Endeavor Air - Honest answers

No. The FB delete was just a couple months ago. All that stuff you mentioned was much longer ago. That was circa 2011/2012. As for strife, I only had 3 guys on the animosity scale - the 9E merger committee. XJ and 9L were never my company, I left before that. Glad you and your online stalking buddies got a good laugh! Sounds about par from what I expected from the likes of you. Difference is I used that time and channeled it into doing better things like leaving. I don't FB stalk, I don't put faces and pictures to identities. Whatever floats your boat. I'm done arguing this beaten horse. Good day.
Faces and pictures? No dear me, you in person then the internet personality I found out about later. Though frame it however you need to.

Anyway. You continue drifting into these conversations, when you should just drift away. Do something about that.

I could never figure out why someone would post on the net in such a manner that they need to hide behind a screen name. I have my profile and background on a link at JC for the benefit of anyone who cares to read it. My name is on it as is my email. Then you have guys that come across as total dweebs on the net and you understand their concern for anonymity. It's just dumb that you would enjoy running around ticking off people in a biz where networking is everything. To each his own, I guess.

I could never figure out why someone would post on the net in such a manner that they need to hide behind a screen name. I have my profile and background on a link at JC for the benefit of anyone who cares to read it. My name is on it as is my email. Then you have guys that come across as total dweebs on the net and you understand their concern for anonymity. It's just dumb that you would enjoy running around ticking off people in a biz where networking is everything. To each his own, I guess.
This, x1,000,000!

Why people don't understand that this community, not just the JC community, but the aviation community is really, really small baffles me. You can hide behind screen names, try to be anonymous, but in the end, somebody knows somebody. Like Don was saying, it's not what you know but who you know at this point in your career. Don't burn bridges.

Why people don't understand that this community, not just the JC community, but the aviation community is really, really small baffles me. You can hide behind screen names, try to be anonymous, but in the end, somebody knows somebody. Like Don was saying, it's not what you know but who you know at this point in your career. Don't burn bridges.
"May the bridges I burn light the way"

You+win+the+internet+_bea9353916c5b19601a4ce107b21e733.jpg

Now that we've derailed this thread. I hope potential new hires see what this place does to pilots.

Sounds like ASA is stacking pilots into class like cordwood, ive got a recruiters contact if anyone needs it :)

Last edited:
jynxyjoe said:
Now that we've derailed this thread. I hope potential new hires see what this place does to pilots. Sounds like ASA is stacking pilots into class lime cordwood, ive got a recruiters contact if anyone needs it :)
ASA? 8)

They're still and always will be ASA to me.

Why?

I joke often about being pre-merger Pinnacle. But I have enjoyed flying with Mesaba and Colgan guys. Kool Aid as it may be, I agree with and understand the purpose of a name change.

If it's always "ASA to [you]", then old timers here should refer to this place as Express I or Express II.

Just sayin'....

Why?

I joke often about being pre-merger Pinnacle. But I have enjoyed flying with Mesaba and Colgan guys. Kool Aid as it may be, I agree with and understand the purpose of a name change.

If it's always "ASA to [you]", then old timers here should refer to this place as Express I or Express II.

Just sayin'....

I don't work at Express, or ASA, so it's not really an ego thing for me. It's just that ERJ=Express CRJ=ASA. Just easier to keep them straight.

I never ran into many xjt'ers, but a lot of ASAers and thats what comes to mind first. But I still call Silver Gulfstream.

Why?

Just sayin'....

They do. It's often followed with "Back when I flew the Saab......." At least on the ex-Pinnacle side.

I was one of the "We're one group, we should just get along" people when I was there. Then I got stabbed in the back multiple times by the other two groups, so I just said screw it. You can change the name, but it won't change the attitudes. Expecting two airlines that were literally stoked by their respective managements to despise each other to suddenly play nice is unrealistic. You might have a few guys here and there that get along (like me and Joe, but that even pre-dates the merger), but as pilot groups as a whole, until a lot of the old timers move on to other places, you're still going to have that simmering under the surface. Look at places like US Air/America West and Northwest/Republic. How long have THOSE feuds been going. Problem is, you have to wait for the pre-merger guys to retire. At Endeavor, you just have to wait for them to leave. Maybe retire.

It's a first merger for a lot of us. BK kills moral and we've been given no hope except no furloughs because Delta thinks that's more merciful for us. I think Endeavor crews are doing well under the circumstances.

If we can't staff we'll be shut down. Right now we can't staff but a plan is being formulated (so I'm told). Early word from the check airmen is that we're looking at a SS-SSP. That's right, a Super Special SSP. It will be exactly like the old one, but with the words Super Special in front of it.

It's a first merger for a lot of us. BK kills moral and we've been given no hope except no furloughs because Delta thinks that's more merciful for us. I think Endeavor crews are doing well under the circumstances.

If we can't staff we'll be shut down. Right now we can't staff but a plan is being formulated (so I'm told). Early word from the check airmen is that we're looking at a SS-SSP. That's right, a Super Special SSP. It will be exactly like the old one, but with the words Super Special in front of it.

I just don't understand why they are making this a big secret. Last I heard BW talk they said they are working on something, but wouldn't tell us anything about it. Now it sounds like they have said that they will release their plan within a month(ish), but still won't hint to what it is. If our staffing really is getting bad (it is) and they can't find anyone to show up for class (they can't) you think they would give us a heads up as to what they are working on. That way we could possibly go out and try to recruit others to come work for us. I just don't understand waiting a few months to announce what they are working on when we need people in class yesterday.

I just don't understand why they are making this a big secret. Last I heard BW talk they said they are working on something, but wouldn't tell us anything about it. Now it sounds like they have said that they will release their plan within a month(ish), but still won't hint to what it is. If our staffing really is getting bad (it is) and they can't find anyone to show up for class (they can't) you think they would give us a heads up as to what they are working on. That way we could possibly go out and try to recruit others to come work for us. I just don't understand waiting a few months to announce what they are working on when we need people in class yesterday.
Unfortunately, the lack of answers is the answers.

Just keep the resume updated, it'll be alright.

Back