Delta MEC Recalls

Interesting that ALL the MEC Officers are up for recall. What is the backstory on that? @Derg?

Lets just say this is more "Keeping Up With The Kardashians" than it is "Duck Dynasty"

Details as they're publicly releasable.

Shenanigans was a great bar/brewery in Spokane that was recently turned into a parking lot for the new convention center. Very sad.....

They paved paradise and put up a parking lot.

I'm sure he's right here reading that! ;)

While I'm not a Kingsley fan at all, you gotta do it the right way and for the right reasons.

I flipping hate Somalian radicals right now (pirates and the last terrorist situation), but I certainly don't believe in lobbing a nuke over there.

The council 54 letter is "t eh HOOJ". Had to pause in the middle.

The council 54 letter is "t eh HOOJ". Had to pause in the middle.

Just read that.

What is amazing (from what I read from the letter) is how the Council 54 (and 20) Reps saw what was going to happen, WARNED, the 'Legacy' Delta Councils don't play that game, let us work together, yet the legacy Delta folks did it anyway!

Real chickenpoo.

Just read that.

What is amazing (from what I read from the letter) is how the Council 54 (and 20) Reps saw what was going to happen, WARNED, the 'Legacy' Delta Councils don't play that game, let us work together, yet the legacy Delta folks did it anyway!

Real chickenpoo.

The thing is that we shouldn't have folks go from volunteers to elected reps, to appointed, and flow in and out of union work. We really need fresh voices and folks that will flow in for a bit and then flow out. Not spend decades because we end up with crap like this.

It leads to Gerrymandering (*cough* 66! *cough*), featherbedding and old man email/ASPEN fights. They need new blood but they also need to know they need to market to new blood.

Remember who national wanted for PHX strike and why the "suggestion" was bounced. :)

While I'm not privy to what is going on, our MEC has a pretty noteworthy disconnect from our pilot group as well.

Just like in congress nowadays I think the solution is to make union work less of a destination job, and more of a temporary thing. Our guys have a pretty ridiculous min day credit for union work. What they do is important, but if we allow the lifestyle to be too extravagant, that becomes the reason people run, rather than actually wanting to make a difference.

The thing is that we shouldn't have folks go from volunteers to elected reps, to appointed, and flow in and out of union work. We really need fresh voices and folks that will flow in for a bit and then flow out. Not spend decades because we end up with crap like this.

It leads to Gerrymandering (*cough* 66! *cough*), featherbedding and old man email/ASPEN fights. They need new blood but they also need to know they need to market to new blood.
:)

Like Governor Jerry Brown?....

Very true. Your chair up in DTW is one of the best to have on your side. He doesn't fit the mold as you describe though as he is elected, not appointed.

:)

How does Council 66 'gerrymander'?

While I'm not privy to what is going on, our MEC has a pretty noteworthy disconnect from our pilot group as well.

Just like in congress nowadays I think the solution is to make union work less of a destination job, and more of a temporary thing. Our guys have a pretty ridiculous min day credit for union work. What they do is important, but if we allow the lifestyle to be too extravagant, that becomes the reason people run, rather than actually wanting to make a difference.

What is the min day credit there? Is your Chair current?

Back