Endeavor Air - Honest answers

^ I doubt the Delta interview would be when they meet the mins. They would only have to fly at XJT for a year or so...

"They also claim that the company is working on an "industry changing" method to attract pilots but not sure what it is."

I bet Delta comes up with a program with the Riddle type schools where they promise an interview at Delta (think Comair Academy) and promise a right seat RJ job at 1000 hours if you go to said school. They will offer loans to get the kid through school and flight training. Zero time kid to guaranteed Delta interview (not job). The perfect carrot for Riddle type schools.

Unfortunately, this probably makes the most sense of all the options. Especially since ERAU needs a way to keep justifying they're $200k price tag. "Hey you'll be at Delta before your 30 and have a shot to pay off your student loans w/o risking default!"

Is Riddle finally having trouble filling classes? Last I saw (much to my chagrin), they were killing it.

Unfortunately, this probably makes the most sense of all the options. Especially since ERAU needs a way to keep justifying they're THEIR $200k price tag. "Hey you'll be at Delta before your 30 and have a shot to pay off your student loans w/o risking default!"
Come on man! I expect better from you!

Is Riddle finally having trouble filling classes? Last I saw (much to my chagrin), they were killing it.

If anything they are struggling with CFI's not class sizes. The regionals swoop them up the second they can get that R-ATP..maybe even sooner...

If anything they are struggling with CFI's not class sizes. The regionals swoop them up the second they can get that R-ATP..maybe even sooner...
They dealt with that in 2000 as well. Gotta start paying, rich parents seem to be plentiful, pass the costs on to mom and pop riddle.

When was the last you saw? I was furloughed from a CFI job at the PRC campus in January of 2009 because... no new students showed up.

Man, small world heh. Haven't really gotten it out to "many" as it were. Thanks!

Hey man, I didn't tell a sole that doesn't live with me. :) Since it's out there now, I'll say congrats on here, too.

I don't really know the details on the SSP, but I know the guys I've heard that interviewed at Delta and go the "No," then that was it. No re-applying. Not sure if that's true of the SSP or not, but the "no apply" thing is another reason I didn't want to go to Delta. I think you might eliminate a good chunk of quality guys because they didn't have their A+ game one day. Get it twice, then maybe.

On this side, we're seeing at LEAST one or two Pinnacle guys in a new hire class, and we're running a new class every two weeks right now. Most of them are FOs. My assumption is the CAs are focusing on Delta or other legacies (if I lived in DTW or MSP, jetBlue probably wouldn't be my FIRST choice unless I was planning on moving). A rather large chunk of the guys are JFK based, so jetBlue makes a lot of sense there.

I could certainly see something like what was suggested with the Riddle/Endeavor/Delta progression, but I don't think it would be "industry chaning." We've already got a similar "gateway" here where Riddle grads go to Cape Air for a while then interview with Blue. It doesn't have a lot of fans.

I remember back I the day they had a program like that at UND. How many years do you have to fly at Cape to get an interview?

(Not a bash on Cape Air at all)

No idea. I know there was a program at one point at Pinnacle (back when it was called Pinnacle) that the grads from somewhere in Michigan didn't even have to interview. It was "Get your degree, come on down." That was desperate. UND at least had to interview.

Back