Dispatcher Pay Spreadsheet

why did commutair's rates go down? last i checked it said 18.78/hr start
Because I had an employee tell me it was wrong. I'm told they will start you on the pay scale based on experience, so if you have 2 years experience you start at that rate, not the bottom, which may be the source of confusion.

Hello everybody, a little update on the spreadsheet. The link in the OP now just directs you to another spreadsheet. I can't update the OP, so this seemed to be the best solution. This "new" spreadsheet is a stop gap while I slowly plug away on a dedicated website with some neat features to compare airlines, city data etc.

There is a couple reasons for the change, the first being that I wanted to get away from the basic public spreadsheet because I had people requesting access to edit it all the time. It's now a published sheet and there is a link at the top to a form to provide information. You can still PM me if you wish to do it that way. This format is also a little bit cleaner.

Second, all COL data is now based on census.gov rather than third party sites. I've regularly had people dispute the information for apartment costs etc, so I went this route to be as "official" as possible. There is an explanation for what those values represent at the bottom of the sheet. You can click on the HDQ city link to see the full census data for that city, which is pretty neat.

Regarding the form to provide info, I want to make it clear that I have not, do not, and will not reveal your identity, username, email, etc to anybody (this is regardless of how you give me info, whether it be by forum PM, this google form, direct email, or some form of social media). The bottom line is I get all my info from Casper the ghost, he's a cool guy..err..ghost. There is an upload option to upload pay scale documents/ images, supporting documents etc that help me verify the information being given, as well as helping me keep it updated over time. It's not mandatory, but very appreciated.

Thanks again to everybody for providing information and making this spreadsheet possible over the last few years.

For republic, is there any adders for having a license or if you have experience does the pay scale change . or is it just 16/17 hr (doesn’t matter if you have experience ?)

For republic, is there any adders for having a license or if you have experience does the pay scale change . or is it just 16/17 hr (doesn’t matter if you have experience ?)
It's straight payscale based on seniority at Republic, no adders for having a license and you don't start any higher on the payscale for prior experience.

Because I had an employee tell me it was wrong. I'm told they will start you on the pay scale based on experience, so if you have 2 years experience you start at that rate, not the bottom, which may be the source of confusion.
I can confirm they will offer two year pay from a recent offer letter. I was confused because I'm the interview they said starting pay was ~16.30.

Hi, I know the spreadsheet says the starting pay is $26.50 at Spirit, but it also says it’s last updated for Spirit in 2019. Is this still the starting pay and top out? And if it’s 4 on 4 off schedule does that reduce the number of hours you’re paid a year compared to regular 40 hr weeks? Thanks

Hi, I know the spreadsheet says the starting pay is $26.50 at Spirit, but it also says it’s last updated for Spirit in 2019. Is this still the starting pay and top out? And if it’s 4 on 4 off schedule does that reduce the number of hours you’re paid a year compared to regular 40 hr weeks? Thanks
$26.50 was the starting pay with their new contract a couple years ago. It’s probably a tad bit higher now. Pay is salaried based on 1825 hours per year. So under $50k to start

The spreadsheet doesn't address whether AA Dispatchers-in-training still only make 79% of the pay-scale. So is training pay really 79% of the &6798 a month?

Who cares? You get to dispatch the mighty 727! You should be paying them!
When I worked there, I started at 40 and got to 45 when I was signed off. Pay scale is terrible and you will likely top off 60 to 70k in about 10 years. Living cost is relatively cheap but I did not enjoy michigan at all but it's all on you

Also, they had new ops management and HR so I'm not sure if current pay is still accurate but I'm sure it's still in the ballpark

Last edited:
Starting pay is now $28.12 at Spirit. COL is average $1800 for 1 bedroom in or near Fort Lauderdale/Miami in 2022. Top out of $64 takes 15 years. Will be negotiating contract end of this summer.

Back