Drug Mule!

Interesting. I guess what it comes down to is I have no idea what they can and can't do so my rights could easily be violated. Anyone know of a source of guidelines? I tried searching ALPA but couldn't find anything.

They still can't take the documents though right? You only have to surrender your license to the FAA. Can TSA detain a uniformed crew member for questioning? I didn't realize they had so much power over us.

I kinda think the powers that be used 9/11 as a gateway to loosen up laws so you CAN have these things done to you and it's not really violating your rights at all. I'm not as savvy as some, but there are loophole clauses being slipped in that have made the Bill of Rights into Swiss cheese.

... and the fact that the TSA has so much power is extra scary considering how many of them are mouth-breathing window-lickers...

And did every one see the news where the website The Silk Road was just busted. Check it out, very 'book smart guy'....In the two years the feds were trying to crack it, the site did over 1 Billion in sales. You could order anything you wanted to snort, smoke, shoot, or <insert method>......

I kinda think the powers that be used 9/11 as a gateway to loosen up laws so you CAN have these things done to you and it's not really violating your rights at all. I'm not as savvy as some, but there are loophole clauses being slipped in that have made the Bill of Rights into Swiss cheese.

... and the fact that the TSA has so much power is extra scary considering how many of them are mouth-breathing window-lickers...
dfw just had a huge group of tsa involved with black market sales of parking passes since they didn't want to pay the 38$/month for their shuttle lot, yup this is the wall between us and Osama

dfw just had a huge group of tsa involved with black market sales of parking passes since they didn't want to pay the 38$/month for their shuttle lot, yup this is the wall between us and Osama

Yeah- my crew was just talking about that. I can't believe the agency would back-end charge them for that like that. It's just asking for graft.

The really funny thing is, there's nothing secure at all about the employee parking in the remote lot. The ONLY reason for the badges is to make sure they're not losing parking revenue. If you read the back of the badge, there's a disclaimer basically saying that there is no real security and you're on your own and they owe you nothing.

The recently redid the bus route and stops and repainted all the lines- and made it ADA compliant with the appropriate number of handicapped spaces. The problem is that because of the work we do here, there's almost zero people that qualify to park in said spaces- which just made life harder on the rest of us. Sooooo.. small wonder somebody was willing to rob them blind. *shrugs*

I hope anybody found using a bogus pass loses their badge, though. Receipt of stolen goods by security personnel? Nope, nope, nope.

Put it in the wheel well during pre-flight, drop the gear at a designated point where you have a ground handler there to collect. Cash a fat check and fly float planes the rest of your life.

If you try this I waive all liability, but request a 1% cut. :D

This...

This reads like a report of a pre-set sting operation.

which answers another question in the thread that asked why were the employees being screened.

0001.jpg
0002.jpg
0003.jpg

Parts of the affidavit for your perusal. I'm following the case closely because I've known the suspect for 8 years. I have not talked to her since the story broke and don't imagine I will anytime soon.

I do know for certain that the DEA agents were in the jetbridge waiting for the plane to arrive.

On the title page you see it was close to a two week investigation.
4. Shows that all info hasn't been released to the court, therefore neither the media.
5. Backs up my knowledge that they were already there and were not called.

She is a single mom with two kids. Poor decision on her part (allegedly) but still she's in my prayers.

Yeah- my crew was just talking about that. I can't believe the agency would back-end charge them for that like that. It's just asking for graft.

The really funny thing is, there's nothing secure at all about the employee parking in the remote lot. The ONLY reason for the badges is to make sure they're not losing parking revenue. If you read the back of the badge, there's a disclaimer basically saying that there is no real security and you're on your own and they owe you nothing.

The recently redid the bus route and stops and repainted all the lines- and made it ADA compliant with the appropriate number of handicapped spaces. The problem is that because of the work we do here, there's almost zero people that qualify to park in said spaces- which just made life harder on the rest of us. Sooooo.. small wonder somebody was willing to rob them blind. *shrugs*

I hope anybody found using a bogus pass loses their badge, though. Receipt of stolen goods by security personnel? Nope, nope, nope.

That's pretty hideous that they charge the TSA people to park. I work twenty five miles and another county away from our main airport and even I have an airport ID. On the other hand, TSA at my airport is hands down the most confrontational and awful group of people I've even seen so maybe I'm a little happy if DFW is as bad as ours.

The last time I flew out I had an andriod tablet with attachable keyboard. Since tablets can be scanned with everything else I just left it with my pocket detritus with the keyboard clearly detached. Next thing I know one agent is shouting at me about whether or not my tablet is an Ipad while another is demanding I proceed through the scanner shoes on. In the confusion I admit it isn't an Ipad and try to go through the scanner, forgetting I have shoes on. Agent A ends up nose to nose with me informing me I think aviation safety is a joke and that laptops (errr it isn't a laptop, clearly, the keyboard is a foot away in the bin) have to be scanned separately and that my shoes have to be off to proceed through the scanner. Agent A cut me off three times as I tried to explain my mistake and apologize and each time I was told I was a threat to aviation safety and holding up the line.

The irony of the thing was I was being flown out to receive an award for safety.

This...

which answers another question in the thread that asked why were the employees being screened.

View attachment 25321 View attachment 25322 View attachment 25323

Parts of the affidavit for your perusal. I'm following the case closely because I've known the suspect for 8 years. I have not talked to her since the story broke and don't imagine I will anytime soon.

I do know for certain that the DEA agents were in the jetbridge waiting for the plane to arrive.

On the title page you see it was close to a two week investigation.
4. Shows that all info hasn't been released to the court, therefore neither the media.
5. Backs up my knowledge that they were already there and were not called.

She is a single mom with two kids. Poor decision on her part (allegedly) but still she's in my prayers.
Very, very poor decision indeed.

Yes poor decision, that might land her in jail... We are a very targeted crowd. This happened two years ago and was told to me by the captain who took the decision : it was in Rio. Crew gets the wake up call, everyone starts packing, captain room phone rings, and asked to go to one FA's room. While packing she found a taped package in her suitcase. Turns out it's 1kg of cocain. What to do ? After a while they decide to throw it all down the toilet. Looks like the room cleaning people planted it in her suitcase. Customs agents routinely check crews on the way back from South America, imagine what would have happened to that poor FA... Since then I always double check my luggage before packing...

The last time I flew out I had an andriod tablet with attachable keyboard. Since tablets can be scanned with everything else I just left it with my pocket detritus with the keyboard clearly detached. Next thing I know one agent is shouting at me about whether or not my tablet is an Ipad while another is demanding I proceed through the scanner shoes on. In the confusion I admit it isn't an Ipad and try to go through the scanner, forgetting I have shoes on.

I learned recently on both a trip from Rome to London, and then from London to IAD, that you have to take out the iPad or Tablet like you do a laptop, domestically.

You can leave your shoes on, though.

Odd.

I've heard that some have ports put in them claiming lap band but having a bag in the body cavity. Scary stuff.
On Nip/Tuck they had this girl come into their surgery office. She wanted her breast implants taken out. She was an immigrant from Drugistan, and they gang she paid to get her into the country said they'd put her to work as a model, but you gotta get implants. Well, the implants were filled with heroin. So when she gets to the states, the gang says that the implants were too big, gotta get different ones put in. So when she goes to the main characters office, the gangsters show up and make them remove the heroin filled implants and hand them over.
I'm now dumber for having seen that show.

That's pretty hideous that they charge the TSA people to park. I work twenty five miles and another county away from our main airport and even I have an airport ID. On the other hand, TSA at my airport is hands down the most confrontational and awful group of people I've even seen so maybe I'm a little happy if DFW is as bad as ours.

The last time I flew out I had an andriod tablet with attachable keyboard. Since tablets can be scanned with everything else I just left it with my pocket detritus with the keyboard clearly detached. Next thing I know one agent is shouting at me about whether or not my tablet is an Ipad while another is demanding I proceed through the scanner shoes on. In the confusion I admit it isn't an Ipad and try to go through the scanner, forgetting I have shoes on. Agent A ends up nose to nose with me informing me I think aviation safety is a joke and that laptops (errr it isn't a laptop, clearly, the keyboard is a foot away in the bin) have to be scanned separately and that my shoes have to be off to proceed through the scanner. Agent A cut me off three times as I tried to explain my mistake and apologize and each time I was told I was a threat to aviation safety and holding up the line.

The irony of the thing was I was being flown out to receive an award for safety.
I got angry just reading that.

I learned recently on both a trip from Rome to London, and then from London to IAD, that you have to take out the iPad or Tablet like you do a laptop, domestically.

You can leave your shoes on, though.

Odd.

When the ipad first came out they would ask you to take it out in the US too, anyway Rome to London is not a domestic trip. Often in Europe, at smaller airports there are no separate terminals for international and domestic flights, so everything falls under international regulations.

I miss traveling in Brazil, no liquid restriction, no need to take out your laptop, leave your belt on: if it rings lift your shirt and show it to the agent and you are good to go.

Back