Dispatcher Pay Spreadsheet

I wasn't attempting to answer your questions. I was questioning the validity of your questions.
No! You were NOT "questioning the validity of [my] questions".

Bumper stickers are not often "legitimate" questions of validity my friend. Plus, at best, your alleged "question of legitimacy" was rhetorical, and completely unrelated to the actual question(s) I posited. So, yeah, there's that, too.

If you have legitimate questions or arguments to be made regarding the legitimacy of any question I ask or any statement I make, I'm MORE than happy to hear them and take them on.

But you really weren't QUESTIONING. You were QUIPPING. Had you been questioning, you would have asked a question related to and aimed at the validity of what I asked. But, you did NOT do that.

No backpedaling and spinning, meow. That's akin to that propaganda I glancingly referred to earlier. You know, the kind that very rich and selfish people are buying and pumping into our culture in order to poison our collective consciousness and thought patterning. And to normalize cognitive dysfunction.

In related news... if you buy Tide Pods, you'll get 85% more Tide! (Analyze and discuss.)

Last edited:
MONEY should NEVER be WHY you choose your career!
Personally I love how each day is different and never the same. Yes IROP weeks during summer suck but it brings variety. And the best part, unlike other office jobs, you never bring it home.

I have only one question about that bold, enlarged, italicized part... WHY is it "kinda nice"?

Let me help you start your answer... What do you gain from knowing that information? Does knowing that information help you do your job more efficiently? More effectively? With greater competence? Why do you do your job?
This is probably the weirdest thing I have seen in this forum so far. If you don't know why people work and why they want to maximize how much they can make in return for providing value to a company worth billions....I don't know...lay off the drugs man.

This is probably the weirdest thing I have seen in this forum so far. If you don't know why people work and why they want to maximize how much they can make in return for providing value to a company worth billions....I don't know...lay off the drugs man.
Get closer to the philosophy, ah... man.

Also, like the previous pretender to an antagonist in this plot... you completely ignored/disregarded the questions asked.

I don't want your in-status-quo-conformity, hermetically-sealed, pre-packaged, regurgitated sound byte.

I'd really like it if you gave the questions some, you know man, actual thought and honestly attempted to answer them.

No drugs. Just thinking ... man!

BTW... thinking is really the ONLY thing that differentiates you as a man. So, go ahead and act accordingly.

Last edited:
Get closer to the philosophy, ah... man!

Also, like the previous pretender to an antagonist in this plot... you completely ignored/disregarded the questions asked.

I don't want your in-status-quo-conformity, hermetically-sealed, pre-packaged, regurgitated sound byte.

I'd really like it if you gave the questions some, you know man, actual thought and honestly attempted to answer them.

No drugs. Just thinking ... man!

BTW... thinking is really the ONLY thing that differentiates you as a man. So, go ahead and act accordingly.

Wow, you appear borderline insane. Stop trying to sound so profound.

The concept that money shouldn't be why people choose their profession is pushed by people who want you to work hard for less so they can keep more. There are only a few professions where that concept rings true. For example, I spent years as a firefighter. If you become a firefighter for the money, you're both deluded and not in it for the right reason. But we work at for-profit corporations. You're damn right I'm in it for the money. The fact I enjoy what I do allows me to not be miserable while I do it. But the fact I want to get paid well doesn't mean I'm somehow any less passionate or dedicated to the work. Even if money is all I'm after, I'm not going to keep getting it if I don't help make money for the airline.

MONEY should NEVER be WHY you choose your career!

Why shouldn’t it be? If I still was making regional wages, I probably would have left the industry years ago, for something that paid better. I mean, do you think people considering being doctors, pilots, etc. just do it because of love for the job or wanting to help people?

Money certainly isn’t the only reason I became a dispatcher but knowing you could make a good living at it when you get to a major was certainly one of the considerations when I decided to spend the tuition on and attend dispatch school.

This is exactly what I was thinking. Here we are discussing pay on a spreadsheet —online, and this dude comes out of nowhere with some weird discussion about why and how we do our jobs. LMAO.

Edit: Is this person someone’s union rep? Time to vote them out.
[clown emote] :bounce:

Last edited:
The concept that money shouldn't be why people choose their profession is pushed by people who want you to work hard for less so they can keep more. There are only a few professions where that concept rings true. For example, I spent years as a firefighter. If you become a firefighter for the money, you're both deluded and not in it for the right reason. But we work at for-profit corporations. You're damn right I'm in it for the money. The fact I enjoy what I do allows me to not be miserable while I do it. But the fact I want to get paid well doesn't mean I'm somehow any less passionate or dedicated to the work. Even if money is all I'm after, I'm not going to keep getting it if I don't help make money for the airline.
Proximately and superficially, that is NOT an incorrect statement. But instead of thinking proximately, think systematically and strategically.

Yes, those who love money will, perforce, seek more of it. They see the world in Zero-Sum terms. They really believe that anything they don't acquire, they lose. They see anyone other than themselves as a threat to, or a means of diminution of their own wealth. Systematically, that situation is the root of many of our current problems.

You see the flow here, right? You see the vicious cycle that has been intentionally created, right?

Greed is intentionally transmogrified into a virtue... or even a "philosophy". Then, great sums are spent to inculcate a malignant sin into a socially-acceptable virtue through means of highly-paid pseudo-intellectual sophists at "think tanks". Then that sophistry is promulgated through very expensive, incessant marketing and advertising. By such means, the greedy-wealthy create a system in which greed becomes culturally normalized and the slaves advocate for their own oppression and their own relative poverty.

Proximately and superficially, that is NOT an incorrect statement. But instead of thinking proximately, think systematically and strategically.

Yes, those who love money will, perforce, seek more of it. They see the world in Zero-Sum terms. They really believe that anything they don't acquire, they lose. They see anyone other than themselves as a threat to, or a means of diminution of their own wealth. Systematically, that situation is the root of many of our current problems.

You see the flow here, right? You see the vicious cycle that has been intentionally created, right?

Greed is intentionally transmogrified into a virtue... or even a "philosophy". Then, great sums are spent to inculcate a malignant sin into a socially-acceptable virtue through means of highly-paid pseudo-intellectual sophists at "think tanks". Then that sophistry is promulgated through very expensive, incessant marketing and advertising. By such means, the greedy-wealthy create a system in which greed becomes culturally normalized and the slaves advocate for their own oppression and their own relative poverty.

While it is true that some individuals and organizations may prioritize wealth accumulation and see the world in zero-sum terms, it is not accurate to claim that this is the root of all current problems. Such a claim oversimplifies complex societal and economic issues and ignores the role of various factors such as government policies, historical events, and cultural norms.

Furthermore, while there may be instances where greed is promoted as a virtue, it is incorrect to claim that it is intentionally transmogrified into one. People's values and beliefs are shaped by a range of factors, including personal experiences, cultural norms, and media representation. It is simplistic to attribute the widespread acceptance of greed to the actions of a small group of individuals.

In addition, the notion that people advocate for their own oppression and poverty is misguided. People may have different values and priorities, and what may be considered oppressive or poverty-inducing to one person may not be the same for another. Moreover, individuals may face systemic barriers that prevent them from achieving their desired level of financial success, such as discrimination, lack of access to education or healthcare, or limited job opportunities.

Therefore, while it is important to recognize the impact of wealth accumulation and the promotion of greed on society, it is inaccurate to attribute all societal problems to these factors alone. A more nuanced understanding of complex societal issues is necessary to formulate effective solutions.

THANKS CHATGPT!

Honestly, the biggest reason for something like this, is to see if it's worth applying at a company. It's better to know the starting pay when applying than it is to get to the end of the recruitment process and realize the pay is lower than you thought and the move isn't worth it.

What did I just read? All jokes aside this dude sounds like a union rep used ChatGPT
Nah, man.

It just seems like that because Chat GPT has scoured the entire internet to bring the great unwashed the depth of nuance that comprises the totality of the English language. Union Reps, and most other folks, do not come anywhere close to understanding anything even closely approximating the totality of the English language.

So, when someone who actually understands even just a few more words comes along, it seems like it must be a computer.

While it is true that some individuals and organizations may prioritize wealth accumulation and see the world in zero-sum terms, [1] it is not accurate to claim that this is the root of all current problems. Such a claim oversimplifies complex societal and economic issues and ignores the role of various factors such as government policies, historical events, and cultural norms.

Furthermore, while there may be instances where greed is promoted as a virtue, it is incorrect to claim that it is intentionally transmogrified into one. [2] People's values and beliefs are shaped by a range of factors, including personal experiences, cultural norms, and media representation. It is simplistic to attribute the widespread acceptance of greed to the actions of a small group of individuals.

[3] In addition, the notion that people advocate for their own oppression and poverty is misguided. People may have different values and priorities, and what may be considered oppressive or poverty-inducing to one person may not be the same for another. Moreover, individuals may face systemic barriers that prevent them from achieving their desired level of financial success, such as discrimination, lack of access to education or healthcare, or limited job opportunities.

Therefore, while it is important to recognize the impact of wealth accumulation and the promotion of greed on society, it is inaccurate to attribute all societal problems to these factors alone. A more nuanced understanding of complex societal issues is necessary to formulate effective solutions.

THANKS CHATGPT!
1. If you look closely, you'll see that I did NOT say that. (I NEVER use absolutes. LOL.)

2. Yeah, mostly vestigial evolutionary "factors" that create current evolutionary disadvantages for us. By and large, we seem incapable of evolving beyond our current neo-post-monkey phase in which some get laid for hoarding Ferraris instead of bananas. If the game is horrid, who cares what one's individual score happens to be, eh?

3. Is it? (for you viewers, you'll need to expand the response to view #3) Most folks I observe completely and unquestioningly buy into the current economic model and all of its social implications. I do know some who are more enlightened and have stepped outside the current cultural f/norm, but they are far and few between*. I'll admit, even though I get this, I myself have not yet entirely freed myself from it. It's very difficult. Structural inertia is a seriously powerful impediment to change. It's also a seriously powerful impediment to the observation of change, and/or to the observation/cogitation that change is necessary.

Let me ask you a question that is somewhat, but obliquely related. When I ask the question, do yourself a favor, don't look it up on the interwebs. If you happen to know, good on ya. But looking stuff up on the internet and presenting what you found as your own motivating knowledge is not just dishonest, but self-defeating and civilization-defeating. The only knowledge that is important and materially matters is the knowledge one carries around in one's head and soul. That's the only knowledge that is going to resonate meaningfully against one's daily experiences and observations in the world, and thereby, more deeply inform one.

Ok, here's the question: Why do the Amish shun many modern technologies?

* Yes, that IS intentional.

I'm now off to watch another Oh! pax-gets-thrown-off-a-plane video. See ya.

Last edited:
Nah, man.

It just seems like that because Chat GPT has scoured the entire internet to bring the great unwashed the depth of nuance that comprises the totality of the English language. Union Reps, and most other folks, do not come anywhere close to understanding anything even closely approximating the totality of the English language.

So, when someone who actually understands even just a few more words comes along, it seems like it must be a computer.

Nice try. Not today ChatGPT. Not today.

Nice try. Not today ChatGPT. Not today.
You are correct. That was NOT GPT. Not today. Not ever (with me).

Like I said, so far removed from daily experience as not even to be recognizable as straight up human... after being composed by a, you know, current human outside of your daily experience. (You could easily test this, you know...)

Good luck surviving post-GPT. Or was it post-chat? Either way, You'll need it.

The really scary thing for me? Yeah, I'll need it, too!

The great thing about democracy is that "the people" get precisely what they deserve. The terrifying thing about democracy is that I get precisely what "the people" deserve.

Last edited:
You are correct. That was NOT GPT. Not today. Not ever (with me).

Like I said, so far removed from daily experience as not even to be recognizable as straight up human... composed by a, you know, current human. (You could easily test this, you know...)

Good luck surviving post-GPT. Or was it post-chat? Either way, You'll need it.

Okay, you got ‘me’!

Back