for the Cadet Pilot Programme. You are welcome to register your details; we recommend that you provide professional/personal updates to your profile should your flying experience and/or Hong Kong residency status change.
The Hong Kees made noise. The Hong Kees were extremely unhappy that Cathay Pacific and Dragon Air recruiting foreigners into their full programme.

Up till today, Cathay Pacific and Dragon Air are still recruiting foreigners (especially Caucasians) as direct second officers.

Cathay Pacific and Dragon Air are not doing well. They are not as powerful as the airlines in Singapore, particularly SIA. Cathay Pacific and Dragon Air are unlikely to recruit mass Hong Kees into their CP programme and train them. It is just for show to run these CP programmes to the world.

I don't to reason with you.
I have my reliable sources. ;)
Come on. Pease...why do u go against facts?

http://www.pprune.org/interviews-jo...adet-pilot-training-assessment-2009-a-40.html
look... This was the last cadet program results. On page 40, its highlighted in a list. Including my hungarian friend who in fact still working there. Do u think im lying? Or what? He can prove the list is true. They wouldnt announce international program this time ether, f they wouldnt take foreigners....

Results are out, guys! I made it into the top 25%, but unfortunately Etihad will take in only the top 10% to Abu Dhabi. Overall I am glad to have partaken in the process since I learned things from it. Good luck to all those which have made it to the next round. Let us know how it goes!

Would be nice to know the finalist results. Where they from...im very sad i could get in but i thought i was good enough. I made 1 mistake on math with i realized too late to correct. That could easily drip u back 30-40 places...

Congrats to everybody who made it. Now it should be clear that this is not just for the lucky people with contacts up there. I felt that they should have done away with the pilot aptitude test filtering during the first round itself along with the written test that we had. So there was no reason to mis-believe anybody at any stage.

The Hong Kees made noise. The Hong Kees were extremely unhappy that Cathay Pacific and Dragon Air recruiting foreigners into their full programme.

Up till today, Cathay Pacific and Dragon Air are still recruiting foreigners (especially Caucasians) as direct second officers.

Cathay Pacific and Dragon Air are not doing well. They are not as powerful as the airlines in Singapore, particularly SIA. Cathay Pacific and Dragon Air are unlikely to recruit mass Hong Kees into their CP programme and train them. It is just for show to run these CP programmes to the world.
I'm actually not sure where to start.

For anyone reading - this is unmitigated rubbish.

If anyone's interested in the CX cadet programmes, or the AE/TT intakes, let me know.

Back