Do the big airlines do charters?

ozone

I’m in a group of 400 people from MN who are all going on a trip to Europe this summer. The travel agency put us on (what seems to me) to be a crazy flight plan: We leave MSP at 6am, Goto Houston, then fly to London at 5pm Houston time.
The way back is similarly crazy in that we take multiple buses to Munich, then to Boston, and Back to MSP.

I was wondering, for a group this large, if there was a less crazy ( even cheaper), way to charter a plane from MSP direct to London and then do the same for the Munich to MSP trip back.

I’m surprised there isn’t a business model for this type of flight. The group is the ambassadors of music program, and they do this type of trip for almost all 50 states…every summer.

I believe all the big 3 do charters

Flew the TCU football team last year, it’s a nice change of pace

I’m in a group of 400 people from MN who are all going on a trip to Europe this summer. The travel agency put us on (what seems to me) to be a crazy flight plan: We leave MSP at 6am, Goto Houston, then fly to London at 5pm Houston time.
The way back is similarly crazy in that we take multiple buses to Munich, then to Boston, and Back to MSP.

I was wondering, for a group this large, if there was a less crazy ( even cheaper), way to charter a plane from MSP direct to London and then do the same for the Munich to MSP trip back.

I’m surprised there isn’t a business model for this type of flight. The group is the ambassadors of music program, and they do this type of trip for almost all 50 states…every summer.

I’ve flown quite a few charters, yes. Most airlines have a charter department that you would have to contact directly.

What @ASpilot2be said. 2 74s can accommodate that size. The agency can just contact via the web.

Since you're going to the UK, I wonder if chartering a British Airways A380 would be an option? They apparently have 469 seats so you could accommodate everyone on 1 flight.

So I'm more curious then anything but is everyone travelling at exactly the same time? I can't even imagine the complexity of figuring that out.

Since you're going to the UK, I wonder if chartering a British Airways A380 would be an option? They apparently have 469 seats so you could accommodate everyone on 1 flight.
If your going to charter a plane do you want to ride in economy class? Who gets to ride in first?

Do we do sports charters and other events? Yes. Do we charter specific one off requests like a group event? No idea. I mean we did just let a captain charter a 330 for his retirement so I’d venture to guess, yes for the right price. Lol

Do we do sports charters and other events? Yes. Do we charter specific one off requests like a group event? No idea. I mean we did just let a captain charter a 330 for his retirement so I’d venture to guess, yes for the right price. Lol
Is the “right price” ever cheaper than a regularly scheduled part 121 flight?

The one time a asked an airline charter department about that, they said they'd have to quote two round-trips, because they have to pay for the airplane and crew to get back home when they drop you off, then another round-trip to pick you up again. They won't sit at the destination waiting for you to be ready to return. It is not a way to save money ...

Back