Endeavor - June 2024 Hiring Thread

Just curious how anyone in this world can love a job making 50k a year. It’s literally a data entry job lol.

Thats the pilot and management view of dispatch. Ive never met a pilot who knows anything about dispatch and only a handful of managers.

Its obiously more than just simply data entry otherwise majors wouldnt be paying the same job 200K a year salary with some getting closer to 400K with overtime.

You are correct in questioning why the regionals get paid 4 times less than majors for the same exact job.

I’ve got a second round interview tomorrow. Anybody else had an interview since they implemented the 1 way interview to start the process? I had a few DX questions in that one so I’m just trying to get an idea as to what it will look like. I figure HR questions and a couple of DX but any input would be appreciated. I’m coming over from the Part 91 & 135 private/corporate aviation side.
How did it go, did you get an offer on the spot?

Just curious how anyone in this world can love a job making 50k a year. It’s literally a data entry job lol.

If I wanted to make a ton of money and have 2 failed marriages I would've became a pilot.

Fact of the matter is that there are obvious benefits to this career path that may not be readily apparent to non-Dispatch when compared to the other airmen professions or even just the industry in general.

Its also worth pointing out that if this was just a data entry job we wouldn't be required to hold a level of knowledge on a variety of subjects similar to an ATP.

But I do agree on the pay. IMO the regionals should be AT LEAST 60k starting. Perhaps more.

I’ve got a second round interview tomorrow. Anybody else had an interview since they implemented the 1 way interview to start the process? I had a few DX questions in that one so I’m just trying to get an idea as to what it will look like. I figure HR questions and a couple of DX but any input would be appreciated. I’m coming over from the Part 91 & 135 private/corporate aviation side.
Would love to hear how it went. I've got my second interview coming up.

You asked a girl out, she politely rejects, then you call her ugly and say you weren’t even interested anyway

This is giving the same energy
I was going to say. This definitely gives the “salty regional burnout lifer that tried for a major once and got rejected and got his feelings hurt” kind of vibe. We all know at least one of them.

"Tell me you've never been a dispatcher before without saying you've never been a dispatcher."

We did have a manager once when I was at a regional who had been brought in to "clean up" crew scheduling. She evidently asked senior management why dispatchers couldn't help do crew scheduling calls since we were "basically data entry." The VP of flight operations actually had our back that time and sent out an email to the whole group to please let him know if we were asked to do anything not in the scope of our jobs, and she backed off.

I would guess that the person who posted this is an inexperienced pilot, as most crews at my current (major) airline do seem to appreciate the work we do.

Last edited:
I was going to say. This definitely gives the “salty regional burnout lifer that tried for a major once and got rejected and got his feelings hurt” kind of vibe. We all know at least one of them.
[redacted]
I’ve had months where I made 20k plus. Why do you all get so salty? Wtf are you cappin for? It’s so weird

Last edited by a moderator:
[redacted]
I’ve had months where I made 20k plus. Why do you all get so salty? Wtf are you cappin for? It’s so weird

Its going to draw a reaction because its exactly what airline management tries to use to justify lower pay, fewer dispatchers and more flights on each desk.

It would be like saying on the pilot forum that they are button pushing bus drivers.

OK...so this $20K plus monthly salary, if you're working for an airline, tells me you are either a topped-out dispatcher at a major - in which case you would know our job is not "literally data entry" - or you're a pilot. (In case you are wondering, making $20K in a month with overtime as a dispatcher is not that difficult right now at one of the large US carriers.)

So, based on your demonstrated ignorance of the dispatcher career field you've demonstrated thus far in your posts - I assume you are a pilot. (Unfortunately, not knowing what a dispatcher's job entails is sadly not uncommon among pilots.) This being the case...why are you posting in the dispatcher section claiming to be a dispatcher when it is blatantly obvious you are not?

Fly safe!

OK...so this $20K plus monthly salary, if you're working for an airline, tells me you are either a topped-out dispatcher at a major - in which case you would know our job is not "literally data entry" - or you're a pilot. (In case you are wondering, making $20K in a month with overtime as a dispatcher is not that difficult right now at one of the large US carriers.)

So, based on your demonstrated ignorance of the dispatcher career field you've demonstrated thus far in your posts - I assume you are a pilot. (Unfortunately, not knowing what a dispatcher's job entails is sadly not uncommon among pilots.) This being the case...why are you posting in the dispatcher section claiming to be a dispatcher when it is blatantly obvious you are not?

Fly safe!
If I could legally show you an email we received at my office earlier this week from a pilot that is a "partner" in global aviation academy, you'd know pilots have literally Zero idea what dispatchers actually do.

Back