Envoy Growing

Credit where it’s due to Envoy ordering E1 jets in TYOOL 2024 and side-stepping the whole “a quarter of our E2 fleet is grounded because engines” business.

Maybe they’re cheap, maybe they’re shrewd, or maybe just lucky.

No classes for the next two months and my schedule as a sim instructor is VERY open.
I told Envoy I had to take another position since I been waiting for the start date since April, which is when the CJO was signed and everything completed. And I could not delay the other offers any longer since they all had start dates. The response from Envoy to sum it up. "Patience future DEC, we shall get to you eventually." Okay, they didn't understand the email when it said if no start date I am working somewhere else as of August. But I guess when they call, we can have that discussion. Also wondering, I was part of the $100k hiring bonus. I assume when the call does come that little promise is no longer an option (I think there was fine print that said "accept the offer by May 31and receive a start date within 90 days to collect your day zero $100k"). Well, that 90 days long sailed as well since I signed that CJO back in April.

Odd though. PSA still has August 12th and August 26th classes from my understanding. Just these other two seem to be having downtime right now. That said, I think PSA did mention they are not making any more DEC offers, it's only Experienced FO offers and that's why I was changed to Exp FO vs DEC, to get me in the door without having to wait.

Oh. And congrat's Envoy. Seen that PBS is finally rolling out over there.

Anyone know if the new hire bonuses, the retention bonuses, the check airmen super pay and all that stuff is still a thing at the regionals, or has that all gone away?

Anyone know if the new hire bonuses, the retention bonuses, the check airmen super pay and all that stuff is still a thing at the regionals, or has that all gone away?

Well I think I saw today that Envoy has joined other AA regionals in curtailing flying and offering (in their particular case), voluntary unpaid leaves of absence.

Not to get too far off topic, but is this the summer that finally didn't blow up for air travel? I don't know if I really understand why now, rather than last year or the year before, but it seems to have been a big *sigh* on the part of the airlines. I know we have had voluntary reduced credit bids, or before that, partial pay LOAs, since mid-spring, and I was surprised to see them posted all summer long. Which is also kinda strange since we just had a 2025 vacation sell back. Or maybe I am just misunderstanding the purpose of a whole year vacation sell/buy back offer?

Last edited:
Well I think I saw today that Envoy has joined other AA regionals in curtailing flying and offering (in their particular case), voluntary unpaid leaves of absence.

Not to get too far off topic, but is this the summer that finally didn't blow up for air travel? I don't know if I really understand why now, rather than last year or the year before, but it seems to have been a big *sigh* on the part of the airlines. I know we have had voluntary reduced credit bids, or before that, partial pay LOAs, since mid-spring, and I was surprised to see them posted all summer long. Which is also kinda strange since we just had a 2025 vacation sell back. Or maybe I am just misunderstanding the purpose of a whole year vacation sell/buy back offer?
Interesting that you say that. The TSA travel numbers reflect higher than last year, and I know most of the airports I follow on social media have reported record monthly numbers this summer.

Keep in mind, almost everyone reduced their summer schedule earlier in the year. There were supposed to be a lot more aircraft deliveries, as well. I think it's for the best, because everyone would have had epic meltdowns anyways.

Hehe. I know it’s a perfectly reasonable thing that I also do, but the phrase just sounds funny. Like, “my favorite proctologist say…”
Ha ha. You don’t know how long I debated on whether or not to add that note. Then I just figured I’d chalk it up to the avgeek side of me if someone called me out on it!

Back