Dispatcher Pay Spreadsheet

There is no additional pay unless you’re working an overtime or double time shift. If you made trades to work 14 days in a row, it would be paid entirely at straight time. There’s no point where it flips the switch to additional pay unless the shift is previously advertised as such. All that said, if you decide to pick up multiple overtime shifts in a row, starting the second shift onward you would be paid at double time until the next qualifying pay event (regular or trade shift, sick day, route qual, etc)

I would love to know as well. If that’s true, that’s absolutely insane. Especially for a major airline
Oh wow, didn't even know they were a major airline. I know few people got hired straight out of IFOD dispatch school this year, so I figured they were a regional

Oh wow, didn't even know they were a major airline. I know few people got hired straight out of IFOD dispatch school this year, so I figured they were a regional

Part of the major low cost group separate from the legacies. A few others in the bunch as well within the same category. Not a bad place to be, especially straight out of school.

Anyone have any income information on dispatching internationally. For DHL, Austrian Airlines, Lufthansa, ect. I can barley find any info on international dispatching. Would be cool to have a spread sheet for airlines outside of the US.

Every time there is an opening at an airline the first question to be asked is always about pay, schedule, etc. I thought it'd be nice to have a spreadsheet I could keep updated that has the information in it. Also, it's kinda nice to see how my pay stacks up against my peers (potentially valuable to those of you with a union). If your airline is on here but the info is wrong, or your airline isn't here at all (I'm missing a few), feel free to PM me or reply, whatever you're comfortable with. I want this to be as accurate as possible, if possible.

A few disclaimers - I can't guarantee this will always be 100% accurate, things change and I don't work everywhere, take it with a grain of salt. Some of these I found right here on jetcareers, some I got from a PM when there was an opening, and some I found on Glassdoor. Please take the Glassdoor ones with a (very) big grain of salt.

Hopefully somebody finds this useful - enjoy!

>>>Just click this obnoxious link<<<

I have only one question about that bold, enlarged, italicized part... WHY is it "kinda nice"?

Let me help you start your answer... What do you gain from knowing that information? Does knowing that information help you do your job more efficiently? More effectively? With greater competence? Why do you do your job?

Because they pay him, maybe?
Vague and de conformismo ... Let's make the question easier by reducing it to a less open-ended and more-available form...

How does whatever they pay him or not pay him make him more or less passionate about, or more or less competent at his duty to help his fellow man and colleague??

Last edited:
Vague and de conformismo ... Let's make the question less open-ended and available...

How does whatever they pay him or not pay him make him more or less passionate about, or more or less competent at his duty to help his fellow man and colleague??
Plenty of us are passionate about dispatch - myself included - but we still should advocate for ourselves and ensure we are compensated as best as we can achieve. Without efforts like this spreadsheet, it would be much easier to underpay dispatchers, reducing our quality of life. So I think the more important question is: Why do you not want this information to be public?

Vague and de conformismo ... Let's make the question less open-ended and available...

Why do you think that how much he is paid might affect his passion or competency? Seems like a very shallow assumption on your part.

Plenty of us are passionate about dispatch - myself included - but we still should advocate for ourselves and ensure we are compensated as best as we can achieve. Without efforts like this spreadsheet, it would be much easier to underpay dispatchers, reducing our quality of life. So I think the more important question is: Why do you not want this information to be public?
You misunderstand me. I want EVERYTHING that is TRUE to be PUBLIC. Not just public, but REQUIRED READING WITH A TEST!

That said, when the truth of greater and greater knowledge becomes public - if logic is adhered to - public attitudes about our individual duties around that public truth coalesce into hope for, unity around, and aligned progress toward a sustainable future for all of us.

Why do you think that how much he is paid might affect his passion or competency? Seems like a very shallow assumption on your part.
Dude, you know I respect you very much.

But in neither of your reply posts did you even come close to answering the question(s) I asked.

Don't make me change my mind. ;)

MONEY should NEVER be WHY you choose your career!

The motive should ALWAYS be your ability to provide SERVICE to humanity based upon a personal proclivity or competency that enables EXCELLENCE and SATISFACTION to you in your chosen trade - whose goal is to provide the VALUE of SERVICE to OTHERS.

Ok, I just obviated any obligation you might have felt to answer the previously posted questions honestly...

Y'all carry on in the great Ponzi Scheme of Western, neo-Keynesian consumerism! Nothing to see here... move along.

Last edited:
Lol is public knowledge of pay at various airlines really that serious? Pay should definitely be a huge factor for why you would want to work for an airline
Why does almost everyone try and go for the big four? Cause they are compensated the best and having the best benefits alongside it

Reactions: JTR
Dude, you know I respect you very much.

But in neither of your reply posts did you even come close to answering the question(s) I asked.

Don't make me change my mind. ;)
I wasn't attempting to answer your questions. I was questioning the validity of your questions.

Back