Delta hints at Comair spinoff

After such a long trackrecord of truth in advertising (
tongue.gif
grin.gif
) I doubt it would be a problem to think up some new BS to peddle to the uninformed.

That's interesting. I was under the impression that ASA and Comair were one of the few bright spots for Delta. I have always been curious as to why airlines will start selling off assets when the going gets tough. It seems like a short term gain in capital but would hurt in the long run. I wish I could call on my business degree for help but I forgot all that stuff long ago.
grin.gif

If they do spin off ASA and Comair it does not necessarily mean they will do the same for the academy, but it would make no sense for them to keep it. Maybe it would get picked up by Comair again and be like the old days. Who knows.

Comair is still the owner of DCA. If Comair gets spun off we go with it. I think it's more of a threat than a reality. There's been all sorts of rumors and inuendos from Delta selling off Comair and ASA, to merging Comair and ASA. The Delta owned DCI carriers are money makers. If they did spin them off it would be like it previously was before Delta purchased ASA and Comair Comair can make money on their own as they used too, which they did very well. I guess time will tell, so we'll just have to wait and see.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Comair is still the owner of DCA.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, so I'm right! It is still Comair Academy! Good to know.

G

[/ QUOTE ]

For a philosopher you sure need a lot more thinking... so here it comes spoonfed to you:

Delta Airlines own Comair Airlines...

Comair Airlines owns Comair Aviation Academy

Delta Airlines owns Comair Aviation Academy

Comair Aviation Academy changes name to Delta Connection Academy since their instructors are guaranteed and interview with ALL Delta Connection Carriers...

Is it really that hard to understand?
banghead.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

G

[/ QUOTE ]

For a philosopher you sure need a lot more thinking... so here it comes spoonfed to you:

Delta Airlines own Comair Airlines...

Comair Airlines owns Comair Aviation Academy

Delta Airlines owns Comair Aviation Academy

Comair Aviation Academy changes name to Delta Connection Academy since their instructors are guaranteed and interview with ALL Delta Connection Carriers...

Is it really that hard to understand?
banghead.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice try...

Let me give you a little logic...

Modus Ponens

If A, then B
A
Therefore B

Assume Delta spins off Comair...

If Delta Spins off Comair, then Comair will no longer be a subsidiary of Delta.
Delta Spins off Comair
Therefore: Comair will no longer be a subsidiary of Delta

If Comair will no longer be a subsidiary of Delta, then Delta will no longer "own" Comair Academy
Comair will no longer be a subsidiary of Delta (from previous step)
Therefore: Delta will no longer own Comair Academy

If Delta will no longer own Comair Academy, then their "connection" to the Delta will be lost.
Delta will no longer own Comair Academy (from previous step)
Therefore: Comair Academy's connection to Delta will be lost.

Once they aren't owned by Delta, they will have absolutely no more claim to a "connection" than FSI or any other flight schools that have an interview system set up.

Maybe you need some logic tutoring? You know, most people can understand the argument, without me having to be hyper-anal and write it out step by step like that. If you need some help, just let me know. I know this stuff is hard for some people.

FSI has a "connection" with ASA you know, and they are a Delta Connection carrier, or do I need to spoon feed that you too?

FSI has the direct track program with ASA
FSI doesn't need to stoop to the level of "other" schools, and change their name to "Connection" anything...
blush.gif

If you finish you Commercial, Instrument, Multi-engine rating at FSI, you can interview with ASA and ExpressJet for the direct track program. You don't even have to have been hired as an instructor, much less instruct for 800 hours. You don't have to be owned by an airline to have a "connection."

Don't act smug if you're on the losing side of an argument. It saves you from getting the ole Foot in Mouth disease...

G

They will, however, still be able to say that they are owned by an airline.

Phil. Pilot, DCA also now offers a program similar to what you are talking about. I'm not sure but I thought I heard it was with AE, but I'm not sure. It is very new though and I'm not sure if anyone is enrolled in the program. I think Montana referred to the program as a scam. Not sure what makes it a scam at DCA as opposed to a legit program at FSI. If you say it's the marketing than your beating a dead horse/preaching to the choir. A poor marketing choice does not mean poor training or a scam. The program at DCA is probably very similar to FSI with the difference being marketing. It would be a scam if they did not follow up with the training they promised, but they do provide quality training as do many other academies and FBO's.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

G

[/ QUOTE ]

Assume

[ QUOTE ]
Let me give you a little logic...

Modus Ponens

If A, then B
A
Therefore B

Assume Delta spins off Comair...

If Delta Spins off Comair, then Comair will no longer be a subsidiary of Delta.
Delta Spins off Comair
Therefore: Comair will no longer be a subsidiary of Delta

If Comair will no longer be a subsidiary of Delta, then Delta will no longer "own" Comair Academy
Comair will no longer be a subsidiary of Delta (from previous step)
Therefore: Delta will no longer own Comair Academy

If Delta will no longer own Comair Academy, then their "connection" to the Delta will be lost.
Delta will no longer own Comair Academy (from previous step)
Therefore: Comair Academy's connection to Delta will be lost.

Once they aren't owned by Delta, they will have absolutely no more claim to a "connection" than FSI or any other flight schools that have an interview system set up.

Maybe you need some logic tutoring? You know, most people can understand the argument, without me having to be hyper-anal and write it out step by step like that. If you need some help, just let me know. I know this stuff is hard for some people.

FSI has a "connection" with ASA you know, and they are a Delta Connection carrier, or do I need to spoon feed that you too?

FSI has the direct track program with ASA
FSI doesn't need to stoop to the level of "other" schools, and change their name to "Connection" anything...
blush.gif

If you finish you Commercial, Instrument, Multi-engine rating at FSI, you can interview with ASA and ExpressJet for the direct track program. You don't even have to have been hired as an instructor, much less instruct for 800 hours. You don't have to be owned by an airline to have a "connection."

Don't act smug if you're on the losing side of an argument. It saves you from getting the ole Foot in Mouth disease...

G

[/ QUOTE ]

Where is the logic in relating what is the present situation to what might happen?? It is not still Comair Aviation Academy, so no, you aren't right. IF what you say might happen, IF they spin off Comair Airlines and Comair Holdings (which to my understanding owns the school, not Comair Airlines) with it, then yes, we would no longer AT THAT POINT be owned by Delta. Pretty big IF's there that you are trying to "logically" relate to the present. And you are offering tutoring and calling someone else smug? For your reference, we send instructors to ASA and ExpressJet as well. Also add into that ACA, Chatauqua, Comair, Skyway, Skywest and now AE. As long as those airlines are hiring, we can have the interview arranged and guaranteed for us by Delta Connection Academy. Yes, these airlines hire from many different "sources" including FSA and FBO's, but can any one other place say they have an agreement with all the Delta Connection carriers as DCA does? Starting to see the point of "connection" yet?? Or maybe you need some tutoring too. Notice I did not say a job guaranteed, of which no school including FSA can offer. Also, seems kind of funny (ironic) to me how you will repeatedly comment on the connection part of our name and the fact that we are really "Comair..." yet you referred to your school in this whole post as FSI. Hummm, are you at FSI as you claim or are you at FSA? What was that you said about the foot in the mouth??
smile.gif

Just to clarify. Philosopher pilot was referring to the ASA and ExpressJet direct track programs that FlightSafety has. It has nothing to do with an agreement with instructors, and students that have completed their training at FlightSafety are eligible to apply. There is no dual given requirement, no contract and since they are given a COE prior to starting their training, it is their job to lose, that’s as close to a guarantee that you can get. ASA interviews all the candidates, gives them a COE, they complete the training satisfactorily then they get a class date...

Continue...

Did everyone move from the PanAm forum to here? Jeez, that place has been quiet lately, and this place has gone to hell.
grin.gif

Listen, I don't deny that if Delta doesn't spin off Comair, they still technically own Comair Academy. That is why the Assume was put in there, so that the argument would be sound.

Regardless, my point is merely that if Comair Spins off, it will create a little havoc for your marketing deptartment. Nothing more, nothing less. My first post was a joke man. Get over it.

I think the whole "connection" thing is a joke too. (I'm not alone here.) There just really is no way to justify it.

And about FSA vs. FSI. That whole distinction is something that came up on this forum. There really is no distinction. The academy is a FlightSafety International Learning Center, just like every other learning center in the world. So, to say that we aren't FSI is just plain wrong. That would be like saying the learning center in Savannah is not FSI, or that any other learning center is not FSI. When I connect to the network at school, I'm connecting to the corporate servers in New York.

Good grief.

G

Gee thanks for the logic tutoring....

IF the "IF" happens, Then our marketing department will make another pact with the Devil to conjure some other form of scam to lure innocent pilot candidates to our hellish institution...Untill then:

Our instructors are getting hired, enrollment is great and school is doing business as usual... and by the way we hear from the students that have "seen the light" and gone to the other nearby schools... they often comment how much cheaper it is there ... and how much inferior the training is!!!!

yeahthat.gif

CAA was able to attract students before and will continue to do so as DCA or if the have to revert back to CAA. The only things that will change is the name, the connection to Delta and employees will only be able to nonrev on Comair, unless Delta wants to be generous. ID90 and ID95's will be the new vocabulary. At least you'll get on a Comair flight before a mainline Delta nonrever!
rolleyes.gif
But seriously only time will tell and you just gotta go with whatever is served on our plates.

Don't forget the free two RT tickets on Delta's system to visit the academy. It might just go down along with the other employee bennies.

My point wasn't intended to discredit the direct-track program FSA has with ASA and ExpressJet. Eventhough ExpressJet's mins are now down to 600TT and 100ME or that they don't do a sim evaluation during their interview process. It still saves time and is prob a good program to utilize. DCA has a similar "direct-track" program with AE which would send a low-time pilot to the right seat without the need to instruct. The point I was making was that DCA sends instructors to those airlines, as well as all the other ones I listed (and some I didn't list, you can see for yourself a sampling on the website). Correction, we don't send to all those airlines because I don't think ACA has hired in awhile, but we have in the past sent instructors there and still have a contract with them for when they do hire, as we do with all the Delta Connection Carriers. No one else can claim this.

Continuing...

[ QUOTE ]
And about FSA vs. FSI. That whole distinction is something that came up on this forum. There really is no distinction. The academy is a FlightSafety International Learning Center, just like every other learning center in the world. So, to say that we aren't FSI is just plain wrong. That would be like saying the learning center in Savannah is not FSI, or that any other learning center is not FSI. When I connect to the network at school, I'm connecting to the corporate servers in New York.

Good grief.

G

[/ QUOTE ]

So why is the name of the school you attend Flight Safety Academy, and not Flight Safety International Learning Center at Vero Beach? Because you are a subsidiary of FSI. Just as we are a subsidiary of Delta. With your resonse you would seem to be ok if we were to keep our name, but instead start claiming to be a "Delta Connection Learning Center" just as our branches in Broward, Jacksonville, New Bedford and Dayton would be. But you wouldn't be ok with that. It would be some kind of slime ball marketing ploy on our behalf. Yet you are doing it for FSA... err... FSI... errrr Flight Safety Int'l Learning Center.. errr... ahh nevermind.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Good grief.

G

[/ QUOTE ]

So why is the name of the school you attend Flight Safety Academy, and not Flight Safety International Learning Center at Vero Beach? Because you are a subsidiary of FSI. Just as we are a subsidiary of Delta. With your resonse you would seem to be ok if we were to keep our name, but instead start claiming to be a "Delta Connection Learning Center" just as our branches in Broward, Jacksonville, New Bedford and Dayton would be. But you wouldn't be ok with that. It would be some kind of slime ball marketing ploy on our behalf. Yet you are doing it for FSA... err... FSI... errrr Flight Safety Int'l Learning Center.. errr... ahh nevermind.

[/ QUOTE ]

The academy is called the academy because we do a different kind of training here, not because we are distinct from FSI. (We are the only Center that does primary training.) We also do some of the same functions as the other Centers, such as Saab 2000, Citation, and King Air sim training. Soon we will have an ERJ Level D. (Next month)

There is a huge difference in the way FSI is set up, and the way Comair Academy is set up. FSI is an amalgam of all the Centers, which includes the academy. Comair Academy is a subsidiary of Comair, which is a subsidiary of Delta. We do not have that hierarchy here, so it is quite correct to say FSI.

G

Taken directly from Flight Safety Academy's website:
[ QUOTE ]
FlightSafety International, our parent organization, was founded in 1951...

[/ QUOTE ]
Sounds to me like they are claiming a heirarchy there. If I wanted to do some Citation sim training there in Vero, would I enroll in FSA or would I pay FSI? I personally could care less to be honest how FSI, FSA is set-up. What bothers me is the double-standard you have. Speaking of, let's take a claim of FSI's and see how you will defend it's statement.

[ QUOTE ]
Similarly, the FlightSafety Acedemy in Vero Beach, Florida, offers a career pilot selection and training program that leads directly to employment with Atlantic Southeast Airlines.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems to me like they are preying on the uninformed and hoping they will read it as stated, you go to FSA and you will be hired by ASA. Sounds like they are making a guarantee to me.
smile.gif
Granted, I know this is in reference to the direct-track program, and is not false in that they will be hired by ASA should they complete the program, but can be very misleading to the ones who aren't aware of the program. Is this acceptable advertising to you after you bash DCA's?

Back