year 15 - $64 an hour
year 16 - $64 an hour
year 17 - $64 an hour
year 18 - $64 an hour
year 83 - $64 an hour
year 84 - $64 an hour
year 85 - $64 an hour

Yep sorry I was reading it wrong

I mean if you have 0 dispatch experience you can't be too picky about it..

On a side note, before COVID everyone used to say your first dispatch job is the hardest to get. I assume it's the opposite now?
Essentially, take what you can get for the best pay:cost of living ratio. The regionals are hemorrhaging dispatchers due to all the majors hiring in a frenzy over the last year, so many of them have upped their starting pay to compensate. It has honestly never been easier to land a Dispatch job than right now due to all the early retirements, especially with a major, but a regional for just starting out has never been easier either.

It took me about 3 months to get an interview and job offer from a regional after I applied literally everywhere fresh out of dispatch school. Now, I wouldn't be surprised if you hear back within a week or two with just how many people are hiring. So yeah, it is a bit reversed.

It took me about 3 months to get an interview and job offer from a regional after I applied literally everywhere fresh out of dispatch school. Now, I wouldn't be surprised if you hear back within a week or two with just how many people are hiring. So yeah, it is a bit reversed.
Took five months to land my first job when I started almost a decade ago.

I heard United's dispatch contract has a "me-too" clause that raises their pay to match Delta and/or American. Can anyone from there confirm if that's true, and does the spreadsheet reflect that?

Also, how many years is the payscale at UA?

I heard United's dispatch contract has a "me-too" clause that raises their pay to match Delta and/or American. Can anyone from there confirm if that's true, and does the spreadsheet reflect that?

Also, how many years is the payscale at UA?
I'm not quite sure about United's specifically, but it seems pretty industry standard for each union contract to be between 10-15 years for top out pay with 12 years being the average. Everything after top out is typically just a cost of living/inflation raise of 2.5-3% per year.

this is a stupid take.. Envoy has had40-45 DX leave the regional ranks to mainline, AA/Delta/Southwest among other low cost carriers.
Envoy has a direct connection into AA and has greatly expanded how many it sends to others like Southwest recently.
Does Envoy actually have a direct connection into AA? I thought they just liked hiring Envoy DXer's because they use the same flight planning software and they work closely with AA? I'm just curious how that works?

Does Envoy actually have a direct connection into AA? I thought they just liked hiring Envoy DXer's because they use the same flight planning software and they work closely with AA? I'm just curious how that works?

Short answer: Kind of yes

Longer answer: ENY and AA still both use DECS/RES and a host of other support software that no one else uses. Hiring from ENY allows AA to gloss over that training and accelerate some new hires placement on the floor. DECS isn’t that difficult to learn once you pick up the syntax, but it can be hard to memorize all the commands and will eat up weeks/months of classroom time.

Management talks and there even is local AA management in ENY’s SOC. There have been instances of people at ENY getting denied an interview/slot since they were too important to the operation or they just rubbed management the wrong way. Pre-COVID we’d normally see instructors get their golden ticket one class after their less specialized peers did.

There supposedly is language in an agreement that so many seats in every AA new hire class must be from/offered to ENY, but I never remember actually getting to see that language in an LOA or the CBA. I also didn’t bother looking very hard so it might be there somewhere.

Short answer: Kind of yes

Longer answer: ENY and AA still both use DECS/RES and a host of other support software that no one else uses. Hiring from ENY allows AA to gloss over that training and accelerate some new hires placement on the floor. DECS isn’t that difficult to learn once you pick up the syntax, but it can be hard to memorize all the commands and will eat up weeks/months of classroom time.

Management talks and there even is local AA management in ENY’s SOC. There have been instances of people at ENY getting denied an interview/slot since they were too important to the operation or they just rubbed management the wrong way. Pre-COVID we’d normally see instructors get their golden ticket one class after their less specialized peers did.

There supposedly is language in an agreement that so many seats in every AA new hire class must be from/offered to ENY, but I never remember actually getting to see that language in an LOA or the CBA. I also didn’t bother looking very hard so it might be there somewhere.

“Direct hiring to AA” is the trick language Envoy uses to get people thru the door. CA positions are the only exceptions. In mist cases yes, there’s a preference to AA hiring from envoy but like you said; there are instances of people being denied interviews or even offers because of they’re considered important to ENYs ops. A lot has changed since post Covid tho. So good luck to everyone heading there

Anyone at ZW care to share what's going on there at the moment contract and pay wise?

Envoy starting is 18.40.
Starting pay is 16.52 but we just got the union contract raise so it's more like 16.80

Well, what is the actual starting pay? Can't imagine Envoy is as attractive at 18.40 compared to others that are paying 20 or higher. Which is interesting considering I haven't seen a posting for Envoy but 9E, OO, YX all are/have been up for multiple weeks with higher pay.

Well, what is the actual starting pay? Can't imagine Envoy is as attractive at 18.40 compared to others that are paying 20 or higher. Which is interesting considering I haven't seen a posting for Envoy but 9E, OO, YX all are/have been up for multiple weeks with higher pay.

The payscale starts at $16.20 and ratchets up 2% every year from “Date of Sign” which was around October 2019. Currently starting pay is around $16.85 and will increase to $17.19 this coming October.

Management and the Union are working on some sort of scheme to get around the CBA and raise the starting pay. Originally this was floated as a flat “certificate premium” but has changed a few times. Last I heard, the newest plan left anyone hired Pre-COVID out to dry with no raise.

Just an update on ENY pay. As of May 14th, starting pay will be changed from $16.85 to $19.20/hr. The rest of the pay scale won’t be changed until the CBA is renegotiated, which could be a couple of years. For a new hire today it will take roughly 2 years to go from $19.20/hr to $19.27/hr if they keep everyone following the current CBA payscale.

Could one of you top notch AA guys please help and update the spreadsheet. Expecially the 2018 comments in the way right margin.
Thanks.

Just an update on ENY pay. As of May 14th, starting pay will be changed from $16.85 to $19.20/hr. The rest of the pay scale won’t be changed until the CBA is renegotiated, which could be a couple of years. For a new hire today it will take roughly 2 years to go from $19.20/hr to $19.27/hr if they keep everyone following the current CBA payscale.

ENY is 19.87. Someone screwed up the pay in a good way. Everyone I know there is happy with the raise. (well everyone that was making below that, no compensation for anyone making over it.)

Back