Don't hold your breath! 180+ Facilities on hiring freeze

Would they start the background without having a medical clearance? That would seem kind of a waste to me.

You could say the same about the reverse as well. Like any kind of pre-employment screening, they have to do them all regardless. The order in which they perform them is moot.

You could say the same about the reverse as well. Like any kind of pre-employment screening, they have to do them all regardless. The order in which they perform them is moot.

That was my point. One clearance at a time. Once you fail one....the rest are held up. Background or Medical first. My question was would they do them simultaneously?

That was my point. One clearance at a time. Once you fail one....the rest are held up. Background or Medical first. My question was would they do them simultaneously?

Keep in mind that some people have gotten class dates rather quickly after their medical, security, etc., came though. If they did everything one at a time, it would hold up the hiring process another 3-4 weeks at least. As some of us can attest, you can have a clearance or medical done for weeks before HR even finds out about it or processes it. With that in mind, would you really want them to schedule things one at a time?

I suppose if you made the assumption that the pre-employment process would DQ 30-40% of those selected, it would make sense to do things one at a time. But I suspect that after you deal with the people who had to re-take the MMPI and had a medical deferred, I'd guess the pass rate is probably in the 90%+ range.

You make a good point. I don't know what I was thinking by inferring the government would try to save any money anyway.

Much better to steal it from their employees and taxpaying citizens than actually try to avoid spending it in the first place.

You make a good point. I don't know what I was thinking by inferring the government would try to save any money anyway.

Much better to steal it from their employees and taxpaying citizens than actually try to avoid spending it in the first place.

No argument from me that the government needs to curtail its spending.

As uncoordinated as the process is right now, I can't imagine that spreading everything out would just make things worse, which would probably wipe out whatever cost savings you got from screening out a small number of people beforehand.

Just my .02

i talked to my hr rep today just to see what was goin on with my clearances. she told me that they were waiting on the medical but at this point it did not matter because my facility was part of the hiring freeze. I asked her if she had any idea when it would be lifted and she had no idea. You have to love the government. On to more waiting ...

Devil's Advocate here in thinking that this could be logical...I know, I know first mistake. Could facilities be counting those with TOL/FOL letters in their numbers hence those already having a start date at the academy wouldn't be counted in the hiring freeze? I ask this because my husband was informed in a meeting in early January by his training manager for his facility that there was on a hiring freeze for his facility. I know of people (from on here) that have a date for AFTER the manager told his group about the freeze. Could some of the facilities that are on hiring freeze be on that freeze with the anticipated new hires that already have TOL/FOL? This is a QUESTION, not a statement...I am trying to be more careful as to not add to rumor mill :) I am wondering what some of the others think of this thought, if this could be possible or not.

Devil's Advocate here in thinking that this could be logical...I know, I know first mistake. Could facilities be counting those with TOL/FOL letters in their numbers hence those already having a start date at the academy wouldn't be counted in the hiring freeze? I ask this because my husband was informed in a meeting in early January by his training manager for his facility that there was on a hiring freeze for his facility. I know of people (from on here) that have a date for AFTER the manager told his group about the freeze. Could some of the facilities that are on hiring freeze be on that freeze with the anticipated new hires that already have TOL/FOL? This is a QUESTION, not a statement...I am trying to be more careful as to not add to rumor mill :) I am wondering what some of the others think of this thought, if this could be possible or not.

My manager at KNEW knows nothing about it so I'm hoping that im good.

i heard all the instructors at the academy are going on strike

Aren't all or most of the ATC instructors at the Academy contractors from Raytheon? That whole transition just took place like 4 or 5 months ago and they're already complaining about QOL and pay issues to the point of going on strike? What's going on in OKC?

I heard the instructors are really the martians from the simpsons....and they are secrectly trying to take over the leadership positions in both the FAA and NATCA. With everyone distracted by the huge debates that ensue they are going to run up jet travel to unprecidented levels causing an increasing in global warming. This paves the way for a new ice age. This is a sign that whooly Mamoths are returning to earth fight their epic galactic fight against the robotic-ape Santa and his robotic chickens from the future-past...

Also, Alec Baldwin and the aliens from the Hulu conspiricy are involved too..Their aliens, thats just how they roll..but your puny brains wouldn't be able to comprehend it anyway..so I wont bother.

Cmon folks...do you think I could make this #### up? Follow the logic.

I spoke with a CPC at my facility yesterday. No word of a hiring freeze for my future place of employment!

I heard the instructors are really the martians from the simpsons....and they are secrectly trying to take over the leadership positions in both the FAA and NATCA. With everyone distracted by the huge debates that ensue they are going to run up jet travel to unprecidented levels causing an increasing in global warming. This paves the way for a new ice age. This is a sign that whooly Mamoths are returning to earth fight their epic galactic fight against the robotic-ape Santa and his robotic chickens from the future-past...

Also, Alec Baldwin and the aliens from the Hulu conspiricy are involved too..Their aliens, thats just how they roll..but your puny brains wouldn't be able to comprehend it anyway..so I wont bother.

Cmon folks...do you think I could make this #### up? Follow the logic.

Damn you. You figured out the vast conspiricy that is taking over ATC :p

Back