Endeavor Air - Honest answers

I just don't understand why they are making this a big secret. Last I heard BW talk they said they are working on something, but wouldn't tell us anything about it. Now it sounds like they have said that they will release their plan within a month(ish), but still won't hint to what it is. If our staffing really is getting bad (it is) and they can't find anyone to show up for class (they can't) you think they would give us a heads up as to what they are working on. That way we could possibly go out and try to recruit others to come work for us. I just don't understand waiting a few months to announce what they are working on when we need people in class yesterday.

I bet you guys are taking on the name "Surejet"

If they DO go with something where "all new hires get a number at Delta" and don't extend that to the current employees, morale will be the lowest EVER there. The current employees will feel under appreciated and that the don't matter. That's never a good thing for any company. New guys won't get the help from the current employees because the OG employees will resent the fact that they got special treatment just for showing up to class. It's a Bad Move if they go that route. Sure, they'll be able to fill classes, but the doors will wind up closing for other reasons. They will either see a staffing crunch on the other end of the seniority spectrum (which will make the bean counters happy while they still have jobs) or things will fall apart so much, Delta will say "Screw it." and shutter the place while sending the -900s to other DCI carriers, likely on a 2 for 1 trade on -200s.

Captain upgrade I'm paired with interviewed at Delta back in the 80's I believe. They had shrinks back then, he didn't get hired due to the psych eval. He found out later the shrink shot himself in the head. So maybe it's not all about people being on the "A" game.

That being said any place with a flow thru, personally, I would hope would give a second chance especially if you have a great record at your company, since they have access to that info.

There is still psychological screening, but there is no clarification on why they would choose to discontinue the applicant evaluation process. People presume it's A, B or C but divulging something on that level would be a litigious nightmare.

I could never figure out why someone would post on the net in such a manner that they need to hide behind a screen name. I have my profile and background on a link at JC for the benefit of anyone who cares to read it. My name is on it as is my email. Then you have guys that come across as total dweebs on the net and you understand their concern for anonymity. It's just dumb that you would enjoy running around ticking off people in a biz where networking is everything. To each his own, I guess.

The expectation of anonymity on the internet is folly. The "back chatter" is pretty vast. On the least, everyone knows someone that knows somebody and that information flows pretty freely! :)

The expectation of anonymity on the internet is folly. The "back chatter" is pretty vast. On the least, everyone knows someone that knows somebody and that information flows pretty freely! :)
Especially over a bottle of scotchy scotch and Rocky Patels....

So it's been more then two years
What's the current scenario with endeavor. They are certainly paying the highest first year pay.
What are the current reserve and upgrade times?

So it's been more then two years
What's the current scenario with endeavor. They are certainly paying the highest first year pay.
What are the current reserve and upgrade times?

Holy thread revival batman!

Not to talk about another site, but if you go on APC under the regionals section there is an endeavor thread that is very long and holds about every Q&A you could imagine. Grab a six pack and read through it.

To summarize, it's 180 degrees from 2 years ago. Still highest first year pay and latest upgrade was a May 2015 hire.

Hope it helps.

Reserve, especially on the -200, is very short. Still have excellent pay, our contract is slowly getting better and better, and we're expanding our flying. If you have any specific questions feel free to shoot me a PM at anytime!

Someone that has a username that rhymes with V1VaLaBob should have just sucked it up and stayed at Endeavor.

Cant believe Id be going on year 8.

I did about 6 weeks of reserve (2ish in MSP, 4 in DTW) then I held a line since then. Decent amount of open time to pick up, if you really need to make that extra $$$. Of course, living in base makes that easier, but it can be done. I think June would have been the first month that I could have finally held a line on the 900 in DTW, versus bidding right around 50% or so on the 200 already.

Not sure that any new hires have been given LGA or JFK 200 FO spots yet, but I would imagine that the class starting this coming week or the one after that will start to see new hires pushed towards NYC for a while.

Someone that has a username that rhymes with V1VaLaBob should have just sucked it up and stayed at Endeavor.

Cant believe Id be going on year 8.

For some reason, things happen for a reason. For some it's greener pastures, for some it's status quo, for others it's a blessing in disguise (personally, VERY true), for others it's a walk into the unknown. In the end, it seems this market will let everyone escape in pretty good shape. To each their own. If I was hired by us airways or atlas when I interviewed, I would have been completely screwed with losing my medical in the first year. By no fault of anyone, but my own body, out of nowhere. It's life. Live it, love it, and make the best decisions in the time. Life with figure out the rest. Damn, it's a big step off this friggin soap box.

Reserve, especially on the -200, is very short. Still have excellent pay, our contract is slowly getting better and better, and we're expanding our flying. If you have any specific questions feel free to shoot me a PM at anytime!

How is a bankruptcy contract slowly, getting better and better. Without section six, honest question?

How is a bankruptcy contract slowly, getting better and better. Without section six, honest question?

Things like 150% for all opentime, 100% for deadheads, commuting in during your call out period first day of reserve, the extra $23,000 we all get, and 150% pay for credit over 85 hours. That, and the management seem to treat is with respect and appreciation for hitting all of our performance goals for the last year.

With the upgrade times falling drastically and the ability to live in base, I could not be happier that I chose to fly with Endeavor.

Endeavor is an incredible turn around story. IMO best deal in the regional industry. Hard to beat 50k starting pay and 1 year upgrades. Brave new world in the regional industry. That kind of starting pay and career progression were unheard of just a couple years ago. Great time to be an airline pilot.

Holy thread revival batman!

Not to talk about another site, but if you go on APC under the regionals section there is an endeavor thread that is very long and holds about every Q&A you could imagine. Grab a six pack and read through it.

To summarize, it's 180 degrees from 2 years ago. Still highest first year pay and latest upgrade was a May 2015 hire.

Hope it helps.

Well cut my legs off and call me shorty.

Damn! That's pretty impressive.

Endeavor is an incredible turn around story. IMO best deal in the regional industry. Hard to beat 50k starting pay and 1 year upgrades. Brave new world in the regional industry. That kind of starting pay and career progression were unheard of just a couple years ago. Great time to be an airline pilot.

After taxes ($23k bonus) & med deductibles, etc... is that take home pay still industry leading vs Republic?

Honest question... anyone with inside info on Repubic /Endevor take home JFK based thanks.

After taxes ($23k bonus) & med deductibles, etc... is that take home pay still industry leading vs Republic?

Honest question... anyone with inside info on Repubic /Endevor take home JFK based thanks.
Yes. It's a common misconception that bonuses are taxed differently. At the end of the year when you file your taxes any extra taken out from the bonus is returned to you

Can't see how medical is worse. We are on the delta (Cigna) network and it's pretty good. Folks keep talking about the bonus taxes and unfortunately don't understand irs tax rules. When paid, it's 25% federal, plus social security, state (if applicable), and Alpa dues. When you settle taxes for the year, it's no different in pay. If you pay less than 25%, you get money back. If you happen to pay 33%+ or more, you will still owe, just as you would if it was in you payrate on a bi-weekly schedule. It's simply a mandatory withholding rate. If all of that sounds Greek, ask you financial planner or CPA that does your taxes. Here is a link for bracket breakdowns on pay. If you and your wife both work and make about the same, without a bunch of kids, you may need to change your W-4 withholdings for your regular checks. Keep in mind this is AGI, meaning after deductions. It's basic tax planning when you run the numbers.

http://www.bankrate.com/finance/taxes/tax-brackets.aspx

Back