DAL- let's bring Compass to mainline..website and resolution

Re: DAL- let's bring Compass to mainline..website and resolu

Perhaps we can get our guys at USairways to realize the issues with scope and take it back over as well. That'd be the day. Sick and tired of seeing those 86 seat aircraft being flown for such terrible rates. Give em hell Denny and make this happen.

Yeah... bring them to Delta mainline, give them real rates and then... HOLY COW!!! YOU'RE ALL ON THE STREET! Thanks for the airplanes and the good rates, cya.

If mainline shrinks, they have to take seats out at the regional level.

I understand this, but there better be strong language in this staple about the permanent placement of the 36 175s onto Delta cert and not just the staple of pilots. Otherwise I could see the 36 never making it to Delta, therefor it wouldn't be a shrinkage of Delta.

I would also like to say that I would be incredibly happy for my friend at Compass if this happens (not the possible furlough part) and I will be incredibly pissed at myself for bypassing interview opprotunities.

Yeah... bring them to Delta mainline, give them real rates and then... HOLY COW!!! YOU'RE ALL ON THE STREET! Thanks for the airplanes and the good rates, cya.

Either way, if DAL furloughs they are on the street.

The main problem with this is that both pilot groups want it. When has management ever given the pilots what they want? The last thing management wants is unified pilots. Now, if both Compass and Delta came out against a combined list, you'd have a single list by the end of summer.

I like the idea of getting the scope back at mainline, but if this happens, I'll likely cross Delta off the potential employer list. Why? There are a LOT of guys at Compass younger than me. They'd be senior to me and younger, so I'd likely get maybe 5-10 years as a CA before I had to retire.

I like the idea of getting those 175s back to mainline, though. I also thought about the "more mainline a/c = opening the door to more regional a/c" loophole, too. Not sure what the wording is on the charter for Compass, and someone mentioned it earlier, but they could still spin it off, too. That would sour the whole deal.

Also, what are the Delta pilots going to have to give up in order to get the Compass guys on the list? Management isn't gonna do this one for free.

</devil's advocate>

I like the idea of getting the scope back at mainline, but if this happens, I'll likely cross Delta off the potential employer list. Why? There are a LOT of guys at Compass younger than me. They'd be senior to me and younger, so I'd likely get maybe 5-10 years as a CA before I had to retire.

I like the idea of getting those 175s back to mainline, though. I also thought about the "more mainline a/c = opening the door to more regional a/c" loophole, too. Not sure what the wording is on the charter for Compass, and someone mentioned it earlier, but they could still spin it off, too. That would sour the whole deal.

Also, what are the Delta pilots going to have to give up in order to get the Compass guys on the list? Management isn't gonna do this one for free.

</devil's advocate>
back to mainline?

That would be crazy.

There are 310 line pilots at Compass and probably about half of them are over the age of 35, and a decent chunk are over 50.

Additionally that amount of pilots is a drop in a bucket out of 12,500. There are already plenty of pilots at the bottom of the new Delta list with 30 years of flying to go.

back to mainline?

I use the term too.

It's not a DC-9-10, but it is more capable in range and comfort and the baby -9s have only been gone for four years now.

So, no, the Embraers have yet to fly at Northwest or Delta, but something the same size has within the past few years (and the DC-9-30 seats 100 which are still flying) and everything about mainline getting the flying "back" is accurate except for the airframe itself.

Lets get those CR7s and CR9s back at mainline too. Truth be told mainline doesnt want them, but i fear that mentality is what got them into this mess in the first place.

Either way, if DAL furloughs they are on the street.

And in a similar comparison -

Those furloughees would either fly at Compass with the Compass work rules (bankruptcy contract created by NWA management and voted on by pilots who knew they'd most likely never fly under it)

or

Those furloughees would fly planes that had been at Compass but they would then have Delta work rules.

</devil's advocate>

Kell, those are good points. Ive been talking to a lot of the captains that I fly with about this subject and they pretty much feel the same way. Shoot I just finished a trip with a 15 year captain yesterday (probably senior to the whole Compass pilot group)

It would be nice to see these planes at mainline, but I'm sure a lot people at the NW and Delta regionals would feel pretty screwed.

No doubt its great you guys are taking the steps to get these jets to mainline, but like someone said earlier won't this be bad in the long run? Isn't there a clause in the scope language that says if mainline adds a new aircraft they can add 3 76 seaters at the regional level? Whats to say that Delta agrees to staple compass, aquire 108 76 seaters, tell the pilots that they are parking all the Dc-9s and then say we have our 100 seat replacements for the next 10 years. Believe me, I'm at Mesaba and I didn't come here to fly Crjs for the rest of my career. Makes me sick we are flying 3 hour legs in this damn plane. But at the same token, we all went to regionals for one thing, to start our career progression. I know it's none of the pilots on this board, but on other boards, it seems like we get the crap kicked out of us from mainline pilots because we steal their routes and planes. At the end of the day, its a job and a paycheck. And we need to do everything we can to get the paycheck we deserve. And right now, we are not getting what we deserve. So for those guys up at mainline, thanks for the fight. Lets start with CPZ and get the rest of the 76 seaters up there at mainline.

But where do we draw a line? Is it all aircraft over 76 seats? Its it all JETS 70 seats or greater? Is it all airframe (Q400's included) 70 seats and over back to mainline? At the end of the day the question comes, do you at mainline want to fly these planes? It appears that USairways for one decided they were better then the planes. Thus the old American West contract allowed Mesa to fly those 86 seat aircraft. Then RAH jumps in and starts flying them as well. Where do we draw the line? In addition then what happens to those planes? Do we say, "RAh your pilots can come to mainline with those planes." Or do we say, "You better take seats out of those planes to keep flying them," and thus they are sitting there with planes and nothing to do with them?

With no ties to this pax crap (for now anyway), I say good on them.

Taking the first steps on a long journey to recapture all flying.

We should not only support these gentlemen, but throw our efforts behind them.

Scope was let go very slowly over a 30+ year period. The journey to rectify the issue will be, doubtless, a long and arduous one.

If it sports the name of the airline, it should be flown by that airline. And this is from someone who's entire career until 18 months ago was made by flying cast off by others.

Kell, those are good points. Ive been talking to a lot of the captains that I fly with about this subject and they pretty much feel the same way. Shoot I just finished a trip with a 15 year captain yesterday (probably senior to the whole Compass pilot group)

It would be nice to see these planes at mainline, but I'm sure a lot people at the NW and Delta regionals would feel pretty screwed.

Which is why it would be staple and not integrate.

Northwest furloughees were offered spots at Compass. Three (3) took the offer. The rest of the seniority list is three years or less, so automatically junior by DOH than the 15 year captain you cited as an example.

But the flowthrough and interview separates Compass. The flowback/flowthrough is virtually unrestricted in both directions and Compass pilots were interviewed for Northwest and this carried over into the JPWA.

Transferring ALL vendor flying back to mainline in one fell swoop is totally impossible and will never happen. Starting with an attempt at attaching one that is the closest to mainline is the only way to see if anything else would ever be possible later on.

Even for someone like myself who has grown up in the Delta family; thankfully there are other companies out there besides Delta. Just sayin'

But where do we draw a line? Is it all aircraft over 76 seats? Its it all JETS 70 seats or greater? Is it all airframe (Q400's included) 70 seats and over back to mainline? At the end of the day the question comes, do you at mainline want to fly these planes? It appears that USairways for one decided they were better then the planes. Thus the old American West contract allowed Mesa to fly those 86 seat aircraft. Then RAH jumps in and starts flying them as well. Where do we draw the line? In addition then what happens to those planes? Do we say, "RAh your pilots can come to mainline with those planes." Or do we say, "You better take seats out of those planes to keep flying them," and thus they are sitting there with planes and nothing to do with them?

Just curious, who's the "we" you refer to. Anyways..

It sounds cool on a JC thread, but theres a little thing called a contract that we have with Airways. They can't tell us to take seats out or else...though BB would no doubt do it, but in the end, taking seats out would only hurt their bottom dollar, not ours. If they want scope revisited, it'll have to be after our contract expires, or they change it through some form of bankruptcy..which is possible.

Scope, contract, expired?

You talking about your guy's CBA? You mean amendable?

Back