Dispatcher Mag?

Hondo Calrissian

I love chicken wings and beer....
It seems these days there is a magazine for everything....so I was wondering if there was one for aircraft dispatching?

I tried a Google search and didn't get no get but for other airline related publications.

l also, is there another organization besides the ADF?

Thanks!

No magazine that I am aware of. ADF does have a newsletter, but it's only published quarterly, and definitely isn't magazine-sized. As for other organizations besides ADF, I think there is one for corporate dispatchers/schedulers, but I don't know the name of it. There used to be one for international dispatchers, but I don't think it's currently active.

The NBAA offers a lot for corporate dispatchers. They give out a lot of scholarships for dispatchers, offer additional trainig courses and host jobs and have a huge dispatcher conference annually. Trade off is its pricey. But if you attend any of their conferences finding a job is super easy as everyone there loves to network.

The NBAA offers a lot for corporate dispatchers. They give out a lot of scholarships for dispatchers, offer additional trainig courses and host jobs and have a huge dispatcher conference annually. Trade off is its pricey. But if you attend any of their conferences finding a job is super easy as everyone there loves to network.

This is all true, but it's also important to note that the corporate aviation version of dispatch is not the same thing as passenger airline dispatch. No joint responsibility with the captain, and often there is a fair bit of crew scheduling involved. From what I hear, it can pay quite well, though.

Back