Drug Mule!

Everyone knows drugs are best hidden in oil drums, especially blue meth. Don't understand what these fools think they're up to.

Good to know the info about TSA. Didn't realize they could pull any crewmember for pat down for any reason. I thought we we're relatively immune to their annoyances.

I find it amazing crew members still do this. Whenever I fly back to the states we always get the full treatment complete with a dog waiting for us in the jet bridge. I always think only an idiot would try. I guess I was right.

The lesson here is that you shouldn't transport illegal drugs, the CIA hates competition.

F affirmative. Except I think the next cartel war you'll start to see is company vs border. Talk about scope creep... Along with random, completely unjustified searches of planes on purely domestic flights, border is also now all over CA and SA. Hard to tell if it's simply bucking for a promotion and budget, or if their leadership has left the reservation.
This particular incident doesn't smell right to me. This thing smells like someone was testing systems. Way too amateur for prime time.

I find it amazing crew members still do this. Whenever I fly back to the states we always get the full treatment complete with a dog waiting for us in the jet bridge. I always think only an idiot would try. I guess I was right.
What's even better if how big of idiots some of the smugglers are. I took a tour of CBP facilities in MIA. Got to stand in passport box, went behind the scenes, dog training, command center etc.. The stories I heard were the best parts.

First when I was in the passport box a woman came in with a fraudulent passport. It had tape and coupons in it. The picture of the computer was a white Canadian woman, she was a black Haitian.

The best story was when two CBP agents in their fatigue gear were just waiting at a jetway, with nothing in mind other to just be a visible prescene. Anyway a guy walks up to them and says "how did you know I was on this flight" puts his hands up to be handcuffed. Jokes of him if he kept walking they wouldn't have done a thing.

Wasn't there some big dust-up a few years ago where an entire MAC crew was caught smuggling some ludicrous amount of X out of Europe? Go big or go home.

I think it was a C5 pilot and load master that got busted with pills. I think I remember reading the pilot went to jail.

On a side note, 1.3 tons of cocain smuggled on a CAS-CDG Air France flight, an Avianca copilot busted with $80k, the business is going strong...

Good to know the info about TSA. Didn't realize they could pull any crewmember for pat down for any reason. I thought we we're relatively immune to their annoyances.

TSA can also do a documents check on you of your pilot documents, just like the FAA and LEOs can.

But only if you're a pilot, not if you're a Flight Engineer.

Interesting. I guess what it comes down to is I have no idea what they can and can't do so my rights could easily be violated. Anyone know of a source of guidelines? I tried searching ALPA but couldn't find anything.

They still can't take the documents though right? You only have to surrender your license to the FAA. Can TSA detain a uniformed crew member for questioning? I didn't realize they had so much power over us.

Back