Endeavor Air - Honest answers

I started at Endeavor just last month. There's about 20 guys in my class and 16 of us were given the crj900, the other 4 guys got the 200. Still waiting to find out on domicile, hoping for MSP but given the pay I'm okay with any base.

We've been told to expect a 2 year CA upgrade and an opportunity to interview with Delta in 4 years. Classes are pretty full (20-25 new hires every 2 weeks), so that's good. I've been here less than 3 weeks and there's already roughly 30 pilots below me on the seniority list. Feel free to PM me with any questions :)

Can't see how medical is worse. We are on the delta (Cigna) network and it's pretty good. Folks keep talking about the bonus taxes and unfortunately don't understand irs tax rules. When paid, it's 25% federal, plus social security, state (if applicable), and Alpa dues. When you settle taxes for the year, it's no different in pay. If you pay less than 25%, you get money back. If you happen to pay 33%+ or more, you will still owe, just as you would if it was in you payrate on a bi-weekly schedule. It's simply a mandatory withholding rate. If all of that sounds Greek, ask you financial planner or CPA that does your taxes. Here is a link for bracket breakdowns on pay. If you and your wife both work and make about the same, without a bunch of kids, you may need to change your W-4 withholdings for your regular checks. Keep in mind this is AGI, meaning after deductions. It's basic tax planning when you run the numbers.

http://www.bankrate.com/finance/taxes/tax-brackets.aspx

Thanks for posting that yet AGAIN online

I started at Endeavor just last month. There's about 20 guys in my class and 16 of us were given the crj900, the other 4 guys got the 200. Still waiting to find out on domicile, hoping for MSP but given the pay I'm okay with any base.

We've been told to expect a 2 year CA upgrade and an opportunity to interview with Delta in 4 years. Classes are pretty full (20-25 new hires every 2 weeks), so that's good. I've been here less than 3 weeks and there's already roughly 30 pilots below me on the seniority list. Feel free to PM me with any questions :)

Really? I'm surprised they sent that big of a percentage of a class towards the 900. Either way, good luck with the rest of training.

Yup the cockpit space is exactly the same and your bags still go in the aft cabin.

Good packs, slats, and FADEC do make it a far better and more enjoyable operating environment

Sure. But what gets you more flight time and in base/seat/aircraft seniority faster. After going to the big plane at the regionals I now realize it put me way behind in flight hours compared to people in my seniority block who flew the 200.

Sure. But what gets you more flight time and in base/seat/aircraft seniority faster. After going to the big plane at the regionals I now realize it put me way behind in flight hours compared to people in my seniority block who flew the 200.
Can't argue with that logic, completely agree!

That's the only reason I'm switching to the 900 in July. I want my 1000SIC and ability to upgrade and the 9 blocks out WAY more hours than the 2.

That's the only reason I'm switching to the 900 in July. I want my 1000SIC and ability to upgrade and the 9 blocks out WAY more hours than the 2.

You mean sitting reserve on the 900 is going to get you to 1000 quicker than flying a line on the 200? That's surprising. At my seniority, I couldn't hold a 900 line in DTW yet, however I'm right at 50% on the 200 in DTW.

The extra 5-10 hours a month is negligible compared to just staying on the 200 and picking up a trip here or there.

You mean sitting reserve on the 900 is going to get you to 1000 quicker than flying a line on the 200? That's surprising. At my seniority, I couldn't hold a 900 line in DTW yet, however I'm right at 50% on the 200 in DTW.

The extra 5-10 hours a month is negligible compared to just staying on the 200 and picking up a trip here or there.

No, I can hold a line easily on the 900 now. Looking at the awarded lines I can block out and credit 25-30 hours more on the 9. Well worth for me.

No, I can hold a line easily on the 900 now. Looking at the awarded lines I can block out and credit 25-30 hours more on the 9. Well worth for me.

Really? That's very surprising, but I suppose it depends on how you bid and, what base you're in, more than anything as well. I've been getting 75-80 block the way I'm bidding, plus then picking up, I've found I can get above 80 block fairly easily. The best I could do on the 900 in base is hold a very junior CDO line, which, forget that.

Really? That's very surprising, but I suppose it depends on how you bid and, what base you're in, more than anything as well. I've been getting 75-80 block the way I'm bidding, plus then picking up, I've found I can get above 80 block fairly easily. The best I could do on the 900 in base is hold a very junior CDO line, which, forget that.

MSP-200 for the FOs the last few months has all been right at 75 hours credit and around 55 block. We don't have near the opentime selection as DTW either. There was a guy Jr. to me on the 900 that was awarded 102 credit and 95 block. That'll sure help with the time building!

MSP-200 for the FOs the last few months has all been right at 75 hours credit and around 55 block. We don't have near the opentime selection as DTW either. There was a guy Jr. to me on the 900 that was awarded 102 credit and 95 block. That'll sure help with the time building!

Oh that makes sense, MSP 200 is slim pickin. In that case, yeah, I can see swapping over to the 900.

What isn't cute is someone at a place that works without a CBA being critical of a place with a CBA that has separate categories to allow more $$$ into the pilot's pockets.

They have a much better system in place than an 'override'.

The extra pay isn't coming from the separate categories....It's coming from the need to keep people at an airline that was on the brink of failure. If you take out bonuses, the Endeavor people would be making far less than any SkyWest pilot, even without the override system. The SkyWest guys also have scheduling flexibility that pilots at other regionals don't. It's a huge QOL thing that would get crushed with separate categories. The question is, what will happen with Endeavor pay and QOL when Big Daddy D decides it doesn't want to own them anymore. Every regional is someone's bitch, but Endeavor has nowhere to run when it's master is done with it.

The extra pay isn't coming from the separate categories....It's coming from the need to keep people at an airline that was on the brink of failure. If you take out bonuses, the Endeavor people would be making far less than any SkyWest pilot, even without the override system. The SkyWest guys also have scheduling flexibility that pilots at other regionals don't. It's a huge QOL thing that would get crushed with separate categories. The question is, what will happen with Endeavor pay and QOL when Big Daddy D decides it doesn't want to own them anymore. Every regional is someone's bitch, but Endeavor has nowhere to run when it's master is done with it.

Yes, because there are so many regionals out there that could absorb 81 900's and upwards of 60 200's overnight...

Endeavor is not going to get sold anytime soon. They are doing a very good job. Yes I just said that. I do know separate categories creates more jobs as well but keep drinking that Utah Kool Aid.

Back