Earphones

I like in-ears with a good fitting seal, I can be more active and feel that they provide better hearing protection and can run at a lower volume with better bass response, so less likely to cause hearing damage from trying to over-power ambient noise. I dont like to spend too much because I know they will inevitably get broken. Have had good luck with JBuds and AVIO. Running some harsh dynamically squashed MP3 while running...works good.

I've had the Brainwavz B2 for about a year. Love them, but might not be bassy enough for you.

VSonic GR07 are very popular. I've never listened to them, but from what I've read they seem like a good fit for you. Both should be around $150.

Plenty of other options around if those don't do it for ya.

I have been using the top of line yurbuds Ironman series the last few weeks. I like them a lot, and they only cost $70.

Jaybird Bluebuds X. Bluetooth, sweatproof, great battery life. Only downside is the balance. If you only have one side in, the other side is heavier and tends to get pulled down by gravity.

p25552b-a8e782fb1add5a32be436d55470191e3.jpg

I go through a set of $20 cheapos every 3 months. For $150, those biotches better either put me live in front of FloRida or last 2 years!

Why do you need earphones? Just carry around boom boxes like it's the 1980's all over again and you're starring in the movie Juice.

Way too biased here but..

I'm a hard core B&W fan so P3, and their IEMs are cool. But they are pricey. Although if you want to go cheap. Snag some iGrados. If the cable goes bad you can get it redone for 25 bucks.

I bought a pair of these and was very pleasantly surprised with the sound. http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-RPH...F8&qid=1373157783&sr=8-4&keywords=jvc+earbuds

They are in ear, but that's what I prefer for working out. I own a pair of higher end Sennheiser and Audio Technica headphones I use for audio mixing and for most applications the cheapo Panasonic earbuds perform just as well. Some examples would be while working out, deadheading, and cutting my grass. If it's completely quiet and I'm trying to mix/edit audio I prefer the Audio Technica headphones because they do a better job of handling a full range of tones. But if you're working out or riding in an airplane with background wind noise, recirc fans, etc... the Panasonic earbuds do an exceptional job.

Another vote for the jaybirds x. Hit the gym 5 times a week, sweat my butt off, and these things stay in place and do a great job canceling out background noise. The bluetooth reception goes a good distance as well. Placed my phone at one side of the basketball court and no breaks in signal anywhere on the court.

Back