Endeavor Air- March 2nd Class- Introduce yourself- MSP Advise/tips would be appreciated

sam19ny

Hi everyone,

I recently accepted a job offer with Endeavor Air for the March 2nd class. Thought I would make a thread to connect our class together and have other adx's or MSP locals give some tips. So far I know one person from Brooklyn and me from Long Island are in the class.

One main concern is finding housing. Endeavor gives us out of state employees 3 weeks in a hotel. Any one recommend any places to stay preferably under 800? Someone did mention to me about crash shacks for airline employees but not sure about what it's called and where it is. If you know that would be great because I am on a tight budget.

Any recommendations of what to do around the area other than Mall of America?

Also, just out of curiosity, when do we take our FAM flight? A bud of mine says he's taking his after desk training. Is this how procedure is at Endeavor?

Last edited:
Not a edv guy but lots of msp experience.

So you wanna go to Se Salt for lunch when it opens back up in the spring and walk around minnehaha park. Ice cream is on the back of Se Salt dont miss it. Downtown is an embarassment of riches.

First off eat at all the Rusty Tacos, gyropolis if you can find one near you, burgers and beers or beers and burgers i can never remember, Now theres a debate about who is better, Matts Bar or The 58, they both claim to start the juicy lucy. Truth is you get a lot more fries for your money at matts, 58 has better service. Beers are cheaper at Matts.

Revival chicken. Revival revival revival. I can house a chicken, its so damn good its scary. I think crack is in the fry grease. I stand by that.

Brasa's, hen house, dakotas....... Imma just suggest hazelwoods too since youll be near it at C tower.

Im sure theres more but thatll get you started. Sorry i cant tell you where to live, i think prices south of airport are better than north still. Get good tired. The cold is real.

Not a edv guy but lots of msp experience.

So you wanna go to Se Salt for lunch when it opens back up in the spring and walk around minnehaha park. Ice cream is on the back of Se Salt dont miss it. Downtown is an embarassment of riches.

First off eat at all the Rusty Tacos, gyropolis if you can find one near you, burgers and beers or beers and burgers i can never remember, Now theres a debate about who is better, Matts Bar or The 58, they both claim to start the juicy lucy. Truth is you get a lot more fries for your money at matts, 58 has better service. Beers are cheaper at Matts.

Revival chicken. Revival revival revival. I can house a chicken, its so damn good its scary. I think crack is in the fry grease. I stand by that.

Brasa's, hen house, dakotas....... Imma just suggest hazelwoods too since youll be near it at C tower.

Im sure theres more but thatll get you started. Sorry i cant tell you where to live, i think prices south of airport are better than north still. Get good tired. The cold is real.

Thanks so much! Very detailed! I used to go to UND in Grand Forks. Was not fond of the cold. Thought about installing a block heater once I get to msp. I have fwd car with not much power so will definitely consider upgrading tires. Car has only like 43000 miles. I’m a low mileage driver so my tires might last for a few more years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks so much! Very detailed! I used to go to UND in Grand Forks. Was not fond of the cold. Thought about installing a block heater once I get to msp. I have fwd car with not much power so will definitely consider upgrading tires. Car has only like 43000 miles. I’m a low mileage driver so my tires might last for a few more years.

New tires from a standpoint of tire tread. For your safety dont let your tread get down low on msp roads, that tire tread will save your life.

$800 a month is going to be difficult unless you want to live in the hood. Housing is ridiculously expensive in MSP.

I really liked living in Saint Paul when I was working in MSP. Rents are cheaper, very diverse city with great food, breweries if you're into that. Easy commute down 35E and a short hop on 494 to Endeavor Air building. Winter sucks up there--if you live in the city be prepared to move your car a lot for street plowing. Even with -20 wind chills I never had an issue getting my car started without a block heater. Make sure your battery and engine antifreeze is fresh and run good tires..I rocked good all-seasons and didn't have many issues but snow tires will never hurt up there.

Thank you all for your advice/input! Much more than I expected! Keep it coming if you still have any. Anything is much appreciated. If any one has any advise or input about Endeavor with pilots/dispatching that would be cool too. Looking forward to join with Endeavor and exploring Minneapolis!

Thank you all for your advice/input! Much more than I expected! Keep it coming if you still have any. Anything is much appreciated. If any one has any advise or input about Endeavor with pilots/dispatching that would be cool too. Looking forward to join with Endeavor and exploring Minneapolis!

You picked a good landing spot. Loved my time there.

My advice to you beyond the typical stuff is to not get too over stressed on the bad days. You do a lot of new york flying/dispatching and new york likes to go haywire so keeping calm and fueling for the situation (fuel more when you need it, and not when you dont) will help you. In addition, work on your weather briefs. You might have the best idea ever to avoid weather but if you sound unsure or unconfident or lacking of a backup plan, the crew might not go with it and that just makes life harder for everyone.

Congratulations. I recently left after 3.5 years there.

Use the 3 weeks you're in the hotel to figure out your housing situation. Multiple dispatchers popped into my initial training class saying they were looking for roommates. Talk to your classmates and see what they're doing. Keep an eye on Craigslist too; I found a cheap studio sublet for $500/mo for 2 months after the hotel. That gave me some time to figure out something more permanent. $800/mo won't get you much in the Twin Cities, but I've seen some bare-bones studios on Craigslist for around that price.

Minneapolis is my favorite city I've ever lived in. People are very friendly. Traffic isn't bad. Most neighborhoods are safe. There's a large population of young people right out of college. In the summer, the entire city comes to life. Patios and rooftops at bars, breweries, and restaurants open. Trees line the streets and fill the parks. Summertime activities like cycling, swimming, boating, fishing, and camping are very popular. There's always some fair or festival going on each weekend. Most days are hot enough to go swimming and most nights are cool enough to sleep with the windows open. It's a great place to be. (And don't take it for granted; the city I live in now is the complete opposite of the above, though it admittedly does have nicer winters.)

Yes, the winters are frigid, dark, snowy, and pretty miserable, but if you lived in North Dakota, you're used to worse already. Hop on one of the many seasonal direct flights to Mexico, Florida, or the Caribbean for a weekend if you need to warm up.

My favorite spots: The Nook in St. Paul and Lion's Tap in Eden Prairie for burgers, Cecil's in St. Paul for sandwiches, Parkway Pizza for pizza, Amore or Nightingale in Uptown for brunch. UpDown is a fun arcade bar in Lyn-Lake. If you like craft beer, there are dozens of breweries in the metro area, most of which are very good. On a nice weather day, the Mississippi River downtown (Stone Arch Bridge), Minnehaha Falls, and the caves and cliffs just south of downtown St. Paul are fun to walk around. Duluth is a cool city, too, and a good summer weekend trip (2.5 hr drive).

Endeavor is a great regional to start at, and you'll work with some really awesome people on the dispatch floor. Some advice I have:
  • Be humble, eager to learn, and receptive of constructive criticism and suggestions from your trainers/coworkers. Nothing will irk them more than a new person that acts like a cocky, conceited know-it-all. How you work with others is just as important as how much you know about dispatching.
  • You're going to make a lot of mistakes when you first start; own up to and learn from them.
  • Aviation is a small industry, and dispatch is a very small subset of the industry. All dispatchers and supervisors/managers are only a few degrees of separation apart, at most. If you develop a bad reputation, it will get around to other airlines, majors, etc. Avoid burning bridges.
  • Be personable and friendly with your coworkers and managers, help them out when they need it, and show them that you're trying your hardest. When your coworkers move on to jobs at majors/mid-tier airlines/other internal jobs, and their manager comes up to them with your app in hand and says "Hey, did you work with this sam19ny person at 9E? Think they'd do well here?", their answer could decide the fate of your application.

Let me know if I can answer anything else for you. You're going to enjoy it there.

P.S. You do your FAM flight during your last week of OJT, right before you do your desk check and get fully signed off.

Last edited:
Congratulations. I recently left after 3.5 years there.

Use the 3 weeks you're in the hotel to figure out your housing situation. Multiple dispatchers popped into my initial training class saying they were looking for roommates. Talk to your classmates and see what they're doing. Keep an eye on Craigslist too; I found a cheap studio sublet for $500/mo for 2 months after the hotel. That gave me some time to figure out something more permanent. $800/mo won't get you much in the Twin Cities, but I've seen some bare-bones studios on Craigslist for around that price.

Minneapolis is my favorite city I've ever lived in. People are very friendly. Traffic isn't bad. Most neighborhoods are safe. There's a large population of young people right out of college. In the summer, the entire city comes to life. Patios and rooftops at bars, breweries, and restaurants open. Trees line the streets and fill the parks. Summertime activities like cycling, swimming, boating, fishing, and camping are very popular. There's always some fair or festival going on each weekend. Most days are hot enough to go swimming and most nights are cool enough to sleep with the windows open. It's a great place to be. (And don't take it for granted; the city I live in now is the complete opposite of the above, though it admittedly does have nicer winters.)

Yes, the winters are frigid, dark, snowy, and pretty miserable, but if you lived in North Dakota, you're used to worse already. Hop on one of the many seasonal direct flights to Mexico, Florida, or the Caribbean for a weekend if you need to warm up.

My favorite spots: The Nook in St. Paul and Lion's Tap in Eden Prairie for burgers, Cecil's in St. Paul for sandwiches, Parkway Pizza for pizza, Amore or Nightingale in Uptown for brunch. UpDown is a fun arcade bar in Lyn-Lake. If you like craft beer, there are dozens of breweries in the metro area, most of which are very good. On a nice weather day, the Mississippi River downtown (Stone Arch Bridge), Minnehaha Falls, and the caves and cliffs just south of downtown St. Paul are fun to walk around. Duluth is a cool city, too, and a good summer weekend trip (2.5 hr drive).

Endeavor is a great regional to start at, and you'll work with some really awesome people on the dispatch floor. Some advice I have:
  • Be humble, eager to learn, and receptive of constructive criticism and suggestions from your trainers/coworkers. Nothing will irk them more than a new person that acts like a cocky, conceited know-it-all. How you work with others is just as important as how much you know about dispatching.
  • You're going to make a lot of mistakes when you first start; own up to and learn from them.
  • Aviation is a small industry, and dispatch is a very small subset of the industry. All dispatchers and supervisors/managers are only a few degrees of separation apart, at most. If you develop a bad reputation, it will get around to other airlines, majors, etc. Avoid burning bridges.
  • Be personable and friendly with your coworkers and managers, help them out when they need it, and show them that you're trying your hardest. When your coworkers move on to jobs at majors/mid-tier airlines/other internal jobs, and their manager comes up to them with your app in hand and says "Hey, did you work with this sam19ny person at 9E? Think they'd do well here?", their answer could decide the fate of your application.

Let me know if I can answer anything else for you. You're going to enjoy it there.

P.S. You do your FAM flight during your last week of OJT, right before you do your desk check and get fully signed off.
Thanks for the specific details! Especially about advise for working there and for the future. I'll definitely let you know if I have any other questions. Looking forward to start my career with Endeavor!

Back