DAL- let's bring Compass to mainline..website and resolution

Re: DAL- let's bring Compass to mainline..website and resolu

Holy crap, ACL is here now! I think you will dig this site a bit more that that "other" place.

Did I send you an email last night? I sent one to the three sponsors offering to lend a hand. Don't know if one of those was you.

The only thing I can think of is that he was referring to the holding company since Shuttle is under it. I dunno.

Doubtful..he mentions Airways and 86 seats. Shuttle doesn't fly for Airways and the 175's they fly for DAL has only 70 or 76 seats...I believe. No biggie, just didn't see how that related to this thread.

Trying to...somehow this thread has turned from Compass returning to mainline to Meyers bringing RAH and our birds into this.

Re read my friend. I mentioned Mesa/RAH/CRJ700's all in that. Which would include MY company. Asking where we draw the line in bringing scope back. Now if you want we can go back to the story at hand. And no need to get your panties in a bunch.

Rah was only an example of the MANY 70 seat regionals flying thse types of planes.

Holy crap, ACL is here now! I think you will dig this site a bit more that that "other" place.

Did I send you an email last night? I sent one to the three sponsors offering to lend a hand. Don't know if one of those was you.

I got it from someone else. I thank you for the support. Have you gotten a response back yet from someone.
In effect get as much of that info as possible and get ready to send it to us. We are going to need it soon.
Also can you do a cost analysis?
We like to see a few different numbers crunched.
You are an asset.

Also can you do a cost analysis?
We like to see a few different numbers crunched.

Somewhere there is a spreadsheet already programmed with that stuff. I would imagine that it would not be too hard to substitute Delta's numbers.

A weird little irony is that Prater was heavily involved in our SSL push and he actually still would have direct access. I don't know how enthusiastic he would be with helping me though. I voted against him when he ran for reelection for MEC chairman.

I need to start making some phone calls to my buddies back at CAL. I had to return the Union laptop with all my files in it when I left Express so, I need to reassemble all that stuff from folks that are still there.

You are an asset.

No need to stroke my ego. You had me at Hello. :p

Somewhere there is a spreadsheet already programmed with that stuff. I would imagine that it would not be too hard to substitute Delta's numbers.

A weird little irony is that Prater was heavily involved in our SSL push and he actually still would have direct access. I don't know how enthusiastic he would be with helping me though. I voted against him when he ran for reelection for MEC chairman.

I need to start making some phone calls to my buddies back at CAL. I had to return the Union laptop with all my files in it when I left Express so, I need to reassemble all that stuff from folks that are still there.

No need to stroke my ego. You had me at Hello. :p

I am not trying to stroke your ego. I just realize that there are people that are far more qualified/ experienced with things than I am. You experience is going to be used trust me.
As for that spreadsheet. I have been looking though all of my files, but cannot find it. I literally have one computer that is all DAL/DCI stuff. It is buried in a report I have. I am sure I can find it, but it may take some time.

Goodluck to you guys. Its a move in the right direction for the industry. Lets hope the positives outweigh the negatives and management see's it that way too.

And does compass have any 175's in Delta colors yet? ;)

I have some question from you Delta guys? How much of scope do you really think you can reign in back to mainline? Would there still be a need for commuter/regional feed?

I have some question from you Delta guys? How much of scope do you really think you can reign in back to mainline? Would there still be a need for commuter/regional feed?

Someone's got to fly the turboprops!:rolleyes:

Seriously, That is a good question. I believe there will always be a need to have regional operations, covering smaller communities. That said, the original mistake was in letting the 50 seaters go in the first place. No way to recapture that flying, but at least all the 76 seaters must be eventually recovered. The 70s would be a long fight.

Someone's got to fly the turboprops!:rolleyes:

Seriously, That is a good question. I believe there will always be a need to have regional operations, covering smaller communities. That said, the original mistake was in letting the 50 seaters go in the first place. No way to recapture that flying, but at least all the 76 seaters must be eventually recovered. The 70s would be a long fight.

If I may say something, and I don't mean to insult anyone or say anything bad about anyone at all. Saying that someone has to fly the turboprops (i know you were joking) is a scary statement. The Q400 is a remarkable airplane, it is already serving routes like DCA-EWR. It is way more efficient that the CRJ 200. If you guys are going after the EMB 175 and 900, you have to include airplanes like the Q400. Just becuase it has props doesnt mean it can't be flown at mainline. Colgan airlines already has orders for 60 of those things over the next 4-5 years. Those are seats that all could be at continental. Watch out Delta, You know Pinnacle is going to try and sell that Q to Delta. Keep the props mainline as well!

If I may say something, and I don't mean to insult anyone or say anything bad about anyone at all. Saying that someone has to fly the turboprops (i know you were joking) is a scary statement. The Q400 is a remarkable airplane, it is already serving routes like DCA-EWR. It is way more efficient that the CRJ 200. If you guys are going after the EMB 175 and 900, you have to include airplanes like the Q400. Just becuase it has props doesnt mean it can't be flown at mainline. Colgan airlines already has orders for 60 of those things over the next 4-5 years. Those are seats that all could be at continental. Watch out Delta, You know Pinnacle is going to try and sell that Q to Delta. Keep the props mainline as well!

I think they're looking at it on a seat capacity basis. The Q400 falls into the same realm as the CRJ-700 since (and correct me if I'm wrong) it's a 70 seater. It's already been mentioned that the 70 seat going to mainline would be a fight, even though it's only 6 seats less than 175/-900. I'm more worried about them straight up replacing 9E flying with Colgan flying in he Q400 in a "take that you nasty union pilots for not signing our low ball agreement" move.

This proposal is a great first step. Win this battle to open the war to take back ALL flying to mainline.

It just takes time.

Not going to happen. Heck there hasn't been props at mainline in a looooooong time. I think the last major carrier that had props was Piedmont which operated the YS-11 which ended it's service with Piedmont in 1982. Since then all props have been operated by commuter/regional airlines. They'll be lucky to get the 76 seat aircraft and trying to get the 70 seater is going to be an even greater battle. The barn door's been open too long on the 50 seaters. There's still a niche for the 50 seat RJ, but in limited numbers.

Actually, America West was flying Dash-8's intra-Arizona for a period of time.

Not going to happen. Heck there hasn't been props at mainline in a looooooong time. I think the last major carrier that had props was Piedmont which operated the YS-11 which ended it's service with Piedmont in 1982. Since then all props have been operated by commuter/regional airlines. They'll be lucky to get the 76 seat aircraft and trying to get the 70 seater is going to be an even greater battle. The barn door's been open too long on the 50 seaters. There's still a niche for the 50 seat RJ, but in limited numbers.

YS-11

That's what I'm talkin' about.

Seriously, one step at a time, just like it was let go

Actually, America West was flying Dash-8's intra-Arizona for a period of time.
Doh!:banghead: Forgot all about those! They flew those from 1987-1992. So that makes them the last major to fly turboprops.

Doh!:banghead: Forgot all about those!:banghead:

Step off the ledge man, it'll be ok!

BTW, fried country ham, toasted bread a little bit of mustard... Nirvana. You da man.

Well, it's either that or six legs a day and a 10 hour layover in an MEL'd MD-88 as captain. No thanky.

KMA,Taylor! (TIC)

It's only five... Out and back, out and back, wait for EMB-175 to clear gate, layover!

Only two five leggers on a four day! We call that HARD time...

You left out the 4:59 sits, however.

BTW, it's a NINE hour layover. How quickly some forget! ;-)

Now get online and let us kick your butt in Mario Cart! We've got "wheels"

-Cable Boy:crazy:

ORLY? Send me your Mario Kart friend numbers, we'll get it hooked up and we'll beat your asses like you owe us money! :) :) :)

Back