Did Great Lakes get 135 approval?

@jgheggie

And you're right...he had warnings from jc'ers before going. So why are those same jc'ers not agreeing that lakes is shady for inviting someone that doesn't qualify?

This site amazes me. I was once considering Great Lakes and I argued with people about the pros and cons. Everyone hated on lakes. So I decided to take the advise and not go. Then when I start talking down on lakes for screwing a kid over...sudden I'm being too harsh and it's the kids fault?

There's not as much support on this site as people like to act like they offer.
Whoa, whoa and whoa. For myself, I haven't bothered to keep up with this thread today until a few minutes ago. I glanced at it briefly yesterday and posted the link to the big thread for someone and at the time mine was the last post on here. I have also said everything I have to say about GL in two threads now, for the time being. At some point, people will do whatever they decide to do anyways.

Here is what Jflighttt said in the interview thread:

Got the phone call today...good a bad news..well I guess for some it may be good and better news :p

Brent, that interviewed me, gave me a call and started off by saying I had an outstanding interview and at 19 I am in a golden position in the industry. I did not get the job offer due to my age. Their policy is 21 minimum age. He wasn't happy to tell me that but it is what it is. He said otherwise he would give me a class date and he claimed that the only reason I am not getting the offer is simply because the age.

Sure makes me feel great especially that I do have good interview experience now. I guess I'll give myself a year and a half and head over to Skywest one day...

Thanks everyone for the support!

I have no idea why the hell they would waste their time and his time interviewing him when they certainly knew his age from his application. If he feels he got a good experience out of it, then so be it. It's his life. If there is more to the story, or something that went on in the interview or whatever, we will never know that, so why bother to assume anything or speculate on that. Doesn't interest me enough to post about that and I don't have a crystal ball. I still believe they are a bottom feeder and I am not to re-hash why for the millionth damn time either.

I also made a comment about his interview on Feb.12th on page nine of the big Great Lakes thread that I linked to another poster on page 4 of this thread. Do I need to say it second time on this thread too? What's the point?

So don't jump to conclusions that there is no support on this site, that people have disappeared, and start ragging on members for nothing. People get tired of repeating themselves, lose interest, may not be in the mood, have other priorities, don't have time, are not watching the thread 24/7, actually have other things to do, already posted what they wanted to on the other thread, or whatever. This isn't life and death. Sheeesh.

Last edited:
@jgheggie

Whoa, whoa and whoa. For myself, I haven't bothered to keep up with this thread today until a few minutes ago. I glanced at it briefly yesterday and posted the link to the big thread for someone and at the time mine was the last post on here. I have also said everything I have to say about GL in two threads now, for the time being. At some point, people will do whatever they decide to do anyways.

Here is what Jflighttt said in the interview thread:

I have no idea why the hell they would waste their time and his time interviewing him when they certainly knew his age from his application. If he feels he got a good experience out of it, then so be it. It's his life. If there is more to the story, or something that went on in the interview or whatever, we will never know that, so why bother to assume anything or speculate on that. Doesn't interest me enough to post about that and I don't have a crystal ball. I still believe they are a bottom feeder and I am not to re-hash why for the millionth damn time either.

I also made a comment about his interview on Feb.12th on page nine of the big Great Lakes thread that I linked to another poster on page 4 of this thread. Do I need to say it second time on this thread too? What's the point?

So don't jump to conclusions that there is no support on this site, that people have disappeared, and start ragging on members for nothing. People get tired of repeating themselves, lose interest, may not be in the mood, have other priorities, don't have time, are not watching the thread 24/7, actually have other things to do, already posted what they wanted to on the other thread, or whatever. This isn't life and death. Sheeesh.
You're right. It came out wrong.

My point is that it seem there are a few people who blame the kid. The bottom line is, lakes should not invite people to an interview who do not meet THEIR requirements. The kid said that THEIR policy is age 21. It certainly is not part 135 regulation. So how could the kid have known if it is not stated on the job listing.

Getting there on his own is certainly on him.

However, explain to me how his age is his fault? Their minimums are clearly under 121 minimums so their intentions were to hire him for 135. 135 does not require age 21. And on their job posting it DOES NOT list an age requirement.

Furthermore, the application asks for a birthdate. So, they clearly knew his age BEFORE inviting him to an interview. And even more compelling is the fact that they interviewed him completely and EVEN DISCUSSED HOW LONG IT WOULD TAKE TO UPGRADE DUE TO HIS AGE! Then sent him home with the notion that they would call and let him know. After awhile, they called and said he was too young and company policy was 21.

He did everything he should have done. The kids only mistake was wasting time on such a shady operation.

I'm fully aware of the age requirement for each. The following is what what I was alluding to in my post.
Though it seems as thought GLA has been interviewing people with low time ahead of their bid to fly 135 in order to have a pool of candidates, so that might be why they invited him to interview.
The deception is on GLA for not being specific in the job posting as well inviting to him to an interview then still not give him the straight up reasons for granting him an interview and not being specific as to whether it was for Part 121 or Part 135 until the end of the interview. I guess it wasn't completely a waste of time for either party, as it seems as if they were both using one another for the interview. GLA wanted to pre-screen a possible pool applicant in the event that they get Part 135 approval and he got some interview experience.

I'm at DEN right now and see a dozen or so GLA planes parked off in the distance.

Lol

Good good
Exactly what I saw when I pulled into there. Snow still on them. Asked Brent why aren't the planes flying? I should be in them!

image-4055619537.jpg

Back