Don't hold your breath! 180+ Facilities on hiring freeze

Has anyone learned anything new about the hiring freeze? If the HR reps don't know anything, does anybody know whom in the ATO we could contact to query for a timeframe?

There's not a hiring freeze. So if you call and ask about it, they'll tell you, "there's not a hiring freeze."

However, you can call the facilities you're interested in to see how full their hands are with current and incoming trainees. If there are a lot in proportion to the amount of trainers, then you can expect them to want to delay bringing in newcomers until they've caught up some. That's not a freeze in my book, but others seem to consider it as such.

There's not a hiring freeze. So if you call and ask about it, they'll tell you, "there's not a hiring freeze."

However, you can call the facilities you're interested in to see how full their hands are with current and incoming trainees. If there are a lot in proportion to the amount of trainers, then you can expect them to want to delay bringing in newcomers until they've caught up some. That's not a freeze in my book, but others seem to consider it as such.
Can I ask your source on that? I spoke with my HR rep today, and was told that my facility is 'on hold' pending action from the ATO. That would be a central delay, rather than facility managers trying to stem the inflow.

Actually... noticed this the other day. When you head out to your interview, you may want to go ahead and erase or buy out your iTunes collection beforehand. Or, you know, just not tell them about it. Whatev.

Cliff's Notes, if you don't get off on reading judicial stuff like I do: the guy was denied a security clearance due in part to him having a few hundred dollars worth of pirated software. Rough.

wow i skimed through it picking up the important details and i gotta say thats ruough though has taught me that if i get the job to not let anyone look at my computer or talk about my computer in anyway cuz i sure as hell may or may not be in that situation of having or not having pirated software on my computer.

^ see what i did there now the FAA cant prove i do or do not have pirated software on my computer :D

The good 'ole paper hold. Hopefully the FAA will get the airspace cleared ahead of ya'll before you have to hold...

Good luck with getting to the Academy. :rawk:

Actually... noticed this the other day. When you head out to your interview, you may want to go ahead and erase or buy out your iTunes collection beforehand. Or, you know, just not tell them about it. Whatev.

Cliff's Notes, if you don't get off on reading judicial stuff like I do: the guy was denied a security clearance due in part to him having a few hundred dollars worth of pirated software. Rough.

Something tells me that was a very LOW estimate! The guy said he continued the practice of download files illegally for over 15 years!!!

Plus he STOLE from his employer!!! These combined acts are why he was denied a clearance. I'm willing to bet Joe Schmoe who has a couple of downloaded songs will be OK

Well its true even facilities with BIG NEED are on freeze. Was informed today that all my clearances are in but hafta wait for the freeze to lift before slotted for OKC. :banghead:

Anyone have ANY idea when this is supposed to be lifted?

Well its true even facilities with BIG NEED are on freeze. Was informed today that all my clearances are in but hafta wait for the freeze to lift before slotted for OKC. :banghead:

Anyone have ANY idea when this is supposed to be lifted?

Supposed to be soon. I heard OKC will be going to a 24 hour schedule....but that was just a rumor going around.

It's funny because I have seen more than one person going to small facilities ( not you) claim to be safe from the freeze because they have spoken with a manager or an uncle or someone in the know....but the truth truth is...this isn't information they are telling facilities. The left hand really doesn't know what the right hand is doing. But we are all backed up and ready to go.:nana2:

Supposed to be soon. It's funny because I have seen more than one person going to small facilities ( not you) claim to be safe from the freeze because they have spoken with a manager or an uncle or someone in the know....but the truth truth is...this isn't information they are telling facilities. The left hand really doesn't know what the right hand is doing. But we are all backed up and ready to go.:nana2:

Any rumors how "soon" is soon?

Did your HR contact say the freeze is over?

well. i couldnt see a reason for NEW to have a freeze.

since the FAA likes to put same-facility trainees in the same class you might be waiting for me and the 2 others that my interviewer told me about who have NEW.

if that turns out to be the case (im totally not wishing it on you) im sorry:(

****EDIT****
I just noticed you got your class date!

Hopefully ill see you in a few months...and if not? ill see you at work:buck:

That's a department of defense clearance...diffrent from ours. I had a buddy who workes for boeing who was asked about illegall stuff on his comp. They just told him to erase it..They wont bring this up to you at your pepc. It shouldn't be a concern.

I started this thread...Got a call today from my HR guy and he said LAX was released to start hiring. He offered me March 18th! I'm speechless...it's really happening. Maybe this means the freeze is over, start calling your HR peeps.

Back